Trolling (Read 9734 times)

London808

Trolling
« on: July 23, 2016, 05:00:13 PM »
Now I am all for an open discussion area where all input is welcome, that being said there appears to be a member on this forum who's sole aim is to derail and/or troll every post they comment on,

Can we please get action or comment on this,
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

macsak

Re: Trolling
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 05:18:01 PM »
Now I am all for an open discussion area where all input is welcome, that being said there appears to be a member on this forum who's sole aim is to derail and/or troll every post they comment on,

Can we please get action or comment on this,

WTF?Shane

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 05:47:47 PM »
There's the report button.

asinapple8805

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 05:51:18 PM »
I read some of the bickering that goes on in this forum and the problem is pretty clear.

For some of the discussion points, there is clearly a right answer, but some people are too ignorant to accept that they might be wrong. A lot of these discussions are based in fact or an interpretation of the law. It's surprising how many people think that they know the Constitution simply because they spend too much time on the Internet.

At the same time, some of the discussion topics are topics of morality or ethics. For these topics, people just have to accept that there may be different viewpoints. It makes no sense for you all to argue that the other side is wrong because there is no right or wrong.

dogman

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 06:36:49 PM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 06:56:41 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 06:59:00 PM »
Posts are being removed. Some do not violate the stated rules. I would like to know why the posts were removed?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

macsak

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
Posts are being removed. Some do not violate the stated rules. I would like to know why the posts were removed?

there are stated rules?

Inspector

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 07:13:14 PM »
there are stated rules?
Are you saying there are no stated rules? What was the reason for deleting the post? Please don't avoid my questions.

K30l4

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

dogman

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 07:35:18 PM »

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sent fom my iMac using keypad

Jl808

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »
Frik.... you guys fighting again?????

>:( >:( >:(
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

London808

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 08:10:20 PM »
Sent fom my iMac using keypad

I am laughing so hard right now
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Heavies

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 09:46:20 PM »
I deleted a lot of posts of the bickering, especially when they went way off of topic. 

Not sure what is wanted here.  Maybe just a choir to preach to?

Inspector

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 06:23:23 AM »
I deleted a lot of posts of the bickering, especially when they went way off of topic. 

Not sure what is wanted here.  Maybe just a choir to preach to?
I wrote a long drawn out post here which I assume was going to get deleted because that seems to be MO here lately. So I deleted it and all I am going to say is if you continue to allow the bad behavior by one specific troll and continue to allow trolls to be a part of this forum you will continue to lose your core people.

Jl808

Trolling
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 06:55:41 AM »
The bad behavior is coming from more than just one person.  It takes two to beef.

I'm not saying that this is any particular person, but folks pls do a self check to see if you're being part of the problem in the constant bickering.

Give others the benefit of the doubt that they can judge for themselves about the absurdity of some of the posts.

Be civil and don't get in an online fight. There's no need to attack each other personally.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:03:21 AM by Jl808 »

Jl808

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 07:25:16 AM »
Politics and religion are topics that you normally would not bring up in a family gathering as they tend to rile up people and cause fights.

We think that it is important to be able to discuss these topics which is why we have the Political Discussion section on the website.  The section was created to keep the politics contained so that it doesn't detract from firearms and 2a discussions of the site.

We all won't see eye to eye on all political topics. Please be civil and refrain from personally attacking others.

If all else fails, there is an ignore feature somewhere.

Rocky

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 08:57:02 AM »
Think it's pretty easy.

Simply...

do not respond to your alleged troll's posts
do not feed your alleged troll's posts
and ignore all of your alleged trolls posts

Never argue with a fool.
They'll bring you down to their level and defeat you with experience.
 :geekdanc:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

stangzilla

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 12:47:58 PM »