33.3%
Forced
4.2%
Total Members Voted

Abortion (Read 22268 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Abortion
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2020, 02:52:01 PM »
No I am trying to get everyone more accepting.  So we can welcome the new liberal gun owners.  There are plenty of new gun owners out there that do not share many of "your" views.  We need to branch out not in.  If we want to secure our rights we have to adapt to the new generations and people. The more popular your rights are the better you keep them.

See?  Arguing still.....

DIVIDER!!
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

ren

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2020, 02:55:43 PM »
No I am trying to get everyone more accepting.  So we can welcome the new liberal gun owners.  There are plenty of new gun owners out there that do not share many of "your" views.  We need to branch out not in.  If we want to secure our rights we have to adapt to the new generations and people. The more popular your rights are the better you keep them.

I know some more liberal folks and I can't tell you the amount of times they are interested but they think the gun community is a bunch of redneck religious hicks who hate women's/lgbt rights etc.

this is a 2a forum and should be reflected as such. Before this I could care less about other issues. You came here in support of Biden and trumpeted how much you hate Trump then you changed your mind to libertarian. That didn't accomplish much no matter how much we told you that Biden would take away your guns.

groveler

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2020, 02:59:42 PM »

I know some more liberal folks and I can't tell you the amount of times they are interested but they think the gun community is a bunch of redneck religious hicks who hate women's/lgbt rights etc.
"I am trying to get everyone more accepting"
I tend to go by the written word that we have all agreed to.
Sorry if I can't find in our laws that WE voted on where
we have a right to kill kids.  Maybe you can point that out to us?
Courts interpret law, they do not make it.
I'm sorry I'm not a very good liberal, but I'm a good
Libertarian.

omnigun

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »
this is a 2a forum and should be reflected as such. Before this I could care less about other issues. You came here in support of Biden and trumpeted how much you hate Trump then you changed your mind to libertarian. That didn't accomplish much no matter how much we told you that Biden would take away your guns.

You guys helped convince me not to vote biden.  Its a two way street.  2a rights are not the only thing that exist in the world or people care about.  To get more people to respect 2a you have to accept their views on other things like climate change and abortion, etc. 

ren

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2020, 03:01:21 PM »
Nah, just him. Pretty much everyone disagrees. 5 guys tell u ur drunk, u better not drive home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

well you can drive home drunk in omnigun's utopia

:stopjack:  as you would say.

But I gotta comment.  Being irresponsible and getting someone pregnant or being pregnant doesn't harm innocent people.  Big difference.

If you could drive drunk and the only one ever to get hurt/die was yourself I would say that it should be legal.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2020, 03:02:51 PM »
You guys helped convince me not to vote biden.  Its a two way street.  2a rights are not the only thing that exist in the world or people care about.  To get more people to respect 2a you have to accept their views on other things like climate change and abortion, etc.

Unless you're registered in another state (i.e. military, recent transplant, etc), then you'll be casting a vote that helps and hurts no candidate on the ballot.

Might as well not waste the paper your ballot was printed on.  You should compost it and use it for fertilizer.

Not that you need any more organic fertilizer.  Seems to be your stock in trade!   :rofl:

omnigun

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »
"I am trying to get everyone more accepting"
I tend to go by the written word that we have all agreed to.
Sorry if I can't find in our laws that WE voted on where
we have a right to kill kids.  Maybe you can point that out to us?
Courts interpret law, they do not make it.
I'm sorry I'm not a very good liberal, but I'm a good
Libertarian.

The 14th Amendment circa 1868.  Created before any of us was born.  I would gladly like a new law spelling out your body your choice.
I'm not a good liberal either.  I like guns, want strong immigration, low taxes, less social programs.

omnigun

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2020, 03:04:44 PM »
Unless you're registered in another state (i.e. military, recent transplant, etc), then you'll be casting a vote that helps and hurts no candidate on the ballot.

Might as well not waste the paper your ballot was printed on.  You should compost it and use it for fertilizer.

Not that you need any more organic fertilizer.  Seems to be your stock in trade!   :rofl:

I know we live Hawaii, so what are you growing a new tree on your ballot then?

omnigun

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2020, 03:06:00 PM »
well you can drive home drunk in omnigun's utopia

If you drive drunk alone on a private road with no people.  Sure, its your life. If you want to end it that's your choice, if you want to play Russian roulette go for it.  As long as you don't hurt anyone else. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2020, 03:06:58 PM »
The 14th Amendment circa 1868.  Created before any of us was born.  I would gladly like a new law spelling out your body your choice.
I'm not a good liberal either.  I like guns, want strong immigration, low taxes, less social programs.

"My body/my choice" used to justify the killing of a child extrapolates into the fact that the mother can kill her child at will.

If her child is a living being, then it's not "her body" alone.  It is also the baby's body she is harming.

Can't escape reality.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
I know we live Hawaii, so what are you growing a new tree on your ballot then?

I'm using it to vote in local races.  The Presidential portion is superfluous.

Not surprised you didn't already know the correct answer to that question. 

But, really.....you should not vote at all.  Your judgement and values leave much to be desired.

macsak

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2020, 03:09:15 PM »

we accept your right to have other views, but we don't need to believe them...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »
If you drive drunk alone on a private road with no people.  Sure, its your life. If you want to end it that's your choice, if you want to play Russian roulette go for it.  As long as you don't hurt anyone else.

Being too drunk to drive may also indicate too drunk to decide.

Laws help protect the weakest in society.  I believe someone who drank too much is vulnerable in many ways. 

The law can help make sure the person doesn't wake up dead the next day.

omnigun

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2020, 04:39:58 PM »
"My body/my choice" used to justify the killing of a child extrapolates into the fact that the mother can kill her child at will.

If her child is a living being, then it's not "her body" alone.  It is also the baby's body she is harming.

Can't escape reality.

Can't force her to carry something she doesnt want feel free to take the cells out of her ovaries and grow it in the lab or implant it in someone willing.  If you want to go in that direction. 

omnigun

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2020, 04:42:32 PM »
Being too drunk to drive may also indicate too drunk to decide.

Laws help protect the weakest in society.  I believe someone who drank too much is vulnerable in many ways. 

The law can help make sure the person doesn't wake up dead the next day.

It was the persons choice to get drunk.  But I agree with you to an extent, but you can't force them to live or make good decisions.

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »
It was the persons choice to get drunk.  But I agree with you to an extent, but you can't force them to live or make good decisions.
What if someone was forced to get drunk like how someone can be forced to get pregnant (rape)? Is abortion ok?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2020, 05:05:10 PM »
Can't force her to carry something she doesnt want feel free to take the cells out of her ovaries and grow it in the lab or implant it in someone willing.  If you want to go in that direction.

We force people to protect their children every single day through child protective services, the legal system, etc. 

How is a mother "being forced" to carry her child to term any different than "forcing her" to provide proper food, clothing, a safe and healthy place to live, medical care as needed, vaccinations, etc, etc,etc.

You can't tell me that the intrusion by government to ensure the wellbeing of a child before birth is any more of a hardship on a parent than ensuring the wellbeing of the child after birth.

After birth, the child may be forcibly taken away from negligent mothers.  Seems much more extreme than simply requiring that the mother give birth and then decide if the child will be put u for adoption.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »

"Force" them to make good decisions?  Are you that stupid?

Someone who enters into a contract with a minor without parental consent can't have that contract enforced.  Why?

Someone who shows up to a police station drunk or high can't be lawfully Mirandized.  Why?

Someone who attends court under the influence can't be allowed to testify against themselves.  Why?

Someone at a party who becomes extremely drunk/high is unable to give consent for sex and is considered a rape victim.  Why?

"Force" them to make good decisions?

That would be funny if not for the seriousness of the implications.

macsak

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
"Force" them to make good decisions?  Are you that stupid?

Someone who enters into a contract with a minor without parental consent can't have that contract enforced.  Why?

Someone who shows up to a police station drunk or high can't be lawfully Mirandized.  Why?

Someone who attends court under the influence can't be allowed to testify against themselves.  Why?

Someone at a party who becomes extremely drunk/high is unable to give consent for sex and is considered a rape victim.  Why?

"Force" them to make good decisions?

That would be funny if not for the seriousness of the implications.

he also wants to force all of us to change our opinions on certain subjects because of young people's feelings...

robtmc

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2020, 06:06:01 PM »
Seriously, why is this little argumentative millennial here, and not on Facef*ck arguing with his peers?
Beginning to suspect mental issues..... :shake:

Or, was this some sort of challenge from the other kids?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 06:12:39 PM by robtmc »