Silhouette Range Meet for Hawaii Rimfire Shooters (Read 26815 times)

Inspector

Silhouette Range Meet for Hawaii Rimfire Shooters
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »
Aloha all you 2A Ohana!  :shaka:

Me and Bushido want to get all of you rimfire lovin' fanatics  :love:  out there to come and join us for a shoot and meet at the Silhouette Range. We call ourselves the Hawaii Rimfire Shooters and we would like to get something started here where we meet and shoot regularly. All we ask is that you bring a rimfire rifle or pistol (or both) and a bunch of rounds to fire off. If this works out to be something regular we will mix things up and shoot at the different ranges and maybe do a rimfire challenge every so often. So if you are a rimfire lover  :love:  like we are come on out and join us for the shoot and meet.

When: Sunday January 29 at 7:00am-7:30am
Where: KHSC Silhouette Range
Cost: $5 range fee
Requires one rimfire pistol or rifle (.22 or .17)

We know it is the same day and time as Zippz Meetup Group so we hope to join up and shoot with them as well. Also, you can bring any other guns you want as long as they conform to the Silhouette Range requirements. If you don't have a rimfire gun and would still like to join us, please PM me and I'll arrange for an extra gun for you to shoot.

PM me or Bushido to let us know you will be joining us. We look forward to meeting you and shooting with you.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

zippz

Re: Silhouette Range Meet for Hawaii Rimfire Shooters
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »
Sounds good...we can mix things up.  Seems a bit early though.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Inspector

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »
Sounds good...we can mix things up.  Seems a bit early though.
Thought if we got there early enough we could get spots all together? I don't mind coming early (But my wife hates it).

zippz

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:22:48 PM »
Other things we can do is to shoot the monthly rifle fun match on the first weekend of the month at the silhouette range and join in on the Hawaii Smallbore club matches on the rifle range.  The chinese gun club has rimfire pistol matches too on Feb 11th and June 10th, not sure if you can just do the rimfire portion or you have to shoot the centerfire match too.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

556fun

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 06:42:08 PM »
Aloha all you 2A Ohana!  :shaka:

Me and Bushido want to get all of you rimfire lovin' fanatics  :love:  out there to come and join us for a shoot and meet at the Silhouette Range. We call ourselves the Hawaii Rimfire Shooters and we would like to get something started here where we meet and shoot regularly. All we ask is that you bring a rimfire rifle or pistol (or both) and a bunch of rounds to fire off. If this works out to be something regular we will mix things up and shoot at the different ranges and maybe do a rimfire challenge every so often. So if you are a rimfire lover  :love:  like we are come on out and join us for the shoot and meet.

When: Sunday January 29 at 7:00am-7:30am
Where: KHSC Silhouette Range
Cost: $5 range fee
Requires one rimfire pistol or rifle (.22 or .17)

We know it is the same day and time as Zippz Meetup Group so we hope to join up and shoot with them as well. Also, you can bring any other guns you want as long as they conform to the Silhouette Range requirements. If you don't have a rimfire gun and would still like to join us, please PM me and I'll arrange for an extra gun for you to shoot.

PM me or Bushido to let us know you will be joining us. We look forward to meeting you and shooting with you.
I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom_G

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »
As much as I love rimfires, and as much as I'd like to meet with and hang out with like-minded folk... I will not be there for a 7am meeting. See you in my dreams!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Inspector

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:30:26 AM »
I'm in!

Great! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Inspector

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 07:32:37 AM »
As much as I love rimfires, and as much as I'd like to meet with and hang out with like-minded folk... I will not be there for a 7am meeting. See you in my dreams!
Come at 8 or 9, Tom. We'll be there. Think about it.

Bushido

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 06:55:19 PM »
Inspector, Thank you for taking the time to put this together and post.  :shaka:

I'm looking forward to meeting new shooters and sharing information with those that have the same rimfire passion. Inspector and I have discussed all kinds of ideas for fun rimfire shoots that we can do and I would love to hear what others have in mind. I would love to put something together like the "22 marksman challenge" the Long Range Shooters of Utah.

I welcome all to join us (experts, novices as well as new shooters). I will bring a few rimfires with me and anyone interested can try any of MY guns.

Please pass this info along to anyone whom you may feel may be interested.

Aloha

Bushido

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »

I will likely shoot for a few hours. Come out and introduce yourself if you can make it.

Bushido

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
Other things we can do is to shoot the monthly rifle fun match on the first weekend of the month at the silhouette range and join in on the Hawaii Smallbore club matches on the rifle range.  The chinese gun club has rimfire pistol matches too on Feb 11th and June 10th, not sure if you can just do the rimfire portion or you have to shoot the centerfire match too.

I would be interested in shooting in some of these shoots. As well, any of the Meetup group is welcomed to come by and try any of my guns.

Bushido

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 07:00:56 PM »
I'm in!

You better be!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bushido

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »
Thought if we got there early enough we could get spots all together? I don't mind coming early (But my wife hates it).

I will be there early as well having some coffee and help hold a few stalls. Nothing like some cafeine jitters when looking through a high magnification scope. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

556fun

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »
You better be!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zippz

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 09:55:46 PM »
I'm going to try and become an Appleseed instructor in February, then we can have training camps and matches at Koko Head.

Inspector

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 05:33:02 AM »
I'm going to try and become an Appleseed instructor in February, then we can have training camps and matches at Koko Head.
That's great! Especially for the kids.

zippz

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »

I might try for June instead.  One of the qualifications is to attend an appleseed first, then go to the instructors class.  June class is in Wyoming.  Anything to do in Wyoming? 

Bushido

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »
Bump and just to confirm, this is an informal get together for rimfire shooters. We will not be shooting in a competition/match (unless anyone wants side bets   ;D :thumbsup:). Primarily to meet others that share the same interest, share information and to hear what kinds of shoots others are interested in doing. Come on down if you can make it. I'll be there from 7:30ish and stay for a few hours.

Zipps will be there with the Meetup group as well. My co-worker will be there with his rimfires and will likely bring his kids. I will allow shooters to try out MY guns (adults and children over 9yo) and will provide ammo.

PM me or Inspector if you have any questions or concerns.

Aloha, Bushido  :shaka:

556fun

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 07:50:36 AM »
Bump and just to confirm, this is an informal get together for rimfire shooters. We will not be shooting in a competition/match (unless anyone wants side bets   ;D :thumbsup:). Primarily to meet others that share the same interest, share information and to hear what kinds of shoots others are interested in doing. Come on down if you can make it. I'll be there from 7:30ish and stay for a few hours.

Zipps will be there with the Meetup group as well. My co-worker will be there with his rimfires and will likely bring his kids. I will allow shooters to try out MY guns (adults and children over 9yo) and will provide ammo.

I'm in!

macsak

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 08:21:36 AM »

mahalo for organizing this guys, i'm not available due to a funeral, but i hope you guys have a great day!