First Aid course (Read 21260 times)

zippz

First Aid course
« on: December 03, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »
Some military medics have offered to teach a 1 - 2 hour class on first aid to include basic anatomy, tourniquets, chest seals, nasal pharangeal, what should go in a kit, quick clot products, and other stuff.  No certification will be given.  Cost is very minimal ($5-$10) or possibly free.  Location is Koko Head Shooting Complex on the weekend after the range closes or someone can donate classroom space.

Getting a preliminary headcount.

Serious inquiries only, no flakes.

UPDATE 1-9-18:

Course is confirmed.  Space is limited, email todd@practicalmarksman.com with your name and phone number or signup on the meetup page at https://www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG/events/246653869/ to reserve a seat.

This first aid course will teach basic human anatomy, bandages, tourniquets, quick clot bandages, how to build a kit, and other life saving techniques. Great class for firearms instructors, RSO's, and those interested in treating injuries on and off the range. Pizzas and drinks provided.

NO CERTIFICATION WILL BE GIVEN AND INSTRUCTORS ALONG WITH HAWAII GUYS AND GALS WITH GUNS ASSUME NO LIABILITY IF YOU USE THESE FIRST AID TECHNIQUES.

DATE/TIME: Saturday January 13, 5:15pm - 8:30pm
LOCATION: Paki Community Park, enter through Leahi Ave. We'll be in the classroom building.
ATTIRE: Dress comfortably
EQUIPMENT OPTIONAL: Bring your first aid kit to get it checked out. Pen and paper for notes.
FEES: $5 cash to cover pizza, drinks, and supplies.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:26:31 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

bass monkey

Re: First Aid course
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »
I'm in

A2daron31

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
What day? I'm in if I'm not working.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:56:25 PM »
In

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 07:48:58 AM »
Has a seminar like this with a couple medics, Navy corpsman, and a couple EMTs a few months ago.  Great stuff and a LOT of information they can share.  Particularly showing you how to use or apply certain first aid implements.  We joked about demonstrating how to use the tube.  I have had training on some of that stuff before, but one thing that I've noticed is that people are surprised as how to properly apply a TQ, particularly how tight it needs to be.  Of course, they demonstrated the TQ on me simulating a lower leg injury.   :grrr:

macsak

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:07:52 AM »
What day? I'm in if I'm not working.

same, depends on date and time

midnitebacon

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 10:55:27 AM »
I'm interested

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »
Keep sending in the replies.

I have to get 15 people interested first before they plan the event.

Might be held at Diamond Head instead, someone donated classroom space.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »
Forgot to add the wife also,  but again all depending on the date and time.

zippz

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »
Has a seminar like this with a couple medics, Navy corpsman, and a couple EMTs a few months ago.  Great stuff and a LOT of information they can share.  Particularly showing you how to use or apply certain first aid implements.  We joked about demonstrating how to use the tube.  I have had training on some of that stuff before, but one thing that I've noticed is that people are surprised as how to properly apply a TQ, particularly how tight it needs to be.  Of course, they demonstrated the TQ on me simulating a lower leg injury.   :grrr:

Sounds like it's the same guys.

London808

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 06:16:06 PM »
Count me in, date depending
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Bushido

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »
I'm in if on Sunday, I'll be busy on Sat for several weeks.

MEENGIRL

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
+2.  :shaka:

zippz

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »
Tentatively set for Saturday January 13th. I'll confirm later this month. Fee is going to be a few bucks for pizza and soda.

matt0137

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
I'm definitely interested in this. As long as it's after the holidays. Jan 13th or later is great!
Thanks for working to put this together.

808S10

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »
Count me in for 3. Me and two co workers.

Rocky

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »
I'm in.  :shaka:
I may be able to offer space, but it would be somewhere between Laie and Kahuku !  :shake:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

JiRal

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 08:44:06 PM »
Sign me up!

zippz

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 05:14:27 PM »
Date still pending, we're rallying the volunteers.

Quacker

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 08:59:42 PM »
If it's still open, I'm interested.