Canadian with questions (Read 1822 times)

Parker-Hale Mike

Canadian with questions
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:59:52 PM »
Hi, I am new to the board, I am a Canadian gun guy from the West Coast and am looking at options of moving to the USA.

Is there anyone on the board who works as a Marine Machinery Mechanic at PHNSY?

I am a Canadian who is in that line of work and am interested in staying in the same line of work.

I also have questions about the immigration process over and above what I can find on the govt websites. Any former Canadians on the board?

groveler

Re: Canadian with questions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 07:46:10 PM »
I have no idea why you'd want to move move to USA
today.  I'd try to get on with the TMT.
I know a guy from Ontario that built the Kecks
and ELT in Chile,  better and safer places to work.
Honolulu is the last place you want to go.
You'd be better off at Puget sound Naval ship yards.

PM me and I will give you his name and
you can figure it out from there.

Hawaii is a bad place to relocate to today.
Too many Democrats.

Parker-Hale Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 12:05:34 PM »
I am from Canada, your version of crazy leftists can't scare me. My country's leftist lunatics has you beat by a country mile.

I have worked on every US Navy base on the west coast all the way to Japan, Pearl is my favorite. Thus Hawaii. I may consider Puget Sound but Washington is just as crazy as Hawaii.

Your "restrictive" gun laws are like a free for all compared to Canada. Besides, how do you think you change policy, by changing the demographic, please let me in.....lol

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »
Good luck, youre going to spend $700,000 on a 1500 sq foot home that was built in the 1960s.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 12:39:35 PM »
Good luck, youre going to spend $700,000 on a 1500 sq foot home that was built in the 1960s.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All depends on the timing.  After all this pandemic stuff, he might pick up a nice new home for cheap at a foreclosure auction or forced sale.

Owner's pain is buyer's gain.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 12:48:26 PM »
I am from Canada, your version of crazy leftists can't scare me. My country's leftist lunatics has you beat by a country mile.

I have worked on every US Navy base on the west coast all the way to Japan, Pearl is my favorite. Thus Hawaii. I may consider Puget Sound but Washington is just as crazy as Hawaii.

Your "restrictive" gun laws are like a free for all compared to Canada. Besides, how do you think you change policy, by changing the demographic, please let me in.....lol
You're spunky, I like that. :thumbsup:

groveler

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 12:55:23 PM »

I have several Canadian buddies that have immigrated.  I'll email them and ask if they wish to help you on immigration stuff.  I'll PM their emails if they are willing to help you out.
PSNSY is a pretty good place.  WA state is Nuts, but is a "shall issue state", open carry state, and you don't have to beg the police to buy a gun
like you do here in Hawaii.
Areas around Bremerton are definitely cheaper than Honolulu.
Aloha.

RSN172

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 01:57:09 PM »
I have a good friend that is an immigration attorney with a large law firm.  Damon Key Leong Kupchek Hastert.  Two of the partners and two of their attorneys were my customers when I had my business on Oahu. PM me if you want his name and ph nbr.

Parker-Hale Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 07:01:53 PM »
I have several Canadian buddies that have immigrated.  I'll email them and ask if they wish to help you on immigration stuff.  I'll PM their emails if they are willing to help you out.
PSNSY is a pretty good place.  WA state is Nuts, but is a "shall issue state", open carry state, and you don't have to beg the police to buy a gun
like you do here in Hawaii.
Areas around Bremerton are definitely cheaper than Honolulu.
Aloha.

Thank you for the help. Yes Bremerton is cheaper and only an hour from here but PH is my preference. I love the Hawaiian Islands.

I have a good friend that is an immigration attorney with a large law firm.  Damon Key Leong Kupchek Hastert.  Two of the partners and two of their attorneys were my customers when I had my business on Oahu. PM me if you want his name and ph nbr.

Thanks, I will be in touch as this either progresses or doesn't.