George Floyd - black man dies under custody of Minneapolis police (Read 11600 times)

Jl808

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: George Floyd - black man dies under custody of Minneapolis police
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:57:36 PM »
Looks like it is going to be a long hot summer in the lower 48.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 01:55:57 AM »
Looks like it is going to be a long hot summer in the lower 48.

That's perfect for keeping the flu dormant.   :thumbsup:
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

Jl808

Kuleana

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 07:23:46 AM »
Yet another case by the new "choke first and, if the person is still living, find some BS he was resisting arrest" excuse after.   :wacko:

There is no excuse for fascist police goons to continue executing some jujitsu choke when the suspect has been clearly subdued as well as passers by were literally begging for the cops to spare his life.

Such incidents should never happen, but this seems to be the norm for the police providing internal security for the American empire, where your civil liberties are determined whether the cops feel like upholding it.

Jl808

Kuleana

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 08:18:36 AM »
Store camera video prior to the previous footage

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/security-footage-shows-events-leading-up-to-handcuffing-of-black-man-in-minneapolis/2020/05/26/b93ac60c-cdd4-4bfe-8ea9-601b2cdf030f_video.html

What's amazing are the useful idiots, who blindly assent and try to defend or desperately look for any technicality or deflection, in order to justify such acts of brutality.

Human rights violations at the hands of the fascist police has been going on for years, despite the apologists for the American empire, who love those thugs; hence, the protests and riots we see today across the US should come to no one's surprise.

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 08:23:28 AM »
MN is on fire.

macsak

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 08:31:35 AM »
Yet another case by the new "choke first and, if the person is still living, find some BS he was resisting arrest" excuse after.   :wacko:

There is no excuse for fascist police goons to continue executing some jujitsu choke when the suspect has been clearly subdued as well as passers by were literally begging for the cops to spare his life.

Such incidents should never happen, but this seems to be the norm for the police providing internal security for the American empire, where your civil liberties are determined whether the cops feel like upholding it.

for a "practicing economist", you sure don't have a good grasp of statistics if you believe that incidents like this are "the norm"...

macsak

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 08:33:28 AM »

knee to the back of the neck is a jujitsu move?
rear, more naked choke?

Kuleana

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 08:45:04 AM »
for a "practicing economist", you sure don't have a good grasp of statistics if you believe that incidents like this are "the norm"...

It is the new norm due the frequency of such events happening.

Are you one to condone, approve, or think such acts of brutality is alright and not cause for concern, if they occur just a few times?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:58:16 AM by Kuleana »

Kuleana

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 08:46:35 AM »
knee to the back of the neck is a jujitsu move?
rear, more naked choke?

Why do you try to make a joke of an obvious act of murder by a group of fascist police goons?

Kuleana

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »
MN is on fire.

The results of fascist police goonery gone too far.

macsak

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 10:19:17 AM »
Why do you try to make a joke of an obvious act of murder by a group of fascist police goons?

i'm actually making a joke that you think that the knee to the back of the head is a jujitsu move...

macsak

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »

Are you one to condone, approve, or think such acts of brutality is alright and not cause for concern, if they occur just a few times?

please define "norm" and "frequency" in "kuleana statistics"
because in i doubt you would find any "practicing statistician" that would consider these events to be the norm

groveler

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 10:47:05 AM »

For the most part I don't agree
with you on Hawaii politics,
I've made it clear that I despise cops
as well as the Unions and the political
party that employs them.
However, this is a clear
example of police abuse.
Cops are taught how to put
people into "submission".
once they get to the third level
of enforcement
"Ask, Tell, and then Force".
This death is beyond the pale.

Kuleana

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 11:35:51 AM »
please define "norm" and "frequency" in "kuleana statistics"
because in i doubt you would find any "practicing statistician" that would consider these events to be the norm

I don't need to defend my views to you or anyone.

What it appears to me is that your trivial questioning of the criteria I use to determine "norm" is a feeble attempt to soften and deflect the police brutality / sadistic murder that has taken place on an unarmed and subdued individual, which has led to protests and riots.

By the way, you did not answer my question in my last post to you of whether you condone occasional acts of police brutality?

No need to answer; I kind of know what your response will be.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »
I don't need to defend my views to you or anyone.

What it appears to me is that your trivial questioning of the criteria I use to determine "norm" is a feeble attempt to soften and deflect the police brutality / sadistic murder that has taken place on an unarmed and subdued individual, which has led to protests and riots.

By the way, you did not answer my question in my last post to you of whether you condone occasional acts of police brutality?

No need to answer; I kind of know what your response will be.

You don't feel a need to defend your views, but others must respond to your often leading and accusatory questioning?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:    :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

Kuleana

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 11:47:44 AM »
For the most part I don't agree
with you on Hawaii politics,
I've made it clear that I despise cops
as well as the Unions and the political
party that employs them.
However, this is a clear
example of police abuse.
Cops are taught how to put
people into "submission".
once they get to the third level
of enforcement
"Ask, Tell, and then Force".
This death is beyond the pale.

I know we have legitimate political differences, but I am glad that despite those differences, I am not the only one who sees Cops for what they really are.  There are good Cops, but, as a whole, they are nothing but enforcers of those in-power and will do the bidding of their masters.

In the case of Floyd's sadistic murder by those fascist goons, released video showed those thugs had no remorse and even looked proud of what they were doing in front of the people that pleaded for his life, as Floyd was slowly executed by asphyxiation.

ren

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 11:48:44 AM »
Facts don't care about your feelings.
Of course we don't condone this act. Those officers were justifiably fired and there is a Federal investigation into that event. Like the MSM media you are trying to emotionally appeal for the sake of sewing discord. We don't need that kind of destructive sensationalism. Look at what these foolish rioters are doing to THEIR OWN neighborhood. If you owned any of those businesses would you rebuild? Nope. Then what happens to the community without investments?