Hawaii Hunter Education Classes (Read 61857 times)

digital808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "Lose $$$$"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hawaii Hunter Education Classes
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »
Does anyone know what the minimum hunting age is in Hawaii? i've heard everything from 10 years to 15 years old. my son is 11 and if that is old enough i would like to get the ball rolling.

My son is 10 now and we both took the course and passed today!  I also took the handgun safety course first but I figure I might as well take the Hunters Ed course too!  The min age for kids is 10yrs old for Hunters Ed!

Jl808

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
I got lucky and was able to get in as a stand-by for the always-fully-booked classes offered by DLNR this week.

I can't say enough good things about DLNR's Hunter's Education program and highly recommend it.  I went in expecting to just get a hunters license and came away with a deep appreciation for animal habitat and wildlife conservation work in Hawaii by hunters and folks in the DLNR.

I encourage those here who are into firearms to check out the Hunters Ed program.

To get a standby seat, go at 2:00 or 2:30 pm of the first day of a booked class and wait till 4:30pm to get on the standby list. If enough people don't show up, you will be able to get in as long as here are seats available in the classroom.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Kanakamaoli23

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
I got lucky and was able to get in as a stand-by for the always-fully-booked classes offered by DLNR this week.

I can't say enough good things about DLNR's Hunter's Education program and highly recommend it.  I went in expecting to just get a hunters license and came away with a deep appreciation for animal habitat and wildlife conservation work in Hawaii by hunters and folks in the DLNR.

I encourage those here who are into firearms to check out the Hunters Ed program.

To get a standby seat, go at 2:00 or 2:30 pm of the first day of a booked class and wait till 4:30pm to get on the standby list. If enough people don't show up, you will be able to get in as long as here are seats available in the classroom.

This.  :thumbsup:

stangzilla

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
registered for december class.   :geekdanc:

redryderbb

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 08:24:27 PM »
If you can go earlier and can't wait until December, just go there early on the first class being held and stand in line for stand-by.  If you get into the class on stand-by make sure to cancel your December registration for others to attend. :shaka:   

stangzilla

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »
If you can go earlier and can't wait until December, just go there early on the first class being held and stand in line for stand-by.  If you get into the class on stand-by make sure to cancel your December registration for others to attend. :shaka:

thanks for the info.   :shaka:
but I'll probably end up waiting till december.
I'm usually working on the days of the class,
but december I'm taking the day off to go to the class.

Jl808

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 07:58:04 AM »
registered for december class.   :geekdanc:

Nice!  Congrats!  You'll have a great time!

stangzilla

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 03:57:48 PM »
Nice!  Congrats!  You'll have a great time!

thanks
I want to get into some pig hunting by next year.   ;D

digital808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "Lose $$$$"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
Don't forget to pay attention....there's a test at the end of the course!  If my 10yr old son can pass the test....there's no excuse for us adults to pass LMAO!

stangzilla

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 07:58:50 AM »
Don't forget to pay attention....there's a test at the end of the course!  If my 10yr old son can pass the test....there's no excuse for us adults to pass LMAO!

:shaka:

paulb3

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
Min age is 10 to take the test.

hnl.flyboy

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 12:41:56 AM »
Someone told me this no longer counts for handgun permit to acquire.  Is this true?
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

FPC, SAF Life, HDF Life, GOA, HRA, Fun Factory VIP

s15project

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 07:32:37 AM »
Someone told me this no longer counts for handgun permit to acquire.  Is this true?

Was still good on 11/27.  I was registering a lower while someone else was applying for a permit for a pistol with their hunter's ed card.

aieahound

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »
That might have been me.
Yeah they still accept it as of last Wednesday.

K30l4

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 02:11:27 PM »

Any updates to this?

stangzilla

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
Any updates to this?

at the class this past weekend, it still counts.

they took all the standbys.
looked to be at least 20-30 people standby. 
class was crowded.
but I learned some things.
good class overall.

Jl808

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
Congrats on getting your hunter's badge, stangzilla.

For gun guys that took a handgun safety class:  the Hunter's Education classes is really a different animal (pun intended).  It covers a whole slew of topics not covered in the handgun safety class and is highly recommended!

kkt

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 02:04:32 PM »

Just applied for a permit with my card, still accepting as of 12/19/13.

zippz

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »
I attended the Nimitz class lastnight and there were 25 registered and 25 standby's waiting in line.  There were 50 seats so everyone was able to attend.  There were a lot of small children taking the class and there were about 20% women in the class.  Instructors were good and entertaining.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Jl808

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
Awesome!