Pertaining to 50 cals: Best rhetoric to defend them? Anybody hunt with one? (Read 2070 times)

groveler

That's way too much power for someone without the proper...oh wait...

https://honoluluexotics.com/
I own a 0.54
that will put a very large hole in some animal.
 :thumbsup:

808Hunta

Why? I am intrigued to hear some elaboration.

Why not? Lol, honestly not being sarcastic brother. I feel those who posted after me answered that perfectly.

I love and have a passion for hunting and shooting irregardless of what I'm using. Ive used knife, spear, handgun, rifle, muzzleloader, bow, shotgun etc. The caliber is just a small piece of the puzzle.  As long as it's being done legally n ethically then I don't see a problem. And having to justify why I choose one caliber over another is downright bogus IMHO. As long as it's legal and ethical. We shouldn't have to justify ourselves to them.

My family loved long range shooting n hunting. We loved building wildcats long ago. The 50 was the biggest case we could get our hands on n went from there. When the 408 came out we built 338-408 wildcats then 375 CT.

Begle1

Where did you do it? Did you do it with any sort of regularity? What sort of range?

How much elevation did you haul a 20+ pound rifle up?

Was the meat damage as severe as everybody would assume?

808Hunta

Where did you do it? Did you do it with any sort of regularity? What sort of range? 

Did it on few of the islands.  Kinda regular for a few years, out to and beyond 1000 yds.

How much elevation did you haul a 20+ pound rifle up?

Too much lol I was younger then. And it didn't weigh much compared to the pigs we packed out of the mountains lol

Was the meat damage as severe as everybody would assume? 

Meat damage depended on where you hit them. But yeah it could be quite severe if hit at certain angles. But so was the 30-416 Rigby we built n 338-408 and other big wildcats we built. 

ren

It appears that Rhoads is not only attacking the 2a but the people's way of sustaining themselves
Deeds Not Words