Pink Pistols (Read 14987 times)

screen

Pink Pistols
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:34:43 PM »
I've been entertaining this idea recently to help get more people into guns,  or even just help get people less afraid of them.
Why don't we start a Hawaii chapter of the Pink Pistols?
For those who aren't familiar with the Pink Pistols (pinkpistols.org), it's a shooting club intended to teach gay people how to safely and effectively use a gun to defend themselves. "Armed gays don't get bashed, " as they say.
According to some quick Google fu, Hawaii has the second largest LGBT community per capita in the nation, giving us a large demographic to try to recruit. I'd be willing to organize it (if no one more qualified is up for it), but a few instructors to help volunteer to teach, or some people who have been in this state longer than me and know how to reach the community better would be most helpful.
What do you guys think? Would such an organization help our community grow in numbers and strength?
Training available at AthenaeumTraining.com

6716J

Re: Pink Pistols
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 02:43:25 PM »
My friend back in WVA is doing this and offering up free training sessions to them.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

zippz

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
Ill help.  No clue how to get it started though.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

screen

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »
My friend back in WVA is doing this and offering up free training sessions to them.
I was planning on doing something like that. Once we get the word out and get some interest,  have the first meeting being an at cost (IE pay for your own ammo) class and give affidavits to those wanting to get a handgun. If there's serious growth over time, I would consider making it an occasional thing.

Ill help.  No clue how to get it started though.

I'm not familiar at all with the local LGBTQ scene,  so getting the word out is my main concern. I do have a gay work associate that I believe is active in the community,  but is currently on a training deployment for the next couple months. When he gets back I'm going to attempt to recruit his help in getting the word out to the community,  and have that be the start.
After that,  we can have any willing instructors give the occasional free or discounted classes as I talked about,  but the regular meeting would probably just be more of a monthly meet up. Go to the range and shoot,  the more experienced give tips and advice to the newbies,  maybe grab a bite after and chat.
Training available at AthenaeumTraining.com

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:00:44 AM »
I have worked with many gay people over the years....many.
I have always gotten along with them, and most are highly intelligent. More intelligent than me, for sure.
But....
From my personal experience, I would be concerned about their emotional stability.
What, Me Worry?

bonertyme

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 12:14:20 PM »
Nothing wrong with pink guns. It’a very popular for the female shooters.
Could follow us on Instagram  for current inventory updates.
BNRtactical

Please email us at bnrtactical808@gmail.com to be added to our email specials.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
I have worked with many gay people over the years....many.
I have always gotten along with them, and most are highly intelligent. More intelligent than me, for sure.
But....
From my personal experience, I would be concerned about their emotional stability.

From my experience, there are 2 types of openly Gay/Lesbian people:

1.  The professional who can do their jobs and live their lives like any other normal person, keeping their personal lives personal.  Most heterosexual people I know don't come to work talking about the sex or drama happening to them; and

2.  The ones who literally define themselves by their sexual "lifestyle", and can't seem to have a conversation without their latests fling, love interest or escapade creeping in.  It's like they have a one-track mind, and everything else in their lives is a lower priority.

I've worked with both types, albeit some are on a sliding scale from day-to-day. 

If I wanted to hear about your night at the Gay Nightclub, I would have asked for the details.  It might be important to you, but it's not to me.

I've learned that the most important thing to anyone is "whatever is on their mind at the moment".  What that happens to be most often tells me what they find most important.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 12:02:25 PM »
From my experience, there are 2 types of openly Gay/Lesbian people:

2.  The ones who literally define themselves by their sexual "lifestyle", and can't seem to have a conversation without their latests fling, love interest or escapade creeping in.  It's like they have a one-track mind, and everything else in their lives is a lower priority.

Also applies to vegans and people who do crossfit.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 12:11:04 PM »
Also applies to vegans and people who do crossfit.

How can you tell if a person is a Vegan?

Don't worry about it.  They'll tell you.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »
Since this is an old thread, some females are in the planning phase of starting a group.  Gals N Guns, or something like that which piggy backs off the mainland chapters.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »
Since this is an old thread, some females are in the planning phase of starting a group.  Gals N Guns, or something like that which piggy backs off the mainland chapters.

Sounds mysogynistic and gender biased.

Can I join if I identify as a "Gal?"  It could be a good way to meet women who aren't afraid of a gun in the house.   :thumbsup:
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 12:56:21 AM »
It's Girl and a Gun
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu