HDF range day - saturday november 24, 2018- carbine! (Read 5632 times)

macsak

HDF range day - saturday november 24, 2018- carbine!
« on: November 10, 2018, 05:35:15 AM »
this month, we will have a carbine skill builder class
space is EXTREMELY limited so that we can maximize learning

no RSVP is necessary for the open shoot portion, which runs from 8-10
if you help set up from 7:15, you will receive a $5 discount  on open shoot (regular fee is $15)
you may shoot any HI legal rifle, shotgun, or pistol
10 rounds in mag limit, rapid fire allowed as long as it is AIMED
there will be targets set up at various distances, but you are welcome to bring your own (targets must be approved by range staff)
personal equipment (targets/tables) MUST be set up during setup time before line goes hot

covered shoes are REQUIRED for all who are present

we will be cleaning up and setting up for the class from 10-10:30
class begins promptly at 10:30 am, please arrive by 10 am to check in, help set up, and get geared up.
late arrivals may be charged a late fee or even be denied entry to the class.
If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.  Failure to provide at least 72 hours notice may result in penalties for future classes.

required gear/ammo: carbine, at least 3 magazines, pouches (belt or chest rig) to hold spare mags, 200 rounds of ammo

please let us know if you cannot stay until he end of the session, because we usually have a small challenge at the end and we need to form teams

DO NOT RSVP on this thread.
email this address to sign up and you will be notified next week of your class status
---------> hdfrangeday@thehdf.org <----------
RSVPs begin at 8 am saturday 11/10/18
signups before 8 am will be dealt with accordingly 
you will receive notification of your class status on monday,  via email
if you apply later than monday, you will receive a reply email with your status as we receive it.

please be courteous to your fellow shooters
do not take spots in the class if you are unable to attend
late cancellations and no-shows can lead to automatic waitlist status in the future

Platinum808

Re: HDF range day - saturday november 24, 2018- carbine!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 01:08:38 PM »
Is there any other fee to join??
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

macsak

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
Is there any other fee to join??

$20 for members
$30 for non-members
membership is $25/year
open shoot is included if you are registered for skill builder
otherwise open shoot is $15 ($5 discount if you help set up at 7:30)

Platinum808

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »
Okay emailed you hope to see you guys
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »
Will there be a lunch break?

macsak

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 08:53:52 AM »
Thanks, been bringing food the last few times, only to not eat it.  Very time consuming.  Because of our "places to keep law", I can't pick up okazu on the way.  I have to grab it, then go back  home and grab gear.

Duenas0326

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »
Thanks, been bringing food the last few times, only to not eat it.  Very time consuming.  Because of our "places to keep law", I can't pick up okazu on the way.  I have to grab it, then go back  home and grab gear.

If this helps any, rather than bring perishable food.....snack bars, protein bars or breakfast bars may suffice. It's easier to eat and carry around.

Bushido

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:37:58 PM »

Best to have and not want than to want and not have. Buy it, I'll eat it if you don't.  :shaka: :shaka: :shaka:

On another note, I know I guy whom stopped to eat on his way to the range. His stuff got stolen out of his car, HPD was not happy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 09:47:29 AM »
If this helps any, rather than bring perishable food.....snack bars, protein bars or breakfast bars may suffice. It's easier to eat and carry around.

I bring jap style okazu.  Wife eats yogurt.  We used to get a 30-60 min lunch break.  Not much time to eat a bar either. 

It's ok, just wasted food/time the last few classes.

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 09:48:47 AM »
Best to have and not want than to want and not have. Buy it, I'll eat it if you don't.  :shaka: :shaka: :shaka:

On another note, I know I guy whom stopped to eat on his way to the range. His stuff got stolen out of his car, HPD was not happy.

"No one does anything illegal on this forum". 

Just gonna bring lots of liquids. Last class I forgot my Gatorade and didn't bring enough H20.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »
I’m donating a set of the following to the winning team at this Saturday’s carbine class...
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »
Thanks for the gift.

Mrs. Change grabs the Noveske one

Me: We dont own a Noveske, why u grab that?

Mrs. Change: I guess we have to buy one now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bushido

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 07:00:45 PM »
Thanks for the gift.

Two is one, one is none...

macsak

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 07:03:22 PM »
Thanks for the gift.

nice Christmas balls

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
Great carbine class.  Things I've learned:

1) Reinforced the "work through the problem" mindset
2) Shooting from prone with support hand inoperable (unloading, loading, charging, mag placement, etc...)
3) I think my hold over at 20 yards is 1 inch.  I missed the entire flash card while prone.  All shots were about grape fruit size under card.  But at 7 yards, I was inside a golf ball (dot torture target used).  Hold over is 2 inches at 7 yards.  I learned this at HFR when they allowed rifles.  Bought the AR brand new and fired it there.  Was wondering why my POI/POA was 2 inches low and I was explained "hold over" (Red dot to barrel distance).
4) I'm getting older, was a little more gassed than normal during the running portion.  Legs started to feel like concrete.

Some things Mrs. Change learned:

1) Locking bolt back, she was pressing the wrong end of the button.
2) Pull  her ambi charging handle from 1 side, don't use index and middle finger split.  It makes it way harder.
3) She wants an ambi mag release. 

She doesn't practice with the AR and gives me the "yeah later" when I tell her to join me.  Same goes with pistol.  I wonder when she will listen, if ever.