20-year-old dead after early-morning shooting at Ala Moana Center (Read 4136 times)

drck1000

6716J

Re: 20-year-old dead after early-morning shooting at Ala Moana Center
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 12:36:55 PM »
Didn't happen.

It's impossible for a citizen to kill someone with a gun in Hawaii because it's against the law to carry a gun in public... period. Or have a loaded gun in your car. It's also illegal to commit murder. The HoPo should be out looking for newcasters who spread false stories. We need more laws to stop this kind of thing from happening. 14 day waiting period on all reporting. Permits to publish. You can get a 1 year permit for feel good local activities publishing but anything bad requires a per article permit.

#fakenews

( :( for the family )
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

groveler

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »
Didn't happen.

It's impossible for a citizen to kill someone with a gun in Hawaii because it's against the law to carry a gun in public... period. Or have a loaded gun in your car. It's also illegal to commit murder. The HoPo should be out looking for newcasters who spread false stories. We need more laws to stop this kind of thing from happening. 14 day waiting period on all reporting. Permits to publish. You can get a 1 year permit for feel good local activities publishing but anything bad requires a per article permit.

#fakenews

( :( for the family )
I'm sorry the young man died.
But only idiots obey Hawaii gun laws.
I ship my guns in from out of state to hunt
since you can only hunt on weekends.
I then send them back.  All legal.
No way I'll ask Democrats to buy a gun or register them
with you.
Hawaii Democrats are the biggest threat to my health, safety, and
welfare that exists in the world.
Aloha.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 10:15:07 AM »
Seen the vid, doesn't look like a robbery.  But talking shit gone wrong.

Shooter drew and guy who got shot put his hands up.  Shooter shot anyways.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 12:02:48 PM »
Stupid stuff hawaii has vid of him in LS and lifting his shirt up to show his gun in his waistband.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

punaperson

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 01:47:13 PM »
Stupid stuff hawaii has vid of him in LS and lifting his shirt up to show his gun in his waistband.
I've quit requesting the monthly total applications and dispensations of those applications for CCW/open carry from all the county police departments so I wasn't aware that a CCW license had been issued. Maybe the only one in the state and the guy kills someone. Not good for those stats about CCW licensees committing crime.

/sarc

Gordyf

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 05:15:38 PM »
What's the skinny on the shooter and the gun?
Nobody is talking. News not so newsie on this
Prohibited person? Other than illegal carry?
Firearm legally purchased/owned? Permits? Rap back?... or black market?
Aloha
Gordy

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 07:03:49 PM »
Why u think theres no further story. Doesnt fit the safest gun laws narrative.

bass monkey

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 09:38:24 PM »

Cuz make shame cuz he not one bangah and never just scrap that faka and throw hands.  Could tell cause he never take off his shirt and yell his zipcode out loud.

macsak

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 09:51:25 PM »
Cuz make shame cuz he not one bangah and never just scrap that faka and throw hands.  Could tell cause he never take off his shirt and yell his zipcode out loud.
no foget throwing up gang signs on FB/IG with green bottles and yelling CHEE HUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! randomly

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 11:45:49 PM »
P80 used? They gonna ban those next. How many non p80s were used in crimes? Scapegoat

6716J

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 11:00:24 AM »
P80 used? They gonna ban those next. How many non p80s were used in crimes? Scapegoat

Yeah heard that on the radio this morning. Can't wait for the next legislative session  :( It's gonna suck  :grrr:

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »
I think P80s are already illegal in WA.  IDK at what step though.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 02:06:16 PM »
I think P80s are already illegal in WA.  IDK at what step though.

The new law was effective 1 July 2019. 

So, 80% receivers are legal -- not a firearm.

80% milling jigs are also legal.

Completed 80% receivers are legal if you made and kept it for yourself.

The part of the law that could be applicable is if the firearm falls under the "undetectable" definition:

Undetectable firearm means any firearm that is not as detectable as 3.7 ounces of 17-4 PH stainless steel by
walk-through metal detectors or magnetometers commonly used at airports or any firearm where the barrel,
the slide or cylinder, or the frame or receiver of the firearm would not generate an image that accurately depicts
the shape of the part when examined by the types of X-ray machines commonly used at airports.”

So, any polymer receiver that's milled by the owner has the potential to fail the detection requirement for metal components, not just the P80.

https://www.80-lower.com/blogs/80-lower-blog/did-washington-just-ban-80-lowers/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:18:50 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 03:49:01 PM »
Just saw a video of the shooter on HNN at his hearing.  Didn't listen to the audio, but saw that he had what looked like tape/bandage on his jaw.  Broken jaw? 

Heavies

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 03:57:28 PM »
Just saw a video of the shooter on HNN at his hearing.  Didn't listen to the audio, but saw that he had what looked like tape/bandage on his jaw.  Broken jaw?

Observing the comments, in various treads, said the shooter was having issues at that club, or clubs, previous.  Supposedly before the shooting, the shooter got punched and his jaw was broken.   Not sure if the guy looks for trouble or what, but apparently there where other confrontations.  There was one post where the shooter shows off his pistol at the club.  He looks like he was looking, and ready for a fight.

drck1000

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 07:21:23 PM »
Observing the comments, in various treads, said the shooter was having issues at that club, or clubs, previous.  Supposedly before the shooting, the shooter got punched and his jaw was broken.   Not sure if the guy looks for trouble or what, but apparently there where other confrontations.  There was one post where the shooter shows off his pistol at the club.  He looks like he was looking, and ready for a fight.
SA is reporting Miranda and Jennings “had words” and then Jennings’ friend intervened and punched Miranda “in the mouth”.

Read some of the comments. Sounds like he was doing the Ice Cube “gotta problem here” thing from Boyz N The Hood.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »

Thats what it looks like. If someone were attacking him that might justify his use of deadly force. However from the video posted to facebook he is going to have a hard time making a self defense argument.