10-15-16 class (Read 3175 times)

Ryno

10-15-16 class
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:41:08 PM »
Ladies of HDF, How many Ladies are going to this class & what are you shooting? The reason I'm asking is bc it'll be my wifes first class & wanted caliber and system preferences suggestions from a Womans point of view.  :shaka:

MauiLeatherwork

Re: 10-15-16 class
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »
Aloha from Maui,
I realize I didn't reply in time for your class date. But it's a great question to open a discussion on ladies' preferences.  We have a www.thewellarmedwoman.com chapter on Maui thanks to the sponsorship of Central Maui Guns & Ammo.

The second Sunday of every month 3-6 pm is for our ladies only group. Last Sunday we had 14 members present.  The diversity in age, height, body type, and firearm preference ran the entire spectrum.

You will see members with no firearms yet.  Newbies who have taken the NRA safety course but are gaining more info/experience before their first purchase.  You have law enforcement, military, blue collar and white collar.

For accuracy & cometitions the 22LR seems to be a favored caliber.  But ladies have AR15, shotguns, hunting rifles, revolvers, semi-autos, and even derringers.  Calibers you'll see & hear include 22LR, 22MAG, 9MM, .380, .38 special, .40, and .45

All I can say is that in a safe, patient, and encouraging atmosphere, you can go with an open mind. Lots to learn and try. The learning and purchasing never stops.  I hope to see the other islands form their own chapters of TWAW.