Anyone know when Koko Head Shooting Complex is going to reopen? (Read 43289 times)

19pontiac79

Re: Anyone know when Koko Head Shooting Complex is going to reopen?
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2020, 01:35:15 PM »
Anyone know if dueling is considered a one on one sport?

I wonder with those states that have the "mutual combat" law deal with it if firearms are involved.
"if can. Can. If no can. No can" - Uncles 😆
"Why? The ring no block the hole." - Uncle's 😘
"You can throw a rock any distance and you will hit a double standard. = LIFE" 🤷🏽‍♂️

Bota-CS1

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2020, 01:38:31 PM »
Anyone know if dueling is considered a one on one sport?

🤔 not sure if it’s one on one “sport”, but I’m sure if someone dies it’ll be manslaughter.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

drck1000

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM »
Trial by combat! 

GlockNewb

"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Jmoto808

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2020, 03:46:16 PM »
Does anyone have a measurement from bench to bench at center point is? If its ~6ft. then the range officers shuld be able to open up based off of the restrictions in place.

Rocky

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2020, 03:55:51 PM »

Wisconsinites love to indulge in social drinking and are very sociable people. 

FIFY
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

mrgaf

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2020, 05:12:59 PM »
The order specifically says that all parks are open on a limited basis except KHSC.

Where does it say that specifically?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

zippz

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2020, 05:31:08 PM »
Does anyone have a measurement from bench to bench at center point is? If its ~6ft. then the range officers shuld be able to open up based off of the restrictions in place.

Judging from photos, the benches appear to be 32 inches wide, so centerpiont is 16".

However you'd start from the edge of the bench, plus at least one side lane for those that shoot standing or prone.  So likely you'd have one or two empty benches between each occupied one.

The range could be rearranged for efficiency by moving benches around and designating additional lanes for stand/prone only.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

mrgaf

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2020, 06:02:28 PM »
Has our dip shitz mayor ever give a reason why he refuses to open KHSC? drove by there this morning, stopped by the gate and HPD pukes were shooting up a storm...WTF! But it’s ok to open up restaurants! Gawd I really despise those dooshbags! :grrr:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Bota-CS1

« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2020, 06:05:51 PM »
Where does it say that specifically?

Page 4 - Order 6 of the order.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

stangzilla

« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2020, 06:06:41 PM »
Has our dip shitz mayor ever give a reason why he refuses to open KHSC? drove by there this morning, stopped by the gate and HPD pukes were shooting up a storm...WTF? Gawd I really despise those dooshbags! :grrr:

:grrr:   :grrr:   :grrr:

ren

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
Has our dip shitz mayor ever give a reason why he refuses to open KHSC? drove by there this morning, stopped by the gate and HPD pukes were shooting up a storm...WTF! But it’s ok to open up restaurants! Gawd I really despise those dooshbags! :grrr:

we are non essential citizens

but if you are a criminal you are OK :thumbsup:

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/05/14/more-than-dozen-defendants-rearrested-after-release-jails-amidst-covid-fears/

I guess its like fly fishing for police :geekdanc:
Deeds Not Words

stangzilla

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
Center point to center point bench to bench might be > 6'
But could go every other bench. Guarantee that's > 6' . At least rifle side
Use police tape to restrict areas. Provide sanitation spray or wipes. I have my own spray and towels if needed. Mask.
Kokohead is the best regulated park. Makes no sense to not reopen it
Can't reason with stupid

mrgaf

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2020, 06:17:03 PM »
Page 4 - Order 6 of the order.

Got a link? Thanks

ren

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »

I don't know why they would use the park as they have their own range at the academy.
Deeds Not Words

Duenas0326

Bota-CS1

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2020, 06:46:21 PM »
Got a link? Thanks

NP Mrgaf

https://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/may/may_docs/Emergency-Order-No.-2020-11.pdf

Order 6: Limited Opening of City Parks
All City and County of Honolulu parks (except Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve and Koko Head Shooting Complex) and botanical gardens ("City Parks"), are to be opened on a limited basis, as set forth below:
A.
City Parks shall be open to individual members of the public for the limited purpose of
1. engaging in outdoor individual exercise activities of walking, running/jogging, and biking on roads and pathways (as permitted by law and park rules);
2. using open comfort stations/showers;
3. accessing designated community garden plots;

zippz

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2020, 06:57:16 PM »
I don't know why they would use the park as they have their own range at the academy.

The academy is for recruits and renewing quals.  KHSC is used for practice   the indoor range is lead free only which costs too much.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

mrgaf

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2020, 08:08:38 PM »
NP Mrgaf

https://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/may/may_docs/Emergency-Order-No.-2020-11.pdf

Order 6: Limited Opening of City Parks
All City and County of Honolulu parks (except Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve and Koko Head Shooting Complex) and botanical gardens ("City Parks"), are to be opened on a limited basis, as set forth below:
A.
City Parks shall be open to individual members of the public for the limited purpose of
1. engaging in outdoor individual exercise activities of walking, running/jogging, and biking on roads and pathways (as permitted by law and park rules);
2. using open comfort stations/showers;
3. accessing designated community garden plots;

Thank bro! Got it...don’t like it but got it.... going to my friends property in the hills tomorrow to exercise my 2a rights....

2aAcc

« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2020, 03:00:53 AM »
The range chickens are infected with the COVID. Until they socially distant and wear masks we can not.

Deaf chickens.