hypothetical question for a monday- if ccw passes, what would you carry and how? (Read 35350 times)

eyeeatingfish

If you are planning to trust your life to the "less reliable" rimfire ammo, then a revolver makes more sense than a semi.  If a round goes "click", just pull the trigger again for then next one to go "bang."

Unlike a semi, there's no slide to rack to get to the next round in the magazine.

Indeed, easier to operate than a semi-auto as well. Unless we are talking about reloading.

Inspector

Indeed, easier to operate than a semi-auto as well. Unless we are talking about reloading.
If you are a good shot you will have leftover live rounds.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

Twerking dog?

Enjoy!
Yeah that twerking dog is strangely amusing and disturbing all at the same time.
What, Me Worry?

eyeeatingfish

Yeah that twerking dog is strangely amusing and disturbing all at the same time.

Screw ISIS, our society will collapse from the inside on its own.

oldfart

Let's untwerk this thread. :stopjack:
What, Me Worry?

Lylefk

I've been reading about a couple of interesting handguns the last few days that I would strongly consider. When you absolutely need the smallest option, a seecamp lws .32. Or the smallest 9mm, the Rohrbaugh R9. Or if I'm wearing more clothes than usual, maybe a Boberg XR45.

Antithesis

I'd probably pick up a Ruger LCR in 9mm.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

MauiLeatherwork

Progress on the peruta and baker cases keeps me checking into the forum frequently. Until any movement in Hawaii, I'll begin collecting non-resident CCW beginning with WA state.

I like little guns. The first one I bought was the NAA 22mag mini revolver.  Now I realize it's a back-up type of gun.  But still very fun.  Also have a snub nosed 38, and a tiny little semi-auto in .380

I think the Ruger LCR is a great gun. Haven't bought one yet, but sure enjoyed shooting one chambered in 357

I wear jeans daily with a belt and would carry inside the waist band in a leather holster. 2 out of 3 of my options are all stainless.

Madosi

I have a CCW permit for alabama when I'm stateside I carry my DB9 with a Technaclip  if dressing light and my Glock 17 if I have a jacket and jeans. I wish hawaii would allow CCW, neighbor sales and no 14 day wait.

RSN172

I carry a Glock 19 with Trijicon sights in a TactiPac Fusion holster whenever I am in Nevada.  At home in Puna area of the Big Island, I normally just open carry on a belt holster, but 15% of the time conceal carry just to practice drawing from concealment throughout the day.  If my wife was willing, I would move to Nevada.

whynow?

Would carry a G26 in a OWB Bravo concealment kydex holster at 7 o'clock position since I'm a lefty.
Would also use this setup on my property outside under a roomy t-shirt with black shorts since gear is black.

Mauivigilance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I would use Glock 23 fde with edc messenger bag or 5.11 covert carry waist pack.
The only ism that has not failed me yet is skepticism.....

oldfart

The most comfortable method I have ever tried was a Blocker Lifeline...the same as in miami vice.
Upside down shoulder rig with double mag pouch under the opposite side.
Comfortable, fast, secure. Weight is on the shoulders so your pants won't fall down.
Downside is you need outerwear to conceal.
What, Me Worry?

macsak

Downside is you need outerwear to conceal.

just dress like crockett and tubbs...
 8)

oldfart

just dress like crockett and tubbs...
 8)
If I had a Ferrari, houseboat and an alligator, hell yeah...
But unfortunately I got a rusty Ford, tract house and a stupid dog.
What, Me Worry?