Best Movie Music (Read 2353 times)

stangzilla

Re: Best Movie Music
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 08:14:12 PM »
I still have my Sub4 track suit somewhere.....

pewpewgoesthegun

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »
Hans Zimmer has put out some great soundtracks

ren

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022, 09:03:54 PM »
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 09:08:15 PM »
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 09:41:38 PM »
One of my favorite movies stars Tim Roth as "Novecento" (Italian for "Nineteen Hundred").  The movie title is The Legend of 1900.

He was born on a passenger ship that made the crossing between the US and Europe, mainly bringing immigrants to America.

He was left on the ocean liner and found by one of the ship's engine room crew, Danny, and he decided to keep him and raise him.

Danny named him Danny Boodman T. D. Lemon 1900 (a combination of his own name, an advertisement found on the box Danny found the baby in, and the year he was born).  They called him "1900" for short.

He was born, raised and learned everything he knew aboard that same ship, never setting foot on dry land.  He taught himself at a young age to play the piano, and became a member of the ship's band.

The story centers around 1900's music, and how he "sees" it -- never playing the same song the same way twice.

It's a long movie, and sometimes the switching back and forth between the present and past gets confusing at first, but it's not that distracting.

It's another movie about the music and the musicians:  1900 and his trumpet-player friend telling the story.

If you've never seen it, it's worth the time -- if only for the piano duel between 1900 and the Jazz pianist, Jelly Roll Morton (Clarence Williams III).

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 10:05:27 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

astroboy

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2022, 11:46:00 PM »
Great opening scene music from The Battle of Britain.

https://youtu.be/PqthvLXonBc?t=37

Inspector

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 04:03:09 AM »
From the musicals:

Oklahoma
Fiddler on the Roof
Wiccan
Les Miserables
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aletheuo137

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 07:39:31 AM »
What movie was that?
Concert at HIC. Now the Blaisdell.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 08:20:54 AM »
I think one of the movies where it wouldn't be quite the same without the music is "Apocalypse Now".

The opening song of "The End" by the Doors along with the twin rotor chop of the Hueys......

Also the "Flight of the Valkyries" music while the 1st Cav do their Air Assault on the village.

Actually all the songs in the movie gives it that eerie, on the edge feeling from start to finish.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 09:27:20 AM »
This music fits this movie so well