Renewing Permit to Aquire (Read 11465 times)

aletheuo137

Re: Renewing Permit to Aquire
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 07:12:28 PM »
Working on the "silent killers"..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Suppressor!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ultra-m-a-n

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 11:00:21 AM »
Suppressor!

gotta layer up... more baffles = more silence

aletheuo137

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 11:35:22 AM »

Akubone1

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 11:56:15 AM »
I spoke to HPD this morning and the system is down for registrations...was ok to get a permit though.  Hopefully back up and running later today.

Glasser

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 06:43:37 PM »
I spoke to HPD this morning and the system is down for registrations...was ok to get a permit though.  Hopefully back up and running later today.

My brother was there registering today, the system went down on one of his entries. They told him things are about to get worse for the Officers at the window they are going to 'change to a completely new system they havent trained on'.

Whatever that means.

stangzilla

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 06:53:02 PM »
Last time I was there about a month ago system was down, come back tomorrow
Bruh, i work i cannot come back tomorrow,  i come back next week
Wtf is going on at hpd. Fuck ups is what's going on there
I cant just take off work, my work doesnt work that way
They are just fucking with the 2A. Plain and simple

QUIETShooter

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »
Last time I was there about a month ago system was down, come back tomorrow
Bruh, i work i cannot come back tomorrow,  i come back next week
Wtf is going on at hpd. Fuck ups is what's going on there
I cant just take off work, my work doesnt work that way
They are just fucking with the 2A. Plain and simple

I agree.  Because Hawaii and HPD is anti-2a they don't really want to optimize the firearm permits for better convenience and accessibility.  They enjoy this slow-down process and the more frustrated the citizens get the better they like it.  They're hoping a lot of us give up.

Fat chance.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Eric808

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 02:45:56 PM »
Called HPD.
The appointment system has been temporarily suspended.  Hopefully it will be resolved next week.  Been trying since 11:30, I should have called earlier.

The pilot program for the next Wednesday's only appointments are available today (Thursday).  It appears the bots have not yet figured this one out, there appears to be some still available for next week Wed.  Good luck.

HeliosRX8

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 02:49:25 PM »
Lots of Reg appts for 4/28 avail right now.  1:25pm all the way thru 2:45pm. 14 appts total of Pilot Registration 2-3 firearms.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2021, 10:43:26 AM »
Still trying to get a PTA appointment........ :grrr:

Anyone has some tips as to how to improve my chances of snagging one? :(

Ultra-m-a-n

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2021, 11:11:04 AM »
I was able to schedule one for a family member.

Here are some tips:
- Use a computer and not a phone.

-look for time that are not exactly convenient. Everyone wants morning, both of the appointments I scheduled were at 2pm

- type out all the information on notepad and paste it into the boxes.

-it refreshes every 10 mins, so get ready at 9mins and keep refreshing. I was on the computer at 1:59 and kept refreshing till 2pm and the 2pm appointment popped up.

-it you aren't fast enough, ask a family member/friend for help. Someone has a kid that's doing virtual school;  give them $20 if they can get you booked haha

Good Luck!

QUIETShooter

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 06:05:21 PM »
I was able to schedule one for a family member.

Here are some tips:
- Use a computer and not a phone.

-look for time that are not exactly convenient. Everyone wants morning, both of the appointments I scheduled were at 2pm

- type out all the information on notepad and paste it into the boxes.

-it refreshes every 10 mins, so get ready at 9mins and keep refreshing. I was on the computer at 1:59 and kept refreshing till 2pm and the 2pm appointment popped up.

-it you aren't fast enough, ask a family member/friend for help. Someone has a kid that's doing virtual school;  give them $20 if they can get you booked haha

Good Luck!

Thank you! :shaka:  I'll keep trying.

rpoL98

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2021, 01:36:57 PM »
is submitting for a PTA still on-line only?  the "no-availability" on-line system?

aletheuo137

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »
is submitting for a PTA still on-line only?  the "no-availability" on-line system?
I hope when we move on Tier 4 that they'll change it but do hold your breathe. I did mines yesterday, and the officer there wasn't even sure of the process. Picked up PTA and wanted register at the same time to get over with. I almost had to take another day off but I persevere thru it and got it down. Phew! Keep trying don't give up.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2021, 04:45:52 PM »
I still haven't been able get a PTA through HPD's bullshit appointment system.

rpoL98

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »
I still haven't been able get a PTA through HPD's bullshit appointment system.
same here, I've been trying randomly weekdays, weekends, daytime, midnight, 2am, 3am, even 4am.  nothing available, consistently "next 90-days are booked". nada.  zip.  zilch.

yes, confirmed bullshit appointment system.

rpoL98

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2021, 02:05:45 PM »
is there any belief that applying for PTA will ever go back to walk-in basis?

I heard a nasty rumor, from one of my shooting buddies, that some gunshop(s) have set up bots to regularly and routinely harvest any available PTA appts, and then resell them for $75.  I'm not sure if this falls into the category of scalping, or Denial-of-Service attacks.

I'm pretty sure the current Karl Roads PTA appt system has got the anti-2A crowd giggling with glee.   and this has been going on for over a year.  talking about sum "infringement". :wacko:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 02:58:32 PM by rpoL98 »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2021, 03:02:48 PM »
is there any belief that applying for PTA will ever go back to walk-in basis?

I heard a nasty rumor, from one of my shooting buddies, that some gunshop(s) have set up bots to regularly and routinely harvest any available PTA appts, and then resell them for $75.  I'm not sure if this falls into the category of scalping, or Denial-of-Service attacks.

I'm pretty sure the current Karl Roads PTA appt system has got the anti-2A crowd giggling with glee.   and this has been going on for over a year.  :wacko:

From what others posted and my own observation, it appears the booking system makes appointments available 90 days out to the minute, and since the appointment times are 10 minutes apart, the available times will appear every 10 minutes, too.  So, on Monday at 9:00am, the appointment for 9:00am 90 days from then -- if it's a normal business day -- will be available to select online.  The next one will become available at 9:10am, and so on.

While watching this process online, it took less than a minute for each and every appointment that became available to be booked.  So, unless there are people at keyboards or phones grabbing appointments M-F 7:30-3:30 every 10 minutes, I have to believe there are bots, scripts or browser macros running that can go to the new appointments and book them without human interaction.

Would not be too difficult to identify the URLs for the appointment booking screens for every time slot and just go there and execute a booking script that fills in the form and submits it.

My other theory is there is someone with access to the system (Cop, IT techie, etc.) who reserves a block of appointments for the shops that pay them a "fee."  If the appointments don't sell to gun buyers, the appointments can be canceled -- no cost to the insider or store.

Regardless, it's not likely IMO that a group of anti-gun people has been responsible for sitting in front of the website and booking appointments manually.  The volume of appointments being generated all day every weekday seems too much for even the most zealous of gun haters for such a long period of time.

Our resident IT expert has stated he knows for a fact at least one LGS was selling appointment times.  So, even without having his facts proven in a court of law, he's never wrong.  Must be true!   :thumbsup:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Bunker

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2021, 06:13:39 PM »
Seems unconstitutional to me and definitely a sure fire way to minimize gun ownership in the state. The COVID justification to infringe on our constitutional rights is a joke.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 06:19:53 PM by Bunker »

QUIETShooter

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2021, 05:47:38 AM »
Seems unconstitutional to me and definitely a sure fire way to minimize gun ownership in the state. The COVID justification to infringe on our constitutional rights is a joke.

I wouldn't be surprised this whole fuckin thing was planned......... :grrr: