Yes
35.5%
Not yet but intend to
29%
Not going to
35.5%
Total Members Voted

Voting closed: July 07, 2021, 09:22:45 PM

Have you gotten the covid vaccine? (Read 7102 times)

eyeeatingfish

Have you gotten the covid vaccine?
« on: April 08, 2021, 09:22:45 PM »
Was just curious what people thought.

I hate needles so I was putting it off until the Johnson and Johnson vaccine came out. Well now its out so I begrudgingly signed up for it next week.
I am hoping at least it will make travel easier. Doesn't allow me to go to Japan but at least coming back from the mainland is easier if I understand it correctly.

omnigun

Re: Have you gotten the covid vaccine?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:44:32 PM »
Got mine a while back. 

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 12:58:03 AM »
My doctor told me to go get a shot yesterday, so I guess I better go.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 05:39:17 AM »
I voted no but intend to.  I'd like to take the Johnson and Johnson one if can.

My wife still works so I'm pushing her to get vaccinated.  She said if she makes appt's for me and her will I go and I said of course.

Too bad still no can go Japan.  I like go visit there along with Korea and Okinawa.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

groveler

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 05:41:55 AM »
I will get a shot after all Democrats have gotten a shot and survived for three years,
with no harmful effects.
I don't think the shots are safe and since Democrats trust their Democrat government, I'll let Democrats be guinea pigs.

mrgaf

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 05:04:17 PM »
1st and 2nd Moderna with the VA! no probs except for a sore shoulder....... :thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Inspector

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 03:34:21 AM »
I don’t want one but for the sake of my wife who is at risk I will do it. Going to call next week to set up the appointment.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

groveler

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 09:31:23 AM »
1st and 2nd Moderna with the VA! no probs except for a sore shoulder....... :thumbsup:
I go in for an in-person annual checkup at the end of the month, I'm sure the VA will try to get me
to get shots.  You do know that approx 57% of the Marines at Camp Lejune(sp?)
have refused any of the shots.  Military can't be forced to get shots that aren't FDA approved.
None of the Covid vaccines are "FDA approved".
I think I'll follow that logic for refusal, for that reason,  beside my earlier stated position of seeing
if the guinea pigs survive without longer term side effects. 
The wife will be on Medicare next month and
will probably get her shots then, but that is her choice.

hvybarrels

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 10:06:21 AM »
I volunteer to forego the vaccine and put you all out of your misery when you turn into zombies, so send me a PM and let me know where your ammo and supplies are and how to access them. Youʻre welcome  :shaka:
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

robtmc

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 11:06:08 AM »
1st and 2nd Moderna with the VA! no probs except for a sore shoulder....
Got my 2nd yesterday right after lifting.

Achy as hell this morning, a lot more so than after the 1st shot.  Wife pushed me to get it, probably would not bother otherwise. 

Travel to Arizona has her worried.

Inspector

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 11:41:01 AM »
I volunteer to forego the vaccine and put you all out of your misery when you turn into zombies, so send me a PM and let me know where your ammo and supplies are and how to access them. Youʻre welcome  :shaka:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aletheuo137

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 01:17:14 PM »
Agreement with grov at this point

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »
Got my 2nd yesterday right after lifting.

Achy as hell this morning, a lot more so than after the 1st shot.  Wife pushed me to get it, probably would not bother otherwise. 

Travel to Arizona has her worried.
I had a few who got merderna say that working out day of getting the shot, lessens the side effects. Broscience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 07:41:56 PM »
I had a few who got merderna say that working out day of getting the shot, lessens the side effects. Broscience.

how did they do the control part of the experiment?

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2021, 10:00:28 AM »
how did they do the control part of the experiment?
Hence broscience. A term used in the weightlifter community when placebo effect type stuff makes u stronger/bigger.

robtmc

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 08:10:06 PM »
I went before the shot, heavy rows and squating.  Always makes me sore, this just amplified it.

Today, not nearly so bad.

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2021, 08:24:29 PM »
I went before the shot, heavy rows and squating.  Always makes me sore, this just amplified it.

Today, not nearly so bad.
Meant day of, but after getting the shot.

RSN172

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2021, 08:43:04 PM »

My good friend got the Pfizer at 1415, went home, did 8 reps with a 12 oz weight and said he didn't feel any discomfort.

robtmc

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 11:40:53 AM »
Solid night of sleep, and all hints of muscle/joint aches are gone.  Much faster back to normal than the first shot, just more rough the day after.

hvybarrels

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 07:37:33 PM »
Six cases of blood clots and they are cancelling the most important medical achievement of the 21st century? I don't think so. Offer is still open for zombie insurance. Do it now while you can still type.

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”