Shops that didn’t Price Gouge during this BS Pandemic! “List!” (Read 8189 times)

toku58

I just wanted to share the Names of the AWESOME LGS’s that Did NOT take advantage of Gun Loving American’s during this BS pandemic.
#1 Security Equipment Corp!
#2 Young Guns

If you know of any more please list them!  These are the shops that we all should support! :thumbsup:

Note: I didn’t list the shops that were Gouging people.  Didn’t want to be “Bad Style” like them! 

aaronc5362

Primesports kept his firearms at the same price. Glocks were anywhere between 500-600 precovid and same when i grabbed a g48 during covid. Think it was 550? Or 525? Depending on what model the price was more or less. Cerakoting was same price as well before and after covid.

He did have consignment ammo that another person was selling on his shelf. He gave everyone warning of the ridiculous price. I know he wasnt bsing cause i was there when the guy dropped it off and told henry at primesports what price he wanted for each type of ammo.

Plus 1 for sechawaii too tho

toku58

Primesports kept his firearms at the same price. Glocks were anywhere between 500-600 precovid and same when i grabbed a g48 during covid. Think it was 550? Or 525? Depending on what model the price was more or less. Cerakoting was same price as well before and after covid.

He did have consignment ammo that another person was selling on his shelf. He gave everyone warning of the ridiculous price. I know he wasnt bsing cause i was there when the guy dropped it off and told henry at primesports what price he wanted for each type of ammo.

Plus 1 for sechawaii too tho

Yeah I wasn’t thrilled when I saw that $50 box of 9mm they were selling.
Consignment is basically the same as selling it themselves. They are making a cut of the profits.
Just supporting that sort of thing is not good business. IMHO.
Funny you mentioned the G48, I got my G48 during Covid for $489 from another LGS. Came with upgraded night sights

aaronc5362

Nice. I couldve gotten it for 455 after tax (blue label) at sec but i was trading somethin with primesports so ehh no biggy. I did buy a g19 gen 5 at sec since i could do 10 guns at registration at hpd. Lol. Also paid 455 and some change.

As for night sights, im picky af (love my trijicon hd's) so i got the regular plastic ones OTD. Yes i had warrens, ameriglos, xs, tru glos and heine but i almost always end up with triji hds even after i buy the others.

And i totally agree with you, toku. I did not pay 50 bucks a box of 9mm (50 rds). And no henry did not get any real profit from it. The guy wanted 50 bucks a box of fed/speer 9mm 115g fmj. I heard it with my own ears. And i was talking with henry and his co worker, people came in and henry told them it was consignment and it was 50 bucks a box. Maybe henry couldve collected on the sales tax, or depending how much he sold he would pay henry after?? That idk.

To defend primesports in june/july/ august he had 20rd boxes of 62g aguila. I picked up 5 boxes at 13.99 each. I think sportsman (i just googled whatever at the time to see a review on them) was like 10.99 a box. I also bought whatever american eagle 9mm 124g/115g fmj at 14.99 a box. I wanna say 3 or 4 boxes. Price was the same for each weight tho. I think thats normal? All this ammo stated in this paragraph was not from the consignment shelf. It was from his direct dealer. If dealers increase price shouldnt shops increase price too?

toku58

Yes! Toward the later part YG prices were going up due to the supplier raising their prices. Hopefully prices will come back to normal soon!

aaronc5362

Yes! Toward the later part YG prices were going up due to the supplier raising their prices. Hopefully prices will come back to normal soon!

I hope so too bro.  :shaka:

omnigun

Yeah Henry at primesports is great.   Most gunshops do consignment, the store can't dictate the prices.   Nor can the store dictate the prices distributors charge or shipping. 

oldfart

I just wanted to share the Names of the AWESOME LGS’s that Did NOT take advantage of Gun Loving American’s during this BS pandemic.
#1 Security Equipment Corp!
#2 Young Guns

If you know of any more please list them!  These are the shops that we all should support! :thumbsup:

Note: I didn’t list the shops that were Gouging people.  Didn’t want to be “Bad Style” like them!
Nice
I always remind my family and friends that Hawaii is a small place.
You do stoopid stuff and it comes back around to bite you in the a--
Sometimes the bite happens with breathtaking speed.
What, Me Worry?

ren

+1 for those shops. I was surprised to see Colts at less than $1k.
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

SEC (as mentioned above) has been a solid shop for many years and through 2 cycles of shortages. Will always shop there.

WGS is another that I picked up reloading supplies at good rates in this latest shortage. At least was decent prices in things I was looking for, as well as a couple of shooting buddies.

Bushido has been solid for ammo. He was selling at his normal prices for as long as he could. Even upped production to facilitate shooting groups in some of the worst parts of the shortage. He’s started selling handguns and other stuff, but don’t know about the pricing.

I certainly remember the shops, both LGS and online vendors who take advantage in times like this. Same for anyone who takes advantage in general.

Jay_P

Re: Shops that didn’t Price Gouge during this BS Pandemic! “List!”
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 05:15:22 PM »
KGS. Daniel’s prices have been normal, if not less than other places. His Ammo is also taken in on consignment like other shops so you can’t blame him for that.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 06:18:08 PM »
A lot of shops are suffering which you would think of as counterintuitive, but not being able to replace their inventory really hammers their bottom line.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 10:15:56 PM »
A lot of shops are suffering which you would think of as counterintuitive, but not being able to replace their inventory really hammers their bottom line.

On top of that, the current market is great for sellers in the secondary market, too. 

Everyone selling guns and/or ammo on this forum is potentially taking a customer away from a LGS who happens to have what the buyer wants.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

jc2721

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 01:02:29 PM »
Some shops listed here gouged prior to the 2016 elections--I remember some lgs were offering/selling M&P 15 Sports for double the retail price during the last panic (NOT SEC).  Maybe they learned their lesson, maybe not--IDK because I generally don't go back to those shops.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 01:53:15 PM »
I am not going to name names, but I recently bought a firearm from a LGS named above as not gouging, but the price was noticeably higher than previous price and well above MSRP to a level that I would call gouging.  its still one of my favorite LGS, people are helpful and friendly and they know me by name, great customer service.  that's why I will not name names. 
I still bought it bc its my choice to pay more, and there wasn't anything else comparable to what I want available anywhere local or online, so I paid more
I had to make a choice: pay more, or wait for something that may never come for a long long time
I feel that in these times, prices will go up and shops need to make money to stay in business.  law of supply and demand.
in the near future there will be more inflation across the board.  gas prices going up. on the mainland gas stations running out of gas.  it's going to get worse with Biden making the dumb dumb decisions he is making, or whoever is making the decisions for him.
back to topic: the best store that I have encountered during the pandemic that does not gouge or gouges the least is SEC

stangzilla

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 02:00:20 PM »
OGC: no gouging and no limit on ammo (whatever ammo they do have)

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 02:04:08 PM »
It's not only LGS that would gouge, check out the classified.  Me and others talk about who is gouging and their reasons.  So someone who lost their job and selling their inventory so they can pay the bills is more ethical than someone who still has their job, but just trying to make extra cash on the side.  Gouging without a good reason does not help the 2a cause.

Then you have the guys who buy from SEC who hasn't gouged on ammo, re-sell them here.  Many are aware of who are doing this.

So like how people will remember LGS who gouge, same with private sellers.

macsak

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »
I am not going to name names, but I recently bought a firearm from a LGS named above as not gouging, but the price was noticeably higher than previous price and well above MSRP to a level that I would call gouging.  its still one of my favorite LGS, people are helpful and friendly and they know me by name, great customer service.  that's why I will not name names. 
I still bought it bc its my choice to pay more, and there wasn't anything else comparable to what I want available anywhere local or online, so I paid more
I had to make a choice: pay more, or wait for something that may never come for a long long time
I feel that in these times, prices will go up and shops need to make money to stay in business.  law of supply and demand.
in the near future there will be more inflation across the board.  gas prices going up. on the mainland gas stations running out of gas.  it's going to get worse with Biden making the dumb dumb decisions he is making, or whoever is making the decisions for him.
back to topic: the best store that I have encountered during the pandemic that does not gouge or gouges the least is SEC

not gonna happen according to economist-at-heart, who says that the FED and central banks will handle it like they claim they will...

ren

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 02:16:13 PM »
It's not only LGS that would gouge, check out the classified.  Me and others talk about who is gouging and their reasons.  So someone who lost their job and selling their inventory so they can pay the bills is more ethical than someone who still has their job, but just trying to make extra cash on the side.  Gouging without a good reason does not help the 2a cause.

Then you have the guys who buy from SEC who hasn't gouged on ammo, re-sell them here.  Many are aware of who are doing this.

So like how people will remember LGS who gouge, same with private sellers.

As a bus ad major I believe in the free market. People have the choice to buy or not and sellers have the freedom to sell at what ever price they want.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 02:33:17 PM »
As a bus ad major I believe in the free market. People have the choice to buy or not and sellers have the freedom to sell at what ever price they want.

I agree as long as the seller is subject to the same market forces as all other sellers in the sector.

Lots of examples where businesses abused their popularity or market share to stifle free market competition.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall