Range Karens (Read 1329 times)

robtmc

Range Karens
« on: April 20, 2022, 06:36:52 PM »
Went ot my local garbage dump, Manuka, on the BI today for some pre-mainland function checks.

Older guy (like me) on the left shooting .45 with his wife.

Fat haole with his buddy a good ways off on the right packing up.

Set up my folding bench, ready to go.  Guy on my left is packing up.   Fat guy starts hollering like he is the range officer that I am behind the firing line.

What farking firing line?  Guy and his wife are not shooting and are behind my muzzle.  There is not a line, just common sense and courtesy.

This is a garbage pit the democrats "allow" us to shoot in.  Now there are self appointed range officers?

Slob and his buddy leave. Guy next to me comes over and tells me about the Karen, apparently a real suppository for those that shoot there more often than I.  Tells of several run-ins with him trying to control things.   Wife is glad he left before I lost my temper.   I do not do well with being told what to do.

So much for "sanctioned' shooting areas on the BI, they got Karens to try to control things.  Told my new range friend, he is likely on the board of his HOA as well, to make sure everyone obeys the rules.

If I have to put up with this, give me a clean range, not self appointed egoists.

mrgaf

Re: Range Karens
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 07:21:51 PM »
Went ot my local garbage dump, Manuka, on the BI today for some pre-mainland function checks.

Older guy (like me) on the left shooting .45 with his wife.

Fat haole with his buddy a good ways off on the right packing up.

Set up my folding bench, ready to go.  Guy on my left is packing up.   Fat guy starts hollering like he is the range officer that I am behind the firing line.

What farking firing line?  Guy and his wife are not shooting and are behind my muzzle.  There is not a line, just common sense and courtesy.

This is a garbage pit the democrats "allow" us to shoot in.  Now there are self appointed range officers?

Slob and his buddy leave. Guy next to me comes over and tells me about the Karen, apparently a real suppository for those that shoot there more often than I.  Tells of several run-ins with him trying to control things.   Wife is glad he left before I lost my temper.   I do not do well with being told what to do.

So much for "sanctioned' shooting areas on the BI, they got Karens to try to control things.  Told my new range friend, he is likely on the board of his HOA as well, to make sure everyone obeys the rules.

If I have to put up with this, give me a clean range, not self appointed egoists.

Sheesh what an A-Hole! Would have loved to have been there and tell that pecker wood in my best New York City wise ass mout  to blow it out his ass and who died and left him in charge! I hate fuckers like that!  :grrr: >:D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

aieahound

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 10:15:08 PM »
I applaud your restraint Rob.

^
I sound like this way too often when encountering these type of people.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 05:08:27 PM by aieahound »

mrgaf

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 07:16:28 PM »
I applaud your restraint Rob.

^
I sound like this way too often when encountering these type of people.

Yup dats me!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

groveler

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 09:38:01 AM »
Just to share with everyone what BI ranges are

There is another off Saddle road that is just about as obscure
and one up the Mauna Kea access road.

Best to make friends with people that have property or leases.
 :shaka:

robtmc

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 11:29:13 AM »
I hear you about finding someone with land, but there is precious little of that on the west side. 

Too bad the video guy did not go up and record the actual shooting area.   
Also, DLNR has moved concrete barriers to block some of the alternate spots at Manuka. 

At least they bulldozed some clean space at MM16 on Saddle road.  Manuka remains full of trash.  Spotted a shot up lawn mower engine last time I was there

Tried to attach a Google earth shot of how it is now.  The red lines are me marking off 50, 100, 200 yards. Pickup backed up to the barriers,  So much trash you can see it from space.  Shooting behind those barriers is very noisy with the sound reflected back at you.  PITA to take your stuff beyond them, and if DLNR stops by they might have a fit.

groveler

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »
I hear you about finding someone with land, but there is precious little of that on the west side. 

Too bad the video guy did not go up and record the actual shooting area.   
Also, DLNR has moved concrete barriers to block some of the alternate spots at Manuka. 

At least they bulldozed some clean space at MM16 on Saddle road.  Manuka remains full of trash.  Spotted a shot up lawn mower engine last time I was there

Tried to attach a Google earth shot of how it is now.  The red lines are me marking off 50, 100, 200 yards. Pickup backed up to the barriers,  So much trash you can see it from space.  Shooting behind those barriers is very noisy with the sound reflected back at you.  PITA to take your stuff beyond them, and if DLNR stops by they might have a fit.
I found that video and mainly wanted to let the other guys here see
what we on the BI deal with, compared to what they have to deal with in a government run facility.
I can shoot on my property, but choose not to as I have animals that don't
react well to loud noises.  Chasing a #1400 heifer, her little sister, or a Donkey down is not fun.
In any event good shooting and remember only an idiot argues with an armed man in
the woods.
 :wave:.

aieahound

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 01:28:58 PM »
Thank you guys for the perspective.
From an Oahu boy. (Not necessarily Honolulu boy)