New pistol red dot (Read 4615 times)

Heavies

New pistol red dot
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
Pretty interesting new sight.  Many are complaining that the window is too small to work good, but the window co witnesses with the factory irons.  Doesn't the learning curve with using red dot sights on pistols because of the fact that usually the sight is much higher than the normal iron sight position?  Would this remedy that with it's ultra low profile?  Thoughts?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/10/noblex-docter-optics-glock/

Wish this would go on my G48.....  wouldn't mind trying it out if it did..

Mdotweber

Re: New pistol red dot
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:54:20 PM »
The low profile base looks like a great start. Seems like the majority of your sight picture would be taken up by your irons your presentation would mimic your punch out like with standard sights, might as well get a fiber optic FS and practice until you can point shoot. (Disclaimer I don't know wtf I'm talking about just my inexperienced observation)
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

Heavies

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 10:53:21 PM »
The low profile base looks like a great start. Seems like the majority of your sight picture would be taken up by your irons your presentation would mimic your punch out like with standard sights, might as well get a fiber optic FS and practice until you can point shoot. (Disclaimer I don't know wtf I'm talking about just my inexperienced observation)

Think that's the idea, but with a red dot there would be no parallax, so as long as the dot is on target, and dot is zeroed, you should hit right where the dot is covering.  With irons, if they are not aligned properly, they will impact off of where the front sight lies.   Of course at close distance it probably will not matter too much, shooting at a large target.

Mdotweber

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 05:48:22 AM »
True I saw the a picture of the view through the optic, if the upper casing was a bit thinner and non obtrusive it would seem like second nature. A plus would also be your presentation wouldn't need to be altered from any other pistol without a RDS.
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

zippz

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »
Seems like a low profile red dot would eliminate the advantage to having a red dot which is flexibility in eye placement.

Though it still helps people with bad eyesight, lining up the sights, and less chance of it getting caught on stuff and breaking.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
Are MRD's the new way of shooting a pistol?  Like how with rifles, now almost all have some kind of optic on them.  To run only irons on a rifle is so 1990's.

Heavies

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »
Good thing about this one is that it's a sealed unit.  Dirt cannot occlude the emitter.  A problem that can kill the traditional pistol reflex sight.

Heavies

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 11:00:44 AM »
Industry needs to standardize mount plates.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »
Someone should buy one and do a review!
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 02:52:44 PM »

And let everyone try

Heavies

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 03:58:00 PM »

If I had a MOS Glock I would.  Sadly only have the G48.  Too skinny, and no MOS mount...…

drck1000

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 04:29:03 PM »
If I had a MOS Glock I would.  Sadly only have the G48.  Too skinny, and no MOS mount...…
I’ve been thinking of getting a 19 MOS. You supplying the dot?  ;D

macsak

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »
I’ve been thinking of getting a 19 MOS. You supplying the dot?  ;D

I have "a friend" that I heard got the new US Optics DRS mini red dot...

drck1000

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 06:26:01 PM »
I have "a friend" that I heard got the new US Optics DRS mini red dot...
Would awesome to test the Noblex against the DRS against the RMR.   ;D