Log of Hawaii armed crimes/events (Read 205958 times)

macsak

Re: Log of Hawaii armed crimes/events
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2021, 05:51:36 AM »
https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/suspect-drives-after-with-rental-car-after-holding-employee-at-gunpoint/

Honolulu Crimestoppers Administrator Sgt. Chris Kim said victims of a robbery should look out for details from a person committing the crime in order to identify them during the investigation.

“As far as your life, it’s not worth getting hurt or seriously injured or even possibly killed or a property crime,” Kim said. “So first and foremost, always give into their demand. If anything, we encourage people to be good witnesses pay attention to their demeanor, what did they look like? How tall they are? What do they weight? Any scars marks or tattoos? Those are always very helpful.”

does OG work for KHON2?

Inspector

« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2021, 05:53:21 AM »
does OG work for KHON2?
Good catch!  :rofl:  I read it and didn’t catch it myself.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #282 on: March 20, 2021, 08:37:23 AM »
https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/suspect-drives-after-with-rental-car-after-holding-employee-at-gunpoint/

Honolulu Crimestoppers Administrator Sgt. Chris Kim said victims of a robbery should look out for details from a person committing the crime in order to identify them during the investigation.

“As far as your life, it’s not worth getting hurt or seriously injured or even possibly killed or a property crime,” Kim said. “So first and foremost, always give into their demand. If anything, we encourage people to be good witnesses pay attention to their demeanor, what did they look like? How tall they are? What do they weight? Any scars marks or tattoos? Those are always very helpful.”

So, offer them a cold beverage and hope for some DNA or prints? 

drck1000

« Reply #283 on: March 20, 2021, 08:38:53 AM »
does OG work for KHON2?

“As far as your life, it’s not worth getting hurt or seriously injured or even possibly killed or a property crime,” Kim said.

KHON and HNN are horrible.  It's like a 14 yo prepares and checks their releases. 

macsak

« Reply #284 on: March 20, 2021, 09:02:17 AM »
KHON and HNN are horrible.  It's like a 14 yo prepares and checks their releases.

i noticed that too, but for some reason, my browser does not display video from khon2.com (must be adblocker or something), so i could not confirm what was said...

QUIETShooter

« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
It's the schools....the schools I tell you.  The curriculum doesn't lay a solid foundation like the old days.

All "flash in the pan" nowadays. 

You know.....everyone gets a medal.  And all that shit.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »

Clever!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

robtmc

« Reply #287 on: March 20, 2021, 09:46:05 AM »
". If anything, we encourage people to be good victims witnesses"

Fixed it.

drck1000

« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2021, 10:18:09 AM »
Clever!

"Iocane!  I'd bet my life on it!"

:rofl:

". If anything, we encourage people to be good victims witnesses"

Fixed it.
Yup.  I'll promise to be a good victim.  I swear. . .

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2021, 01:46:53 PM »

I've always felt it's easier to describe the perp if he's lying inside a white outline.

But, that's me.   :thumbsup: :geekdanc:

Seriously, though, trying to tell someone how to react to a crime before it happens is ridiculous.  Nobody can predict the number of perps, how they are acting (amped, crazy, calm, focused, violent...), how many others are home, how accessible a weapon is to you, what opportunities might present themselves to resist, and so on.

If you think cooperating will save your life, don't count on it.....

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=store+clrerk+shot+killed+after+cooperating+&atb=v231-1&ia=web&iai=r1-1&page=1&sexp=%7B%22cdrexp%22%3A%22b%22%2C%22prodexp%22%3A%22b%22%2C%22prdsdexp%22%3A%22c%22%2C%22biaexp%22%3A%22b%22%2C%22msvrtexp%22%3A%22b%22%7D

Criminals create their own "code" and rules for their encounters.  If you break his rules (of course, you don't know his rules), he feels justified in killing you.

If you spend time memorizing what a perp looks like, and he sees you doing it, he might be more inclined to eliminate you as a witness.  So, don't advise people to do something that might be just as bad for them as resisting -- and with no chance of increasing your chance of surviving.

For the same reason the state should not tell us how many rounds we need in a pistol or rifle, they should also not pretend to tell us what behavior will ensure our survival during a crime.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.  Some, also, want to experience the "thrill" of shooting another human being.  Then there are the gangs that require a murder for initiation.

Yeah.  Never assume you know what the criminals intentions are.  They are a threat, and it's never a given what your behavior will or won't cause them to do. 

My life.  My judgement.  My decision.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:04:22 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

« Reply #290 on: March 20, 2021, 03:40:03 PM »
The order to be a good victim/witness goes along with that old hag that runs HPD warning anyone
planning on defending themselves that she will ruin them putting them through the "system".

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2021, 03:50:31 PM »
The order to be a good victim/witness goes along with that old hag that runs HPD warning anyone
planning on defending themselves that she will ruin them putting them through the "system".

Good thing she's just a Cop.  Only the AG or Grand Jury can indict.
-- Melvin Udall

DocMercy

« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2021, 01:10:23 PM »
Very sad news reported yesterday (last day of August).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-investigate-murder-suicide-assisted-222856601.html

An old couple appears to have died of gunshot wounds, possibly from suicide. The question is how could anyone be allowed to carry gun(s) into an assisted living facility? The husband, who lived nearby, was probably the gun owner, and he was 92 years old.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #293 on: September 01, 2021, 01:39:27 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-investigate-murder-suicide-assisted-222856601.html

An old couple appears to have died of gunshot wounds, possibly from suicide. The question is how could anyone be allowed to carry gun(s) into an assisted living facility? The husband, who lived nearby, was probably the gun owner, and he was 92 years old.

Allow "anyone?"  What about the staff.  Are they not ALLOWED to protect themselves at work?  If they keep their firearms concealed and under their immediate control (holstered), what's the harm?

What happens when someone is determined to bring a gun in?  Do all assisted living homes have armed security 24/7 able to respond in a few seconds?  If not, did they "allow" it?

Where there's a will, there's a way.

The REAL question is, do we as human beings have the duty to stop someone who chooses suicide?  Aren't you taking the right to die on their own terms away from them?  Are you against assisted suicide?  What if the couple used pills instead?  Would you still be upset that they decided to leave this life the same way they lived it -- together?  Or are you just complaining about the means used?

Lots more questions than "Who ALLOWED a gun in the facility?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2021, 02:45:29 PM »

Hope more info comes out.  Might be one of those sad stories where they wanted to end it.  We do have assisted suicide but gotta jump through a bunch of hoops for that.

DocMercy

« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2021, 03:21:17 PM »
https://www.honolulupd.org/information/wanted-persons/

In the HPD web page of suspects wanted for questioning, what do they mean by "Na Maka?" Google translation is "and eyes." Why don't they just run these photos through the DMV data base? FBI seems to catch a lot of suspects using even less information. In China and Russia, facial recognition seems to be very effective.
Female suspect CID 21/1324 looks like a blonde actress. Those of you who are bachelors may have dated her. ID her and get a reward.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 03:26:37 PM by DocMercy »

aaronc5362

« Reply #296 on: September 25, 2021, 05:02:33 PM »
https://www.honolulupd.org/information/wanted-persons/

In the HPD web page of suspects wanted for questioning, what do they mean by "Na Maka?" Google translation is "and eyes." Why don't they just run these photos through the DMV data base? FBI seems to catch a lot of suspects using even less information. In China and Russia, facial recognition seems to be very effective.
Female suspect CID 21/1324 looks like a blonde actress. Those of you who are bachelors may have dated her. ID her and get a reward.

Just for fun.. I looked through that link. Covid is really helping these bad people out. Its not unusual to see someone in broad daylight or dead of night wearing a mask thats covering half their face anymore. 1 problem is that facial recognition is based on more than just eyes. Iirc Takes measurements from known distances.. Eyes to ears/ slopes of eyes/ cheek bone/ facial structure/ distance from lips to nose/ lips width etc. With a mask over half those things are gone. Then you got plastic surgery. Sometimes no one looks like their I.d.. Lol

Didnt know a link like that existed. Fun read though!

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #297 on: September 25, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »
Just for fun.. I looked through that link. Covid is really helping these bad people out. Its not unusual to see someone in broad daylight or dead of night wearing a mask thats covering half their face anymore. 1 problem is that facial recognition is based on more than just eyes. Iirc Takes measurements from known distances.. Eyes to ears/ slopes of eyes/ cheek bone/ facial structure/ distance from lips to nose/ lips width etc. With a mask over half those things are gone. Then you got plastic surgery. Sometimes no one looks like their I.d.. Lol

Didnt know a link like that existed. Fun read though!

Before fingerprinting, law enforcement used to take measurements of facial features and record them on arrest records:  distances between and sizes of features, etc.  Then one day, a Black man was mistaken for another Black man whose measurements were identical to each other.  It was theorized that no matter how closely two people resembled one another, there would have to be a variation in size and relative position of both ears, both eyes, the nose, etc.  The fallibility of that system created the need for another identification method with less of a chance of false positives.

I find it interesting that we are now combining fingerprints with facial recognition.  While the facial identification process is still flawed, it can identify and locate a suspect who may then be verified or eliminated as a suspect through fingerprints, DNA, etc.

I agree with the mask assessment.  It's got to be harder to watch people walking to/from the airport trying to spot fugitives using just a composite sketch or mugshot.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:58:23 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

DocMercy

« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2021, 09:52:04 AM »

I tink I saw the quasi Meg Ryan lookalike (CID 21/1324) at 7:18 AM this morning at the intersection of Dillingham Blvd and N. King Street. She was wearing black pants. Easy enough for HPD to check their cameras in the area, as well as cellphone records. The lady was talking on her cellphone. Could be a burner, maybe not. Book 'em, Danno.

DocMercy

« Reply #299 on: November 09, 2021, 07:53:41 AM »
Breaking news. Man's body found near Ala Wai Canal.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/11/09/authorities-investigating-after-mans-body-found-ala-wai-canal/

This is not the news we need as more tourists are returning to visit the state. Governor Ige should consider starting a crime task force under the code name, Hawaii Rangers. Seems like we need a group of law enforcement officers as tenacious as the Texas Rangers. At this stage we do not know if the death is due to a suicide attempt, contract killing, or body dump from a car accident. More surveillance cameras should be placed around the city.