Renewing Permit to Aquire (Read 11624 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Renewing Permit to Aquire
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2021, 01:29:31 PM »
I found this one, but I can't find the other one.  Search function sucks on this forum.
It was mentioned in the "How's the line at HPD" thread that there is also "stand by". No appointment, just wait and if no one is at the window, it's your turn. I was there this past Friday, late morning with an online registration appointment I got months earlier. There's no covid screening, went in, got check off the list and went to the window to register. While I was waiting for the registration to be typed, the officer manning the front door confirmed that if you just wanted to wait, you could "stand by" with no appointment. It was empty at the time and he said if someone came right now, without an appointment, they could go straight in since the window was open.

If I'm not mistaken, permits and registrations are performed at different locations -- permits in the new area to the left as you walk up, and registrations in the original firearms section vestibule past the records section.

Nothing in that post you quoted says anything about PTA, only registrations.  The officer he was speaking to was in the records/registration room.  Any comments about walk-ins would have been in the context of registrations.

Next time you tell someone "you have a search button," remember what you said about that feature.  This was not the first time you tried to used that line to avoid doing your own work.

Still waiting tor "several people" to be defined as "you posting about one person posting about talking to an officer manning the door."

#GoalPost===============>[AboutToMove]

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, permits and registrations are performed at different locations -- permits in the new area to the left as you walk up, and registrations in the original firearms section vestibule past the records section.

Nothing in that post you quoted says anything about PTA, only registrations.  The officer he was speaking to was in the records/registration room.  Any comments about walk-ins would have been in the context of registrations.

Next time you tell someone "you have a search button," remember what you said about that feature.  This was not the first time you tried to used that line to avoid doing your own work.

Still waiting tor "several people" to be defined as "you posting about one person posting about talking to an officer manning the door."

he/she/it likes to claim that posting one study/article = "many"
so this is probably similar...

omnigun

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2021, 07:09:32 PM »

Perhaps I was mistaken.  I'll go down to hpd one day and ask or call them.   Planning to get another pistol. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2021, 11:14:06 AM »
Perhaps I was mistaken.  I'll go down to hpd one day and ask or call them.   Planning to get another pistol.

Perhaps?

Perhaps next time, you should verify your facts before telling other people they can do walk-ins for permits based on a post that was all about registration.

Better yet, since we know you have no self control to stop yourself from posting every thought -- good, bad, right, wrong, etc. -- just add a disclaimer that you have not verified the information in your comment, and that anyone choosing to follow it should do their own research before taking it as fact.  You should probably just add that to your signature for convenience.

#FakeNews
#MyBad
#WorldRevolvesAroundMe
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2021, 11:23:24 AM »
another thread needlessly long due to 1 person lack of understanding how things work.

I'm sure this will come out later that he apologized for being mistaken. But then  leave out the "perhaps". So not a real admission.

HIFICO is following up on their settlement and the AG said they plan on doing changes in October.  Court date for other part of their lawsuit later this month.

changemyoil66

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2021, 11:25:19 AM »

It's to the point where anything he post, I'm gonna assume that he is wrong.  Credibility was lost many post ago.

omnigun

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »
It's to the point where anything he post, I'm gonna assume that he is wrong.  Credibility was lost many post ago.

With that assumptions I'd  say likewise.  I say many posts here are fake news or conspiracies. 

I'll call next week to confirm.  Next time I'll just do that.   

ren

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2021, 02:16:35 PM »
With that assumptions I'd  say likewise.  I say many posts here are fake news or conspiracies. 

I'll call next week to confirm.  Next time I'll just do that.

Maybe you should make this a normal practice.

Instead of posting other people's unverified BS and your opinions, beliefs and feelings, start verifying what you post BEFORE you post it.

It's getting to be very time consuming responding with the real facts only to then have you argue nonstop about how you weren't technically wrong.

You should spend at least as much time verifying your posts as you spend mistyping them.
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2021, 02:28:33 PM »
Maybe you should make this a normal practice.

Instead of posting other people's unverified BS and your opinions, beliefs and feelings, start verifying what you post BEFORE you post it.

It's getting to be very time consuming responding with the real facts only to then have you argue nonstop about how you weren't technically wrong.

You should spend at least as much time verifying your posts as you spend mistyping them.

and don't forget he constantly posts that people are posting "fake news" without refuting their claims
or says that he posted "many" studies and graphs when he only posted one...

aletheuo137

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2021, 07:52:00 AM »

Goal post has been moved so far that I can't even get a radar fix on it!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2021, 08:16:42 AM »
another thread needlessly long due to 1 person lack of understanding how things work.

I'm sure this will come out later that he apologized for being mistaken. But then  leave out the "perhaps". So not a real admission.

HIFICO is following up on their settlement and the AG said they plan on doing changes in October.  Court date for other part of their lawsuit later this month.
That was my point a page back. It’s one thing to comment based on “what they heard” or thoughts and feelings in threads on politics and stuff. But threads like this and on firearms is best benefitted by folks sharing experiences and vetted info. Then of course it devolves into the bickering…

Anyways, I’ll be picking up my PTA end of next week. I’ll ask them some questions about walk-ins and other stuff then. I can also ask a friend who works in records and can see if he can get info. I’ll actually be having beers with him later next week.

One thing that could help is that they have the hard copy forms out on the tables. If you’re going in good a PTA, helps to have the forms ahead of time to fill out. The forms been out there for a while. But it used to be that they didn’t hand them out until you were applying. Not really new info, but maybe can help someone doing for the first time or those with only limited time to spend, say quick break from work.

drck1000

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2021, 08:18:10 AM »
and don't forget he constantly posts that people are posting "fake news" without refuting their claims
or says that he posted "many" studies and graphs when he only posted one...
Or people posting “heads” or “focus”…

But at least you’re generally helpful, sometimes…

:rofl:

6716J

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2021, 07:55:43 AM »
To whom it may concern.... or resemble

We've set the bar so low it's now a tripping hazard in Hell. But here you are, doing the limbo with the Devil
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

RSN172

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2021, 07:15:29 AM »
After 7 years without a long gun permit, I decided to get one. On the BI, you call to make an appointment.  First call, line busy. 2nd try 1 min later I get an answer and woman fills out form for me over the phone. I get an appointment to come in the following week.

aletheuo137

« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2021, 08:21:02 AM »
To whom it may concern.... or resemble

We've set the bar so low it's now a tripping hazard in Hell. But here you are, doing the limbo with the Devil
The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil (Official Video) [4K]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2021, 09:06:45 AM »
Which reminds me, I have to pick up my PTA tomorrow. . .  :geekdanc:

drck1000

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2021, 09:42:00 AM »
Which reminds me, I have to pick up my PTA tomorrow. . .  :geekdanc:
Tmrw now Fed holiday. Wonder if C&C gonna be off.