“I’m sorry, Dave…I can’t do that…” (Read 1470 times)

GlockNewb

“I’m sorry, Dave…I can’t do that…”
« on: September 02, 2022, 01:05:17 PM »

"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Flapp_Jackson

Re: “I’m sorry, Dave…I can’t do that…”
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 01:18:33 PM »
I saw that video.  The home thermostat story ties in well with the "Go buy an EV" answer to high gas prices.  Then CA issues an order that says "Stop charging your EV!  Our power grid can't handle it!!"

People say government is the only organization big enough to solve the biggest tasks/problems -- like sending men to the moon.

I submit that government is also the only group big enough to make these large problems even larger with their unproven, misguided, shortsighted "solutions."
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

GlockNewb

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 02:19:22 PM »
The home thermostat story ties in well with the "Go buy an EV" answer to high gas prices.  Then CA issues an order that says "Stop charging your EV!  Our power grid can't handle it!!"

Hence why I’ll never own any “smart” appliance.

The next grey market will be in analog devices.

ren

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 02:19:39 PM »
simple explanation to these problems...we have dumb people in charge. People we voted for because for their color of their hair, skin, identity, irrelevant beliefs.
Deeds Not Words

GlockNewb

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 02:35:00 PM »
simple explanation to these problems...we have dumb people in charge. People we voted for because for their color of their hair, skin, identity, irrelevant beliefs.

Tim Pool mentioned the quote attached…even Plato echoed our current sentiments

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 10:19:58 PM »
I saw that video.  The home thermostat story ties in well with the "Go buy an EV" answer to high gas prices.  Then CA issues an order that says "Stop charging your EV!  Our power grid can't handle it!!"

People say government is the only organization big enough to solve the biggest tasks/problems -- like sending men to the moon.

I submit that government is also the only group big enough to make these large problems even larger with their unproven, misguided, shortsighted "solutions."

It's frustrating how short sighted their green goals are. It is like they didn't even think this through at all. All electric in a few years without knowing about batter material issues, electrical grid issues, charge location issues, etc.

aletheuo137

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 05:51:15 AM »

It's frustrating how short sighted their green goals are. It is like they didn't even think this through at all. All electric in a few years without knowing about batter material issues, electrical grid issues, charge location issues, etc.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 08:37:15 AM »
-- Melvin Udall

Rocky

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2022, 12:08:20 PM »

Unfortunately, I can't find the one with a parking lot full of recharging stations all half submerged.  :crazy:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2022, 03:32:48 PM »
[Photos snipped]

Unfortunately, I can't find the one with a parking lot full of recharging stations all half submerged.  :crazy:

I hope this type of imagery drives the point home for Climate Change alarmists that a solution that doesn't work is not a solution.

It should also illustrate what many have been saying.  You can't charge an EV with rainbows and unicorn farts.  You need electricity.  Most electricity is generated by non-renewable means.  Refusing to stop and ponder that fact is why most of us see the irony in these stories whereas the Left and Climate activists must have it explained.
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2022, 05:25:53 PM »
These climate activists..... are they in the same group that can't define a woman?

I ask this because I'm trying really hard to understand them.  But if they are in that group that can't define a woman, then forget it.

One will never understand them.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

aletheuo137

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 05:27:50 PM »
These climate activists..... are they in the same group that can't define a woman?

I ask this because I'm trying really hard to understand them.  But if they are in that group that can't define a woman, then forget it.

One will never understand them.

aletheuo137

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 05:30:01 PM »

QUIETShooter

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 05:56:35 PM »

I tried to make a post explaining this exact thing.  The world will not be greener if every nook and cranny of the earth is jammed with turbines and solar panels.

Pictures indeed are worth a thousand words!! :thumbsup:

Climate activists are complete retard idiots or they are shrewd moneymakers. 
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 07:14:47 PM »
I hope this type of imagery drives the point home for Climate Change alarmists that a solution that doesn't work is not a solution.

It should also illustrate what many have been saying.  You can't charge an EV with rainbows and unicorn farts.  You need electricity.  Most electricity is generated by non-renewable means.  Refusing to stop and ponder that fact is why most of us see the irony in these stories whereas the Left and Climate activists must have it explained.

You are a Uni-phobe and a racist.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 10:22:16 PM »
You are a Uni-phobe and a racist.

Actually, I'm an equal opportunity truth-teller. 

If I think you're stupid and make poor choices, I'm not going to sugar coat it for anyone.

Nobody's perfect, but DAMN!  Some of these people take that saying as a challenge -- to see how far over the line they can operate without dying!
-- Melvin Udall