SB2495 Status Feed: Concealed Carry License (Read 14174 times)

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
SB2495 Status Feed: Concealed Carry License
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:46:56 AM »
Measure Title:RELATING TO FIREARMS.
Report Title:Concealed Carry License
Description:Requires chiefs of police to issue five-year renewable licenses to carry a concealed firearm to those who meet eligibility requirements. Strictly prohibits carrying concealed firearms under certain circumstances. Establishes fees, a portion of which shall be deposited into the domestic violence and sexual assault special fund.
Companion:
Package:None
Current Referral:PSM/JGO, WAM
Introducer(s):SLOM, Gabbard, Hemmings, Nishihara

1/22/10 SB2495: Introduced.
22 January 2010, 3:00 am

1/22/10 SB2495: Senate Status Update

Source: SB2495 Status Feed

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:01:41 PM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
1/25/10 SB2495: Referred to PSM/JGO, WAM.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:46:56 AM »
1/25/10 SB2495: Referred to PSM/JGO, WAM.
25 January 2010, 3:00 am

1/25/10 SB2495: Senate Status Update

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:10:11 AM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
1/25/10 SB2495: Passed First Reading.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:46:56 AM »
1/25/10 SB2495: Passed First Reading.
25 January 2010, 3:00 am

1/25/10 SB2495: Senate Status Update

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:10:25 AM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

tonsofguns

Re: SB2495 Status Feed: Concealed Carry License
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:57:56 AM »
Any updates on this ?

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:33:20 AM »
There won't be any updates until at least January, when the 2011 legislative session starts up.
I am not a lawyer.

Old Guy

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »
What is needed is Women to testify.

When HPD says to call 911, the women should ask HPD where were they when Lisa Au was kidnapped, raped and killed?

Where were thay when Diane Suzuki disappeared?

Where were they whe Gizou Li disappeared?

I asked those questions at one hearing, if looks could kill, I be dead from the looks HPD gave me.

Women Need CCW because carry a COP 24/7 is too Heavy.

don't get my Wife started on this one......

Antithesis

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 10:41:25 AM »
^ would your wife be willing to testify?  Once we get one woman who can spearhead it, it might be easier to get more women on board. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:48:59 AM by Antithesis »
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Jesse

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »
Would the proposed revision of this law, possibly be the way ahead for a more fair canceled carry law in Hawaii for the average person?  Thanks

Dregs

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »
Would the proposed revision of this law, possibly be the way ahead for a more fair canceled carry law in Hawaii for the average person?  Thanks

I had to read that several times before I came to the conclusion that you meant to say "concealed" carry law. lol.

Come on January!

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 07:08:52 AM »

The bill is for changing the current "may issue" system over to a "shall issue" system. IMHO it is a good bill and would be a great change for Hawaii. The problem is that it doesn't even get heard so we citizens can't provide testimony. I think that means we'd have to meet with our State Senators to discuss getting it heard.
I am not a lawyer.

Old Guy

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
If you want it heard, you have to find out where it is and why it got stuck there.

Then you have to find a "friendly" Senator on the committee to get it out.   See what I'm saying?

Remember the LEO coalition doesn't want this to happen, THEY will be lobbying Against it.

No doubt they already have their Wish List and legislators willing to push their agenda. 

Do you know whose on our side willing to push it?

"Good" laws just don't happen.

kaneohegrown

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »
Haven't really looked at this since Oct of last year.... Who or what is the PSM/JGO, WAM? Anyone we can write to (other than our House/Senate reps) to get this moving again?

"Current Referral:   PSM/JGO, WAM"

bpries

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
Haven't really looked at this since Oct of last year.... Who or what is the PSM/JGO, WAM? Anyone we can write to (other than our House/Senate reps) to get this moving again?

"Current Referral:   PSM/JGO, WAM"

I did a google search and came up with this:

COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY AND GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

Senator Brian T. Taniguchi, Chair

COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC SAFETY AND MILITARY AFFAIRS

Senator Will Espero, Chair

Senator Robert Bunda, Vice Chair
Senator Dwight Y. Takamine, Vice Chair

COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS

Senator David Y. Ige, Chair

Senator Michelle Kidani, Vice Chair

bass monkey

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »
So what can i do to help this along, or not going have any updates until Jan?

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 04:27:51 AM »
If you can get in good with your reps, you might be able to persuade them. Otherwise, the legislative session will open in January, we'll need to convince the committes to put it up for vote, and our individual reps to vote for it.
I am not a lawyer.

230RN

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 06:32:19 AM »
Colorado has a "Volunteer Lobbyist" setup, where you register with the Clerk of the House as one.  This allows you to get into the Legislature buildings and talk directly with your reps, sens.

Call the clerk of your house to see if there's a similar program in Hawaii.

Terry, 230RN
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

Bacon

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
SB2495 is now dead. Senators Sam Slom and Malama Solomon have reintroduced a similar bill which is up for consideration in 2012: SB835.

They have also introduced a similar bill for open carrry: SB836.

Both have been referred to PGM/JDL, WAM (Public Safety, Government Operations, and Military Affairs; Judiciary and Labor; and Ways and Means). The Chairs and Vice Chairs of these Committees are as follows:

PGM - Chair: Will Espero, Vice Chair: Michelle Kidani

JDL - Chair: Clayton Hee, Vice Chair: Maile Shimabukuro

WAM - Chair: David Ige, Vice Chair: Michelle Kidani (yes, she vice chairs PGM and WAM)

Please send in letters and emails to the Senators listed above (as well as your own Senator/Representative) when the 2012 session starts up in January. When you write in, remember that snail mail is usually given greater consideration than email.

This is a pivotal piece of legistation. We can make this happen if we all write in and show our support for this bill.

boneman01

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
Any update from the current legislative session?  I'm planning to move back to the state soon and would be more eager if things were a little more friendly to the second amendment.  Also, excuse my ignorance, but are there any constitutional cases in the works from Hawaii that might affect some of these draconian laws?  I know the governor is not friendly to the pro-freedom lobby, but there must be someone in government carrying the flag.  I know it can be a pain, but if someone could put out the names and addresses of some of the key players in the legislature it might help getting people to contact them.  Just a thought.  Thanks.

Dregs

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 08:02:19 AM »
http://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=1825.0

^ that's our flagship at the moment. Spear-heded by Chris Baker and a trio of lawyers.