Hawaii turns Republican ! (Read 12457 times)

Rocky

Hawaii turns Republican !
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »

Some friends of mine became tired of the "O'le Blue Boy " system here in Hawaii and have started a movement to "Make Hawaii Great Again '!
A 3 year REPUBLICAN resident of Hawaii has unseated  the democratic  held District 47 State Chair. District 47 is the largest district on Oahu.
   Now not only do I (we) have a legit reason in attending the meetings, but I have also thrown in my hat running for or serving as an Officer, Delegate, Committee Rep or any other support I can offer.

Meet your new  District 47 Chair; I have begun working/volunteering in our voting district to help promote the Republican Party platform of Conservative, Constitutionally limited government, Personal Responsibility, and Individual Freedom with an emphasis on reforming and rebuilding our State's GOP Party from the bottom up. We the  Republican, conservative, liberty minded people of Hawaii have a voice and it is not being represented in our State and Federal Legislative bodies.
I hope you agree and if so, we have work to do.

If you want to know a little more about me please read my attached Bio. 
I am currently planning Precinct  Election meetings to get our local house in order, are you interested in attending the meetings, running for or serving as an Officer, Delegate, Committee Rep ?
This will be discussed and explained at the first  meeting, TBA,  in greater detail. I can also send you more info upon request if you want to get involved immediately.

If you have any questions, or just want to talk to me about this initiative, please feel free to call.
I truly look forward to working in our community, with our people, making our District Great Again and helping to lead the charge to effect our State in a mighty way. 
Positive, informed,& motivated people are needed, and curious, sincere newcomers will always be welcome!
Many new Republican Party leaders, in numerous Districts, have committed to pursuing a Grass Roots Strategy for success and an effort to strengthen the Hawaii GOP.
Please consider what your main concerns, interests, or passions are, and if you feel you could help in any way at all or simply attend a Precinct meeting once a month, let me know.

So, what do you think? What really matters to you?
Should we be getting this message to decent, qualified people who are willing to run for office and change the direction of our State?
We can, if only we unite and fight for what we know is right!
                                                                                     ********************************************************

Which issue or issues matter the most to you? Is there an issue not listed here- let me know ;-)
•   Jobs, Economic Growth
•   Second Amendment Rights
•   Religious Freedom - Freedom of Speech
•   De-funding Planned Parenthood - Right to Life
•   Environment
•   Tax Reform- less not more- the Rail
•   National Security
•   Protecting Medicare and Social Security
•   Conservative Educational Reform- Common Core
•   Veteran Affairs
•   Fixing our Broken Immigration System
•   Repealing Obamacare- Healthcare reform- Food Freedom- GMO's
Etc....

If you are concerned, will you please share this with some of your like-minded friends, contacts, co-workers and neighbors.
Also, let me know if you want email updates or if you want to participate in any way :)

"Mahalo nui "!

In Liberty and ...in peace!

Sincerely,
Rhonda Welsch
386-576-4308

If she can take over the largest almost single handily,  Imagine what you can do !
Bio here     https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8YdUGFrSbBBR2hPOW5qZHZ4cGZLTWZDSXhoV0wzQzdHdjdj/view

HAWAII REPUBLICAN PARTY STATE RULES
 http://gophawaii.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Rules-of-the-Republican-Party-of-Hawaii-As-of-May-22-2016.pdf?mc_cid=72c651969d&mc_eid=91980bb8ad WAII REPUBLICAN PARTY STATE RULES

I ask you now to take control over your own districts.
   This may be the start of turning Hawaii Red, or at least purple. :worship:

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

Re: Hawaii turns Republican !
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »
I'm surprised that there is not a single comment or commitment yet.
No wonder Hawaii so Democrat.
Kind of reminds me our  "2015 get your Hawaii CCW Ap" just to show the AG's numbers were off.
C'mon, let's Make Hawaii Great Again !
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »
I have been PM'd the following after wondering wy nobody cared about this post  so I will attempt to clarify OUR purpose.

Hi Rocky,

Maybe it's a lack of information. Two question that comes to mind:

1. What is being asked?   Is this the Hawaii GOP that is asking for help?  Or is it Rhonda Welsch?   
Is it you who is asking for help? 

It is Rhonda Welsh representing the GOP asking for our help.
I will be getting more info from her but she has already responded to me twice since my post. She really  seems to be a go getter.
Her personal responses to me have been faster than the automated generic messages received from any other politico ever.
      It just seems that if we had more "like minded" folks attending and participating in the GOP, real serious changes CAN be made.

What do they need help with?
    Seeking those interested in attending the meetings, running for or serving as an Officer, Delegate, Committee Rep.
Executive committee officers are mostly near the end of your terms and ready to be REPLACED.
We are not talking a full time job here, just participation.
There are over 50 positions available.
    Imagine a voting for someone in your district that actually has the same ideals as you?
Or better yet, being that Someone !

2. Are you participant in this or are you passing along info?
   I am a participant and have let Rhonda know I am available as a volunteer  for ANY position.
My passing along this info is part of my participation.

Received  Yesterday

Good morning from your District Chair, (RHONDA DISTRICT 41)

I am forwarding this email to help you as new officers, Delegates,and members  of our Republican Party of Hawaii, to understand mutual concerns I and other District Chairs are attempting to address today at the State Committee Meeting in Maui. I will be at Republican Headquarters this afternoon while this meeting is conducted to participate via Tel Con Call, hopefully!
 Please go to Hawaii Republican Party website www.gophawaii.com

Familiarize yourself and search through the "About " tab- there you will find four tabs - all are important, but Please download copy of Rules of the Hawaii Republican Party that apply - I have Hawaii and Honolulu County saved and hard copies for reference purposes.
Read this email, think about the issues being addressed and consider what you think we need to do in light of these concerns. Let me know where you stand and feel free to reply to me, or others addressed in the forwarded letter. HD Chair Brett Kulbis is doing a superb job of identifying immediate issues and requiring accountability by all concerned Party Members.

Rhonda Welsch - District Chair HD 47
386-576-4308

Brett Kulbis District Chair HD-41 Emailed reply  to Chairman AFTER  State Committee Meeting in Maui.
Mr. Chairman,

Wow, where do I begin!!  There are some extremely serious problems and concerns with this meeting packet we’ve all just belatedly received for tomorrow’s meeting.

First, this agenda completely ignores the concerns I’ve gathered from the State Committee; concerns which I presented as a draft agenda in the absence of a properly presented one which should have been sent to us last Friday.  This is not the agenda of a party organization which is trying to fix our problems so we can start winning.  This is a go-through-the-motions agenda.  Even our newest District Chairs can see that.  How can we win elections if we keep blowing off stuff like those I suggested?

Secondly, there is no “New Business” on your agenda?  Yet to my, and probably many others, complete surprise, you’re hitting us with some substantial new business concerning selling the headquarters.  Not only is there no item on the agenda relating to the attachments about an apparently proposed sale of HQ, you’ve deliberately given us zero time to read, comprehend, and properly discuss these materials, or was that your intention.  It would seem to be since you didn’t include the letter mentioned by Carol Thomas regarding OLRW’s lawyer opinion on this proposed action.  How is this any way to do business? 

Third, we are missing the 2016 budget report showing planned vs actual (income and expenses).  It will be hard to examine your proposed 2017 budget for the year which is already three months late if we have no idea how good or bad your projections were for 2016.  The State Committee got blindsided by Oahu League’s current newsletter which reported that an HRP bank account of $100,000 has been depleted.  Your new 2017 budget is so unrealistically rosy and optimistic, that before we could even consider this budget we would need to know what really happened over the past 22 months.

Fourth, why have you sent us 2-year old financial data and confusing FEC report?  If anything, we want more recent data showing our financial condition, sorted by subcategories of income and of expenses.  It feels like someone is trying to pull a fast one, perhaps with some smooth talking.  This is so wrong and unethical!!

Tomorrow’s lightweight, dismissive agenda seems to be putting us on a fast-track to repeating the results of 2016 in 2018.

Most of the people participating in tomorrow’s state committee meeting just got elected, while the executive committee officers are mostly near the end of your terms.  2016 was a disaster and we deserve to know the fullness of what went wrong and how to fix it.  Not waste our time on some red herring that only benefits your agenda, what ever that is.

v/r
Brett Kulbis
District Chair HD-41
State House District 41 Ewa Villages, Ewa Beach, Ewa Gentry, Ocean Pointe, West Loch

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it; the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”   

As you can see, we now have some PO'd newcomers  making waves for real change.
Let's be part of that change !   

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jl808

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »
Looks good Rocky.

I have lost some of my fight on the legislative action side as our testimonies have little to no effect because the politicians just don't listen or care what we have to say.   Hitting my head against a wall is going to yield a similar result.

Working to replacing them by challenging them at the elections would have a much better end result to seeing any change.

Thank you for doing this. I will re-assess and see if and how I am able to help.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:18:33 AM by Jl808 »
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

punaperson

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 12:48:31 PM »
I think it might be difficult for people to get enthused by something that one of the elected members, Brett Kulbis, characterizes by writing (among other criticisms), "It feels like someone is trying to pull a fast one, perhaps with some smooth talking.  This is so wrong and unethical!!". The whole thing smells of the typical Uniparty events we now see going on in Washington, D.C. where both the Democrats AND Republicans are fighting Trump tooth and nail to keep themselves in power, rather that be truly concerned about what would most help all Americans in the long run. It's a sham.

Yeah, click on that link to the gophawaii (if you can get the web page to load). Read their platform. Lots of "soundbite" claims about "liberty" and "smaller government" and "right to life", but no mention of personal liberty regarding possessing and consuming arbitrarily and capriciously government-dictated "illegal substances" (which have less scientific evidence of harm than legal alcoholic beverages), nor of how the "right to life" is consistent with laws illegalizing personal choices at end of life to have one's life terminated in a pain -free manner, nor of getting the government out of interactions between consenting adults who might want to exchange various goods and services, etc. etc. etc. In other words, it's just imposing it's own moral dictates (vs. the shallow claim of "liberty")  versus the moral dictates of the "other side" dictators. Their claims of supporting "liberty" are basically equivalent to the Dems who claim "I support the Second Amendment, but... (as long as a person is allowed to own a single shot .22LR rifle exclusively inside their home, that's good enough)".

And, no, it's not a case of "the perfect is the enemy of the good"... more like "the not quite as bad in some ways". I don't really want to support anyone who wants to deny me any of my liberties and wants to turn me into a criminal for choosing to exercises my rights and preferences where no one else is harmed.

Rocky

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
I think it might be difficult for people to get enthused by something that one of the elected members, Brett Kulbis, characterizes by writing (among other criticisms), "It feels like someone is trying to pull a fast one, perhaps with some smooth talking.  This is so wrong and unethical!!". The whole thing smells of the typical Uniparty events we now see going on in Washington, D.C. where both the Democrats AND Republicans are fighting Trump tooth and nail to keep themselves in power, rather that be truly concerned about what would most help all Americans in the long run. It's a sham.

I'M ENTHUSED JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IN A POSITION OF POWER  IS LETTING THE PUBLIC KNOW WHO'S SCREWING UP AND WANTS TO REPLACE THEM AND EXACTLY WHY YOU SHOULD ACT NOW TO MAKE CHANGES IN THE SYSTEM.

Yeah, click on that link to the gophawaii (if you can get the web page to load). Read their platform. Lots of "soundbite" claims about "liberty" and "smaller government" and "right to life", but no mention of personal liberty regarding possessing and consuming arbitrarily and capriciously government-dictated "illegal substances" (which have less scientific evidence of harm than legal alcoholic beverages), nor of how the "right to life" is consistent with laws illegalizing personal choices at end of life to have one's life terminated in a pain -free manner, nor of getting the government out of interactions between consenting adults who might want to exchange various goods and services, etc. etc. etc. In other words, it's just imposing it's own moral dictates (vs. the shallow claim of "liberty")  versus the moral dictates of the "other side" dictators. Their claims of supporting "liberty" are basically equivalent to the Dems who claim "I support the Second Amendment, but... (as long as a person is allowed to own a single shot .22LR rifle exclusively inside their home, that's good enough)".

AGAIN, EXACTLY WHY YOU SHOULD ACT NOW TO MAKE CHANGES IN THE SYSTEM THAT BRETT AND THE LIKE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
THEIR PLATFORM IS NOT NECESSARILY BRETT'S, YOURS OR MINE.
THE IDEA HERE IS TO CHANGE THINGS

THERE ARE IMPORTANT POSITIONS THAT NEED TO BE FILLED WITHIN ALL OF OUR DISTRICT PRECINCTS AND NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT !

"PUNAPERSON FOR HAWAII PUNA DSTRICT CHAIR"
   :thumbsup:

And, no, it's not a case of "the perfect is the enemy of the good"... more like "the not quite as bad in some ways". I don't really want to support anyone who wants to deny me any of my liberties and wants to turn me into a criminal for choosing to exercises my rights and preferences where no one else is harmed.
IN MY FIRST POST I COPY AND PASTED HER EMAIL. *(SUBJECT LINE Reforming Hawaii's GOP)
PLAIN AS DAY IT SAYS...

Which issue or issues matter the most to you? Is there an issue not listed here- let me know ;-)
•   Jobs, Economic Growth
  Second Amendment Rights
•   Religious Freedom - Freedom of Speech
•   De-funding Planned Parenthood - Right to Life
•   Environment
•   Tax Reform- less not more- the Rail
•   National Security
•   Protecting Medicare and Social Security
•   Conservative Educational Reform- Common Core
•   Veteran Affairs
•   Fixing our Broken Immigration System
•   Repealing Obamacare- Healthcare reform- Food Freedom- GMO's
Etc....
HERE IS A GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION ON ISSUES (NOT JUST THOSE LISTED) WHO MIGHT ACTUALLY LISTEN  !
A GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL ASKING YOU TO NOT JUST VOTE, BUT ACTUALLY BECOME A COG IN THE WHEEL OF CHANGE.

KINDA LIKE GANDHI'S  "NO VOTE, NO GRUMBLE"

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”
[/font][/font]

THESE FOLKS AND I ARE GETTING INVOLVED BECAUSE THE SAME-O SAME-O KEEPS HAPPENING AND WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF IT.
 THESE FOLKS AND I ARE GETTING INVOLVED BECAUSE LIKE YOU,WE
"don't really want to support anyone who wants to deny me US any of my OUR liberties and wants to turn me US into a criminal for choosing to exercises my OUR rights and preferences.

WHAT IF  HAWAII'S LOW VOTER TURN OUT WAS BECAUSE ALL OF THE REPUBLICAN TYPES SIMPLY HAD NO ONE TO VOTE FOR ?
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

FBI

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 05:16:08 PM »
Not to be anal,  but shouldn't this belong in the political area?
That being said, until you can throttle the Chairmen of committees
or at least make them fear for their lives, nothing will change.
Hawaii is so "Deep leftist" only blood shed for liberty can fix it.
I don't think we here are willing to start shooting politicians, after all
that is illegal and nobody here would do or advocate anything illegal.
So just say to the Democrats "Thank you sir, can I have another",
(From Animal house the movie). and be good little citizens.

Rocky

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
Not to be anal,  but shouldn't this belong in the political area?
That being said, until you can throttle the Chairmen of committees
or at least make them fear for their lives, nothing will change.
Hawaii is so "Deep leftist" only blood shed for liberty can fix it.
I don't think we here are willing to start shooting politicians, after all
that is illegal and nobody here would do or advocate anything illegal.
So just say to the Democrats "Thank you sir, can I have another",
(From Animal house the movie). and be good little citizens.

Your not being anal, I posted in General to get the word out knowing that mods would move it.  :shaka:

The idea here is to REPLACE the Chairmen of committees and other offices and positions.  :shaka:
"I don't  think we here are willing to start shooting politicians" either but I am willing to try and personally replace them.  :thumbsup:

And no, I will no longer voluntarily  "Bend Over" and take another " and be good little citizen".
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                                                                                             Ben Franklin
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jl808

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 09:39:42 AM »
The committee chairs are voted in by the members. There's a lot of jockeying for position that happens on who gets to be chair of what committee.

There's a lot of that "be a good little follower and next year you can be a chair of so and so committee" among the legislators also.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Rocky

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 03:42:10 PM »
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Emil Svrcina <emil_svrcina@hotmail.com> wrote:

Aloha fellow Republicans
We are draining the swamp in Hawaii Republican Party one RINO at the time.
Then we will have our party back to fight the real enemy and drain the swamp of the corrupt 62 year old one party monopoly of Democrats in Hawaii.

Do you believe our leadership who thinks this way?:
"We are a thriving and inclusive Party"
"I am extremely proud of how our Party welcomes and fosters voices from every background"

I think: we have dying party Club and our leaders are proud to be unprincipled, lukewarm, and silent in the face of evil.
Lets make the 2017 the new beginning for HRP.

Join the movement: www.hawaiirepublicanaction.com

Vote Brett Kulbis in as Honolulu County Chair on 3/27 and vote (Mormons) - Fritz and Jack - out on 5/13.
Emil Svrcina
District 37 Chair
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »

An oft-quoted remark of Benjamin Franklin, or a number of other people who probably never said it, is that insanity may be defined as “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” 

Heading into November 2017, our Nation will have 31 State Houses with a Republican majority, compared to 2010 when we only had a majority in 16.
The entire country, for the most part, has rejected the radicalism of the previous Administration's leftist policies with a resounding message.
The National Republican Party has been revitalized.

However, Hawaii's Republican Party continues to lose more representatives every election since the year 2000.
The current leaders of our HRP are either lying or delusional.
There is a total " lack of commitment "  to speak to the needs of "Hawaii's national security and economic future" , or to provide an honest explanation for these facts.

Why are Hawaii's conservative citizens disengaged?

Where are our States conservative influencers?

We must identify and promote the power players who can help get candidates elected, put through policy proposals, cause ideological changes, and affect popular perceptions.
 We need politicians, lobbyists, advisors, donors, corporations, industry groups, labor unions, single-issue organizations, NGO's, non-profits, to name a few.    

Where are these people?

We need a strategy for success and we must start by holding those responsible for HRP's failure accountable.
The activity of the influence-rs who are changing the color of America Red must be activated here in Hawaii as well.
   If we fail to do this, Hawaii's Republican, conservative citizens will suffer greatly and the window of opportunity our President has given us will be forever closed.
We cannot allow this on our watch.                             

The family, the Bill of Rights, the institutions that hold our society together are under attack and we must bring truth to this fight.
The time is now, the cause is freedom, the choice is ours...will we stop this insanity? 

Franklin D. Roosevelt

punaperson

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 05:57:22 PM »
The time is now, the cause is freedom, the choice is ours...will we stop this insanity?
That's a rhetorical question, right?

You, and we, all know the answer to that is "no".

Rocky

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »
Quote from: Rocky on March 23, 2017, 03:48:50 PM
That's a rhetorical question, right?

You, and we, all know the answer to that is "no".
Wasn't a rhetorical question, was just wondering if you were with us which you have answered.

BTW, here's who's making your decisions for you to "bend over and ask for another"  in Puna....

1      Chairman   Justin   Scharf       808-319-9471    justinscharf@outlook.com
1-9   President   Alan   Koahou      808-657-8270   amkoa2305@gmail.com
2      Chairman   Sibi   Hoke   808-933-1066   808-989-7714   sibi@hawaii.rr.com
4      Chairman   Marc   Fullmer   808-982-7605      pbm959@gmail.com
 1-5   President   Ron   Vizzone   808-982-7697   808-494-4460    da_viz49@yahoo.com

District map attached.

As you seem to not want to make change,  be "good little citizen" and move along, nothing for you to see here.

For all others  :wave:
 Honolulu County Convention
March 27th, 2017
Time: Registration 5:30, Convene 6:15 PM – 8:30 PM. Credentials closes 6:30 PM.
Contact: Convention Committee Chair Jennifer Anderson, jennifer@gophawaii.com, 808-838-9276
I believe it's $10 @ the door
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

punaperson

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »
Quote from: Rocky on March 23, 2017, 03:48:50 PM
The time is now, the cause is freedom, the choice is ours...will we stop this insanity? Wasn't a rhetorical question, was just wondering if you were with us which you have answered.

BTW, here's who's making your decisions for you to "bend over and ask for another"  in Puna....

1      Chairman   Justin   Scharf       808-319-9471    justinscharf@outlook.com
1-9   President   Alan   Koahou      808-657-8270   amkoa2305@gmail.com
2      Chairman   Sibi   Hoke   808-933-1066   808-989-7714   sibi@hawaii.rr.com
4      Chairman   Marc   Fullmer   808-982-7605      pbm959@gmail.com
 1-5   President   Ron   Vizzone   808-982-7697   808-494-4460    da_viz49@yahoo.com

District map attached.

As you seem to not want to make change,  be "good little citizen" and move along, nothing for you to see here.

For all others  :wave:
 Honolulu County Convention
March 27th, 2017
Time: Registration 5:30, Convene 6:15 PM – 8:30 PM. Credentials closes 6:30 PM.
Contact: Convention Committee Chair Jennifer Anderson, jennifer@gophawaii.com, 808-838-9276
I believe it's $10 @ the door
I wish you well in your endeavors.

No, I'm not a Republican. I can give you a list of Republican party positions on various issues that I strongly (to put it mildly) disagree with (all of which are positions where the Republican party advocates that people, rather than having freedom and liberty to make personal choices that do no harm to others, obey the dictates of government or be deemed criminals and suffer at the capricious whimsy of jack-booted thugs. Just one example: Legally buy and consume all the alcoholic beverages you want, but possess a fraction of an ounce of cannabis (or any other "illegal drug") and go to jail. Hypocrites.). I can also include quotes from a personal email from Ms. Welsch where she herself articulates some of those positions (though she differs from the official party positions on others). I can also provide some quotes both from her own website and websites that she links to regarding what one might call the "overarching ideological basis" for her views, which is fine, unless you happen to be either 1. NOT religious, or 2. religious, but not a member of that particular religion.

Give us an update on what happens at the meeting. I look forward to the insanity ending. When do you expect we'll see exactly what results? :shaka:

Rocky

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 06:51:21 AM »
I wish you well in your endeavors.

No, I'm not a Republican. I can give you a list of Republican party positions on various issues that I strongly (to put it mildly) disagree with (all of which are positions where the Republican party advocates that people, rather than having freedom and liberty to make personal choices that do no harm to others, obey the dictates of government or be deemed criminals and suffer at the capricious whimsy of jack-booted thugs. Just one example: Legally buy and consume all the alcoholic beverages you want, but possess a fraction of an ounce of cannabis (or any other "illegal drug") and go to jail. Hypocrites.). I can also include quotes from a personal email from Ms. Welsch where she herself articulates some of those positions (though she differs from the official party positions on others). I can also provide some quotes both from her own website and websites that she links to regarding what one might call the "overarching ideological basis" for her views, which is fine, unless you happen to be either 1. NOT religious, or 2. religious, but not a member of that particular religion
Give us an update on what happens at the meeting. I look forward to the insanity ending. When do you expect we'll see exactly what results? :shaka:

Dude, your really stuck on that pakalolo thing aren't you ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sleeping:

The committee chairs are voted in by the members. There's a lot of jockeying for position that happens on who gets to be chair of what committee.
There's a lot of that "be a good little follower and next year you can be a chair of so and so committee" among the legislators also.

Monday, we will be voting on who will be the Honolulu County Chair.
     We will not be voting for a follower but a leader, No "Jockying" involved.
By volunteering and participating,  to paraphrase HeMan,  "I HAVE THE POWER"  to help make change
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

punaperson

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 07:29:43 AM »
Dude, your really stuck on that pakalolo thing aren't you ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sleeping:
No. I'm stuck on the "hypocrite thing", or the "liar thing", depending on how you view it. It's "interesting" that you find being a hypocrite/liar to be rolling-on-the-floor funny. Those who claim to advocate for liberty and then actually advocate for taking liberties (and freedom itself) from people, you know, like (most) Republicans re "illegal drugs" while they legally consume their particularly-preferred intoxicant (alcohol). Or re "right to life" except for when someone at end-of-life wants to make their own determination as to exactly how and when they die. Or like when two consenting adults mutually agree to a mutually beneficial arrangement but the Republicans want to put them both in jail (but especially the woman) because the Republicans have some religious-based morality that says people "shouldn't" do that. Etc.

I notice that you were very selective in what you chose to respond to in my post, including the questions I asked. Why not answer those? I mean if you have nothing to hide about your claimed advocacy for "liberty" and "freedom". Please feel free to address any of the above issues, and "When do you expect we'll see exactly what results?"

PS I don't use any psychotropic substances (alcohol, cannabis, coffee, etc.). My interest is liberty and freedom for individuals not being squashed by government, especially a government of hypocrites. Neither do I belong to any religion, yet I support "freedom of religion", though I have a very strong preference that religions refrain from attempting to use government laws to enforce the religion's beliefs.

Rocky

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 08:36:56 AM »
No. I'm stuck on the "hypocrite thing", or the "liar thing", depending on how you view it. It's "interesting" that you find being a hypocrite/liar to be rolling-on-the-floor funny. Those who claim to advocate for liberty and then actually advocate for taking liberties (and freedom itself) from people, you know, like (most) Republicans re "illegal drugs" while they legally consume their particularly-preferred intoxicant (alcohol). Or re "right to life" except for when someone at end-of-life wants to make their own determination as to exactly how and when they die. Or like when two consenting adults mutually agree to a mutually beneficial arrangement but the Republicans want to put them both in jail (but especially the woman) because the Republicans have some religious-based morality that says people "shouldn't" do that. Etc.

I notice that you were very selective in what you chose to respond to in my post, including the questions I asked. Why not answer those? I mean if you have nothing to hide about your claimed advocacy for "liberty" and "freedom". Please feel free to address any of the above issues, and "When do you expect we'll see exactly what results?"

PS I don't use any psychotropic substances (alcohol, cannabis, coffee, etc.). My interest is liberty and freedom for individuals not being squashed by government, especially a government of hypocrites. Neither do I belong to any religion, yet I support "freedom of religion", though I have a very strong preference that religions refrain from attempting to use government laws to enforce the religion's beliefs.

I was just noticing how the pakalolo was referenced heavily in both of your post.
The "rolling-on-the-floor funny was followed by sleeping (aka crash) in reference to the pakalolo, nothing to do with hypocrite/liar.

As for your first post, i really see no questions asked of me and my response was to "GET INVOLVED TO CHANGE THE THINGS YOU DO NOT LIKE ( legalize pakalolo, right to life, 2a etc...).
Mind you, part of the Republican doctrine is to have LESS government control/involvement in your life and the quotes from Brett Kulbis are merely his testament that things need to be changed.
 :shaka:
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

punaperson

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 10:10:55 AM »
I was just noticing how the pakalolo was referenced heavily in both of your post.

It was referenced because it is a clear and unarguable instance of the lie that Republicans support personal freedom and liberty and want "to have LESS government control/involvement in your life". How is making criminals of people who possess or consume something less harmful than the legal drug alcohol (and no Republicans are calling for criminalizing the drug alcohol) an instance of "LESS government control/involvement in your life"? I added a couple of other instances of the lies and hypocrisy in the second post because you don't want to respond to the actual issue of the lies and hypocrisy but only to divert by attempting to make light of one particular instance of the lying and hypocrisy as if that issue is marginal or only of interest to people who differ from you in some way you discount or demean and therefore those people deserve no respect for their freedom or liberty.

The "rolling-on-the-floor funny was followed by sleeping (aka crash) in reference to the pakalolo, nothing to do with hypocrite/liar.

Yeah, I noticed that you don't ever answer the questions about the hypocrisy and lying of your, and Republican, claims about personal liberty and freedom in the instances I mentioned.

As for your first post, i really see no questions asked of me and my response was to "GET INVOLVED TO CHANGE THE THINGS YOU DO NOT LIKE ( legalize pakalolo, right to life, 2a etc...).
Mind you, part of the Republican doctrine is to have LESS government control/involvement in your life and the quotes from Brett Kulbis are merely his testament that things need to be changed.

Okay, here's the one question that I DIRECTLY asked: When do you expect we'll see exactly what results? I'll spell that one out for you: Exactly what is going to happen, and approximately when, in terms of any actual real life practical changes in any legislation coming out of the Hawaii state legislature? Also, specifically exactly what in relation to the three issues I mentioned?

I also asked for a report on the meeting. Here, I'll spell out a few specifics:

1. What policy positions were put forth, with what degree of support, to either 1. make the drug alcohol have the same illegal status of all other "illegal drugs", or 2. make all "illegal drugs" have the same legal status as the drug alcohol?
2. What policy positions were put forth, with what degree of support, to support individuals at end-of-life to have the legal ability to make any choices they wish about terminating their life in the manner and time they might choose?
3. What policy positions were put forth, with what degree of support, to support consenting adults to legally engage in mutually agreed upon arrangements of any sort?

In other words tell us how this new "change" in the Republican party is going to turn 180 degrees from their long held policies that are EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of your claim that "part of the Republican doctrine is to have LESS government control/involvement in your life"? You can do that by providing quotes from the meeting, votes on these issues from the meeting, or any published documents stating the views of the people voted in at the meeting.

Rocky

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 01:07:10 PM »
Again, Republican doctrine is to have LESS government control/involvement in your life.

"It (pakalolo) was referenced because it is a clear and unarguable instance of the lie that Republicans support personal freedom and liberty" and want "to have LESS government control/involvement in your life".  How is making criminals of people who possess or consume something less harmful than the legal drug alcohol.
I don't see ANYONE "calling for criminalizing the drug alcohol" so let's not single them out.
   It wasn't  the Republicans who started ATF now led by Thomas Brandon who was brought in under the Obama administration ?
(If you do a little history, you'll see that Pakalolo was made illegal due to it's affect on alcohol sales.)
Yes, there may be "Lies and Hypocrisy " now, but isn't that what we're trying to change ?
 As for your first post, I see your statements but still see no questions asked of me.
(Questions are sentences usually ending with a question mark (?)

Okay, here's the one question that I DIRECTLY asked: (IN YOUR THIRD POST) When do you expect we'll see exactly what results? I'll spell that one out for you: Exactly what is going to happen,        
Which I did answer
" Monday, we will be voting on who will be the Honolulu County Chair."
A change here in  itself should start the chain reaction of events to bring reforming and rebuilding of the State's GOP Party from the bottom up rolling.
I am relatively new here but am doing VERY much research. Enough to know the Hawaii GOP as is needs to  change for reasons mentioned by Kubris and others.

and approximately when, in terms of any actual real life practical changes in any legislation coming out of the Hawaii state legislature?
Can't answer as I do not make or approve legislation that but know that we will have to have Republican's IN OFFICE to facilitate any change.
also, specifically exactly what in relation to the three issues I mentioned?
I also asked for a report on the meeting
Meeting hasn't occurred yet.

Here, I'll spell out a few specifics:                                      
1. What policy positions were put forth, with what degree of support, to either 1. make the drug alcohol have the same illegal status of all other "illegal drugs", or 2. make all "illegal drugs" have the same legal status as the drug alcohol?
2. What policy positions were put forth, with what degree of support, to support individuals at end-of-life to have the legal ability to make any choices they wish about terminating their life in the manner and time they might choose?
3. What policy positions were put forth, with what degree of support, to support consenting adults to legally engage in mutually agreed upon arrangements of any sort?

This "meeting " is the Honolulu County Convention where the Honolulu County Chair Person will be elected.
(Had you researched the Hawaii Republican Party website www.gophawaii.com link provided, you would have known this and more.)
The topics you mentioned above will not be covered nor discussed at this meeting.
As for your questions, personally...
#1 I know of no "policy positions" ever  put forth on this idea
#2 This I will get back to you on as I believe it may have been previously discussed.
# 3 is so vague, my mind went into a 4th dimension LOL
If you are sincere about making these changes, I suggest you step up.

Mind you at this time, I am not a " legislative politician" nor is anyone in this  group.
We are here to help support Republican Politicians (Like Sam Slom Who we believe was not well represented in the last election), maybe even glean and groom them  from our own ranks.

Will keep  you updated.
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

punaperson

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »
@Rocky: If you don't know what the longstanding Republican Party positions are on those three issues, well, hard to imagine that you are active, or want to be active in the Republican Party. The longstanding Republican Party positions are to DENY personal freedom and liberty. That is, in your terms, the Republican Party wants MORE "government control/involvement in your life". Again, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you claim. And if you think that you are going to make the Republican Party into the Democratic Party or Libertarian Party on any of those issues, guess again.

I wouldn't be surprised that no one brings up those issues at a Republican Party convention to question the candidates who are running for positions to administer Republican policy and tactics, because there is near unanimous agreement on those issues that Republicans want MORE "government control/involvement in people's lives" and anyone who brought up these issues and suggested "change" would be marginalized at best, possibly ostracized, unless there is a large contingent of libertarians there attempting to take over the party and ACTUALLY move to promote policies that really do return liberty and freedom to individuals.

As an aside, it's laughable that you write:  "It wasn't  the Republicans who started ATF now led by Thomas Brandon who was brought in under the Obama administration ?" And I'm not talking about the grammar. Let's look at ALL of your Republican presidents in the past 49 YEARS:

Nixon: Outspoken advocate for banning handgun possession by civilians. Didn't do jack for Second Amendment rights.
Gerald Ford: Didn't do jack for Second Amendment rights.
Reagan: Signed on with the Brady Campaign, and when governor of California banned open carry because "black people" were exercising their rights. Didn't do jack for Second Amendment rights.
G.H.W. Bush: Resigned his membership in the NRA in protest. Didn't do jack for Second Amendment rights.
G.W. Bush: Didn't do jack for Second Amendment rights.

You'd think with those 28 years in the White House they'd have helped us out...