Time for new jeans (Read 4170 times)

changemyoil66

Time for new jeans
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:10:50 AM »
Been wearing Levi's for years.  Gonna switch to Wrangler now.

oldfart

Re: Time for new jeans
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:32:20 AM »
 :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

groveler

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »
Been wearing Levi's for years.  Gonna switch to Wrangler now.
I always bought Levis 501's  for the button fly.
I switched to USMC issue or Rothco US military clones
when Levis went overseas.
Dickies are good also. All button fly.

rklapp

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
Costco FTW!

Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

RSN172

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 10:39:41 AM »
Kirkland Jeans were being made by Lee.  Don't know if that is still the case.  I don’t use jeans, but other types of work pants.  Whatever is available at Savers.  So far I like Dockers the best.  I like buying work pants for $6-8 with an additional 30% off that if I shop on Tuesdays.  Senior discount day.

bass monkey

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
I use Kirkland, didn't know they were made by levi

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »
I tried to verify who makes Kirkland stuff.

About 2-3 years ago, they made a change in the style and quality.  Apparently, the jeans no longer resemble Levis as closely as the previous ones did.

At what Costco sells them for, I can't see Levi making them.  Sometimes Costco buys warehouses of stock or material, then rebrands or uses the material to have their products produced by other-than-name-brand makers.

In order for Costco to rename a name-brand item as Kirkland, there has to be materially substantive differences, or they risk lawsuits.  I know they had a falling out with Sony in the TV department.  From the looks of it, Samsung isn't playing well with them anymore either.

Basically, unless you can find factual information on who really makes their jeans, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.  They could be buying the Egyptian cotton, fasteners and thread from the same suppliers as Levi and having the same factories in Mexico run them on the same machines with the same workers as Levi uses.  That doesn't make them Levis..
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
Wranglers are good. I usually buy the Kirkland brand.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Bushido

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »
Red Kap double knee. https://www.redkap.com/Products/Details/547311 . You can thank me later.

oldfart

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
Kirkland Jeans were being made by Lee.  Don't know if that is still the case.  I don’t use jeans, but other types of work pants.  Whatever is available at Savers.  So far I like Dockers the best.  I like buying work pants for $6-8 with an additional 30% off that if I shop on Tuesdays.  Senior discount day.
Dockers is Levi
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
I'm still waiting for the Patagonia steel forge jeans to go on sale. Made in USA with American grown cotton and carries the ironclad guarantee. You can color in the tag with a black permanent marker so the knuckle draggers at work don't make fun of your "fancy pants"
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

RSN172

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »
Dockers is Levi

Levi is not getting my money.  I am buying these used from Savers.  Levi got their money from whoever bought it new.  I have not bought new pants for over 20 years.  Not when I can get almost new ones for $6-8.

RSN172

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »
I use Kirkland, didn't know they were made by levi

My research found Kirkland was being made by Lee, not Levi.  But this was several years ago.  Don’t know if it is still the case.  So many companies are intertwined with other companies that you can’t tell who is ultimately getting your money anymore, unless you buy um used like me.  If you buy used, whoever you are buying it from is getting your money.  The manufacturer already got their money from the original purchaser.

mauiblue

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »
Walmart jeans are good. For $12 they are well made, fits well, and lasts long.

Sent from my coconut frond hut using Tapatalk