Recommendations 3x magnifier for a red dot (Read 821 times)

CM

Recommendations 3x magnifier for a red dot
« on: March 26, 2021, 10:27:29 AM »
I currently have a holosun red dot and looking to buy a 3x magnifier. Can you guys recommend one? I’m looking at the holosun hm3x or
the vortex vmx.
Thanks in advance

mangosteenqueen

Re: Recommendations 3x magnifier for a red dot
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 12:14:24 PM »
Vortex micro 3x is what I replaced my primary arms gen 4 with. Definitely a significant improvement with clarity, weight, and size.

The downside is that the eye box is tighter but the eye relief is decently long and generous for me at least, and of course it costs like 2-3 times the price of the primary arms gen 4

sa594

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 08:04:31 PM »
Been running an EO Tech magnifier for a little over 10 years now and have tried it with multiple red dots. On some it didn't co witness perfectly but it wasn't a big deal for me since I was still able to clearly see everything that was illuminated within the optic (center red dot, outer rings etc)

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 08:08:58 PM »
I have the AimPoint 3X magnifier.  It's so damn heavy!  Not sure if that's normal for other such optics.  The 3x and AimPoint PRO combined really add a bit of weight to the rifle.  I'm very happy with the optics.  I just think they could be made out of something other than Kryptonite! 
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall