Semiauto sentencing enhancements for HPD! (Read 2837 times)

hvybarrels

Semiauto sentencing enhancements for HPD!
« on: June 16, 2021, 11:01:53 AM »
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20891805/steve-alm-press-release-re-iremamber-sykap-shooting.pdf

Steve Alm is throwing in sentencing enhancements because the officers who shot Sykap were using department issued semi auto weapons. That means 20 year mandatory minimums.

Wake up HPD!

You guys are just cannon fodder for the elites, and will be thrown under the bus whenever it is convenient for them. The bills you supported that you thought they were only mean to disarm civilians are now being used against you as well.

The 2A community could be a wonderful ally at times like this if only you would stop trying to ratf@#k us every legislative session.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

ren

Re: Semiauto sentencing enhancements for HPD!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 11:32:05 AM »
Remember when HPD did not stop this driver.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/01/28/year-later-hawaii-remembers-killed-kakaako-pedestrian-crash/

Exactly one year ago, a pickup truck plowed into a group of pedestrians in Kakaako, killing three people and marking one of Hawaii’s deadliest pedestrian crashes in more than a decade.

Once again, Hawaii shows that they are on the side of criminals and not on the side of law-abiding citizens. Earlier in the day, this crew terrorized an elderly couple in their own home.
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 11:38:33 AM »
Instead of going after the ROOT CAUSE OF CRIME - CRIMINALS we are cannibalizing ourselves.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/11/08/police-surveillance-videos-show-moments-surrounding-deadly-kakaako-crash/

The attorney for two survivors and one of those killed said the videos also show that police were involved in an improper pursuit leading up to the crash.
The driver of the pickup truck, Alins Sumang, is charged with manslaughter. Police say he was drunk at the time of the crash. They found a half-empty bottle of vodka in his truck. He’s set to go to trial in February.

WE need to wake up. Stop putting these idiots in charge.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/06/blangiardi-police-commission-nominee-backs-out-after-backlash-to-discrimination-comments/

Commission Chair Shannon Alivado said on Friday morning on the Honolulu Star-Advertiser’s “Spotlight” program that Ignas’s comments were “somewhat alarming and concerning.” She said there is “no doubt” that racism exists in Hawaii.

“The conversation about racism in Honolulu is important because without recognizing our past we can’t move forward and address these shortcomings that our community does face,” she said.
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 11:58:41 AM »
The grand jury opted not to indict the officers.
I agree with the grand jury because the perps committed an ARMED robbery.
If they were allowed to escape, it might lead to a tertiary crime scene with guns or worse.
At first glance it looks like a cruel unnecessary shooting, until you think about just a little bit more.
The cops needed to end the chase  to prevent another crime scene.

That's just my opinion.
What, Me Worry?

6716J

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 02:40:57 PM »
These cops will be the poster children for the elimination of common firearms. If the police can't be trusted with them, why should the "public"?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

omnigun

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 08:27:11 PM »
I was utterly shocked at what the prosecutors decided to do. Not only ignore the grand jury but make a mockery of justice.  I believe in the courts and we will get justice. 

RSN172

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 06:38:16 AM »
The grand jury opted not to indict the officers.
I agree with the grand jury because the perps committed an ARMED robbery.
If they were allowed to escape, it might lead to a tertiary crime scene with guns or worse.
At first glance it looks like a cruel unnecessary shooting, until you think about just a little bit more.
The cops needed to end the chase  to prevent another crime scene.

That's just my opinion.
The chase was already ended. The car crashed. I have no opinion one way or the other except that if I wanted a LE career, I would go to college,  get an accounting degree and apply for the FBI. I would not want to be a police officer.

ren

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 08:04:49 AM »
The chase was already ended. The car crashed. I have no opinion one way or the other except that if I wanted a LE career, I would go to college,  get an accounting degree and apply for the FBI. I would not want to be a police officer.

I think that's where we are headed. We see the dismantling of local law enforcement but the increased federalization of LE.
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 08:40:59 AM »
So Kau had a zoom with SSH and mentioned the following:

Due to back log of cases, ETA for trial would be about 3-4 years

Cops will be assigned desk duty till then, but after 2 years automatic termination

She's received hundreds of calls from officers complaining

Grand Jury declined to charge (usually has a 90% conviction rate)

Here's what my $0.02

Shoppo supported Alm and they're upset.  But at least the cops legal bills would be mostly covered. 

What chance does a law abiding citizen have if they use a firearm for self defense

Alms and the deeper plan do let criminals run wild

RSN172

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 09:09:38 AM »

Shoppo supported Alm and they're upset.  But at least the cops legal bills would be mostly covered. 

What chance does a law abiding citizen have if they use a firearm for self defense

Alms and the deeper plan do let criminals run wild

That is why any gun owner, in fact anybody who intends to fight for their life and not pacifily allow someone to take it, NEEDS to have SD  insurance.   At a dollar a day, I consider my USCCA insurance cheap.

aieahound

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 11:20:57 AM »
Back to revolvers for HPD ?

Jl808

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 01:21:21 PM »
I'm really curious how much money Alm got from the likes of Soros. 

Most state prosecutors backed by Soros are weak on prosecuting SJW / BLM / Antifa types and seem intent on weakening LEOs.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

6716J

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2021, 01:29:07 PM »

I was wondering that myself. How much would a K frame be worth now?

All of you! Now turn in those lethal GLOCKs and you can only have this trusty double action.38 Special. But don't worry, you only get 1 bullet, so keep it safe in your chest pocket for when you need it. Right Barn?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

RSN172

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2021, 01:58:15 PM »
Police shouldn't be allowed to carry guns. Pepper spray, tasers and billy clubs, that's it. Lead by example, a firearm is not necessary to defend yourself.   Oh, I almost forgot, have a big dog too.

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
Police shouldn't be allowed to carry guns. Pepper spray, tasers and billy clubs, that's it. Lead by example, a firearm is not necessary to defend yourself.   Oh, I almost forgot, have a big dog too.

Should get equal to what civilians are allowed to use/carry.

stangzilla

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 12:53:11 PM »

that would be an upgrade   :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 03:14:03 PM »
that would be an upgrade   :shaka:
Only if they went to Rugers. . .  8)

hvybarrels

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

aletheuo137

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 04:57:12 PM »
Barney Fife Pistol Discharge Compilation - Funny!!!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

groveler

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2021, 08:21:02 AM »
Barney Fife Pistol Discharge Compilation - Funny!!!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
One thing you have to beat into peoples heads,
"Keep your finger OFF the trigger".
 :worship: