Constitutional Carry passed the Texas House! And Today (5/5/21) the Senate! (Read 1781 times)

punaperson

Texas has really changed for Constitutional Carry to be such a lengthy and arduous battle.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:19:28 PM by punaperson »

changemyoil66

Re: Constitutional Carry has just passed the Texas House!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 08:00:01 PM »
Chief cops showed up against it. That tells u all u need to know about them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

punaperson

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 02:18:29 PM »
And now the Senate! Good for Texas!

MEANWHILE... not one single legislator in Hawaii will even consider such an idea... as not one single ordinary citizen in the entire state may bear arms outside their home for the purpose of self-defense. smh. So fucking sad...

RSN172

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »
.... as not one single ordinary citizen in the entire state may bear arms outside their home for the purpose of self-defense. smh. So fucking sad...

Only if you one law abiding citizen, criminals get exemption. 

6716J

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 10:56:01 AM »
Only if you one law abiding citizen, criminals get exemption.

We gettum one "Ainokea Carry"
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

RSN172

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 06:59:22 PM »
We gettum one "Ainokea Carry"
I gotta wait 9 mo year befo I old enuf fo Ainokea Anymo Carry. Den I be 80 year old, if I no mahke befo den.

Flapp_Jackson

Update

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/amp/Texas-House-rejects-Senate-s-amended-version-of-16172974.php

They're arguing over penalties for prohibited gun owners who decide to carry?

Those prohibitions already exist in other statutes.  To create more strict punishments for prohibited persons carrying vs. merely owning/possessing the same weapon ignores the fact that they are probably already carrying prior to the Constitutional Carry bill. 

If carrying before did not warrant stiffer penalties, then why now?  Why not increase penalties for the original crimes, and don't make carrying a firearm anything special regarding punishment?  Keep penalties the same whether at home, in a car, or walking around with an illegal firearm. 

A felony is a felony in this context.  They've already lost the right to keep and bear arms.  Why make "keep" less serious than "bear?"  There's no deterrence factor involved.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall