Are you making preparations for the 2020 election aftermath? (Read 22791 times)

Inspector

Re: Are you making preparations for the 2020 election aftermath?
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »
I’m mainly just stocking up on 22lr since my stockpile did not take into account my family getting into shooting

I’m learning how to reload.  I should have more than enough reloading components for 9mm and 223 to last 5 years for my range needs.

Have more toys and mags than I need. 

I thought trump was going to be ousted - and I vote republican - so I’ve been accumulating firearm/ammo stuff for a while.  BLM and covid did throw me a curve as I was planning to buy a lot of 22 in the first half of 2020.  They caused shortages earlier than I expected.  The family taking up shooting only made it worse.  Oh well, the family taking up shooting is a “nice“ problem to deal with.

Inspector - after covid, I think everyone picks up extra tp.  Better to have and not need.   We have like 2-3 months supply.  But honestly, a handheld shower head works in a pinch.
I hear ya on the 22LR. Since I moved to the mainland right in the middle of this panic buying I have had a hard time replacing what I had. I had to get rid of all my loaded ammo since the moving company would not allow it in my container. We were supposed to move mid March so I figured I would stock up once I arrived in AZ. But my wife ended up in the hospital right before we moved. We didn’t end up actually moving until the first of April. Being alone in my empty house for two weeks I decided to see what the price of 22LR was and found it was pretty much gone. So I found the last 2,500 rounds of Blazer at one online outlet, 2,500 rounds of CCI SV at another and 800 rounds of CCI SV at another. I bought it all up and had them delivered to my nephew’s home in the Phoenix area. I kept checking all my usual outlets and have not seen it come back into stock unless I am willing to pay over 20 cents a round and up to 27 cents a round. Any way I figured that would have to last me until this is over. But then I started reading that there is no primer shortage and no ammo shortage in Europe. After realizing that the CMP sold Eley ammo (Made in England) I went out to their website and they have plenty. So I ordered another 5,000 rounds not knowing how well it would shoot in my guns. So far it has been pretty good. I have probably shot up around 2,000 rounds of it already. I think I should order another case.

I get on Ammo Seek everyday looking for my 3 favorites and I either can’t find any or it is way too expensive. In the meantime, my nephew in Phoenix got caught not understanding that he would not be able to get 9mm, 5.56 and 22LR due to the panic. So I have been making him ammo so he always has something to practice with. And I told him I would bring him some of my 22LR next time I see him. Gotta help family when in need.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

groveler

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2020, 03:07:55 PM »
I hear ya on the 22LR. Since I moved to the mainland right in the middle of this panic buying I have had a hard time replacing what I had. I had to get rid of all my loaded ammo since the moving company would not allow it in my container. We were supposed to move mid March so I figured I would stock up once I arrived in AZ. But my wife ended up in the hospital right before we moved. We didn’t end up actually moving until the first of April. Being alone in my empty house for two weeks I decided to see what the price of 22LR was and found it was pretty much gone. So I found the last 2,500 rounds of Blazer at one online outlet, 2,500 rounds of CCI SV at another and 800 rounds of CCI SV at another. I bought it all up and had them delivered to my nephew’s home in the Phoenix area. I kept checking all my usual outlets and have not seen it come back into stock unless I am willing to pay over 20 cents a round and up to 27 cents a round. Any way I figured that would have to last me until this is over. But then I started reading that there is no primer shortage and no ammo shortage in Europe. After realizing that the CMP sold Eley ammo (Made in England) I went out to their website and they have plenty. So I ordered another 5,000 rounds not knowing how well it would shoot in my guns. So far it has been pretty good. I have probably shot up around 2,000 rounds of it already. I think I should order another case.

I get on Ammo Seek everyday looking for my 3 favorites and I either can’t find any or it is way too expensive. In the meantime, my nephew in Phoenix got caught not understanding that he would not be able to get 9mm, 5.56 and 22LR due to the panic. So I have been making him ammo so he always has something to practice with. And I told him I would bring him some of my 22LR next time I see him. Gotta help family when in need.
"I had to get rid of all my loaded ammo since the moving company would not allow it in my container"
I walk the line.
This is info to be legal.
When you move you are allowed to have "Packed By Owner".
to be included.
Contents don't have to be declared and they aren't insured.
You are responsible if something goes wrong and you
get fingered.
I know most guys here are angels, but the one lesson I learned in life
is NEVER volunteer information, when it can hurt you.
Never lie!  But never volunteer information.
Every year I get asked by the VA do you drink?
My answer now is "I due to Red flag laws I cannot confirm or deny
any consumption".  That keeps them happy( plus clean blood tests).

RSN172

« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »
Toilet seat bidets are cheap and work great.  A roll of TP will last me 6 months now.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »
Toilet seat bidets are cheap and work great.  A roll of TP will last me 6 months now.

I bought a case of Charmin and put it in my bedroom closet.  The rest is in a "common" storage space for the daughter and her family living upstairs.

If that runs out, they replenish it.  Mine should last a year at least ... unless they get creative and start taking the roll in my bathroom!   :wtf:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »
Need to look for more .308 ammo.  Not directly a preparation for the 2020 election "aftermath", but continuation of shooting interests. . . or in this case, renewed interest. 

drck1000

« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2020, 09:12:00 PM »

passivekinetic

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

groveler

« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »

The guy organizing this strike is from my old stomping grounds WA state.
It is the Thanks giving weekend so many will be off the road already, he
is just hoping to get half the ones that are still working to stand down for 4 days.
I think he would have more luck just saying how dangerous the large inner cities are
and getting truckers to stop delivering to those places.
 :shake:

drck1000

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
The guy organizing this strike is from my old stomping grounds WA state.
It is the Thanks giving weekend so many will be off the road already, he
is just hoping to get half the ones that are still working to stand down for 4 days.
I think he would have more luck just saying how dangerous the large inner cities are
and getting truckers to stop delivering to those places.
 :shake:
Much of OR and Western WA started a 2 week lockdown.  Or at least folks that I know in those areas were reporting.  Haven't looked up all the details, but seems like certain areas like Redmond, WA the lockdown is being "suggested". 

changemyoil66

« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »
Much of OR and Western WA started a 2 week lockdown.  Or at least folks that I know in those areas were reporting.  Haven't looked up all the details, but seems like certain areas like Redmond, WA the lockdown is being "suggested".

Correct, Mrs. CMO was in Portland and WA last week and they were prepping for the lockdown.  WA has no indoor restaurant seating, gyms closed,movies closed. Outdoor gatherings limited to 5. At least you can smoke crack now and not get arrested.  But you still can't use plastic straws.

groveler

« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2020, 08:50:08 AM »
As a follow-up to when I started this thread.
It looks like Biden may have stolen the election.
I found a 75 foot steel schooner for sale.
I'm working with a partner to purchase, repair,
and modify it for Cargo work.
If you haven't started to prepare for confiscation
and shortages in everything, better get in gear.

drck1000

« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »

groveler

« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2020, 03:49:49 PM »

I've always held to at least 1,000 rounds per gun.
Even my air rifles.

drck1000

« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »
I've always held to at least 1,000 rounds per gun.
Even my air rifles.
That's it?  Rookie. . .

groveler

« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2020, 06:25:38 PM »
That's it?  Rookie. . .
Public forum.
I was a member of WAC,
you being a Seattle guy knows what that was.
ammo was sold by the pallet.

drck1000

« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2020, 06:37:09 PM »
Public forum.
I was a member of WAC,
you being a Seattle guy knows what that was.
ammo was sold by the pallet.
Hypothetially, of course. . .  ;)

I wasn't that into guns when I lived in Seattle.  I do wish I shot more when I lived there.  Lots of places to get out and shoot in the mountains.  A buddy has a really nice "range" in the Mt. Rainer area.  Targets at 200-1200 yards.