Xring - can't shoot .380 (Read 12286 times)

Hangten

Xring - can't shoot .380
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
So I wanted to go shoot at Xring and called to be sure they were open this evening. I just happened to ask if they had .380 ammo and they said they were out of it. My next question was could I shoot mine then?
They said no.

So I've paid a two membership fees (myself and a family member)and can't use the range because they are out of ammo.

That is just wrong

Platinum808

Re: Xring - can't shoot .380
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »
That sucks

Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

Inspector

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
So I wanted to go shoot at Xring and called to be sure they were open this evening. I just happened to ask if they had .380 ammo and they said they were out of it. My next question was could I shoot mine then?
They said no.

So I've paid a two membership fees (myself and a family member)and can't use the range because they are out of ammo.

That is just wrong
Well, I guess that answers my question as to what would happen if I came to their range with a pistol they don’t carry ammo for.  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Nostayhome

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »
Seems kind of unfair if they’re the ones that don’t have the ammo.

Inspector

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 08:52:00 PM »
They said no.

That is just wrong
They should seriously let you shoot your own ammo. Or maybe add a month to your membership. They should somehow reimburse you. Poor business practice.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

zhuzhits

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 10:23:03 PM »
Pretty lame. Not unexpected from them though.  :wtf:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 01:49:54 AM »
Personally, I would demand a refund for my membership fees for the remaining unused portion.

Seems like a breach of contract if they can't provide the ammo they require you to use.

Maybe that's just me, though.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 04:51:02 AM »
Apparently their business model does not depend on your (local) business to survive.
That is why I do not shoot there even though I can drive there in 2 minutes.
What, Me Worry?

BaboonsFeet

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 08:51:16 AM »
I was gonna shoot there once after I got my membership. I asked how much for the cheapest box of 9mm was and they said between $20-$23 a box for 115 grain. I was like wut??? I buy them for half that price. I walked out.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 11:09:14 AM »
Apparently their business model does not depend on your (local) business to survive.
That is why I do not shoot there even though I can drive there in 2 minutes.

The cost is always justified if the value you receive is worth it in your opinion.

I decided against joining because:

(1) the ammo requirements are too restrictive,

(2) the ammo cost is higher than I think is warranted,

(3) the management made no attempt to hide the fact they were turning the range into a "clique" hang-out -- if you were "in" you'd get price breaks. If not, you pay whatever they say.

(4) some of the costs weren't well detailed, giving them the ability to change the rules after you joined, and

(5) did the people on this forum who wrote letters to help them get approval to operate ever get their promised "consideration?"  Last I read here, they never did.

I'm much closer to X-Ring than any other range (Mililani), so the convenience would be worth a premium.  But, the value just isn't there for the amount of cash up front they are demanding.

JMHO.  YMMV.
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 12:38:18 PM »
Ask them if they can special order and hold the ammo for you.  It takes a while for ammo to come in so do this way ahead of time.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 09:17:17 AM »
I do understand the possible liability issues when shooting your own ammo.  But if many mainland ranges allow it, then it shouldn't be that bad. 

Maybe charge a little more for the monthly/usage for those who do want to shoot their own ammo?

Due to the cost, I do not shoot there.  I rather go to HFR.  You don't have to take a class to draw from holster OWB or IWB.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »
I do understand the possible liability issues when shooting your own ammo.  But if many mainland ranges allow it, then it shouldn't be that bad. 

Maybe charge a little more for the monthly/usage for those who do want to shoot their own ammo?

Due to the cost, I do not shoot there.  I rather go to HFR.  You don't have to take a class to draw from holster OWB or IWB.

The ranges I visited on the mainland had no problem with you bringing your own commercially produced ammo.  As long as it was new factory ammo and not reloads, and in some cases not made with steel tipped bullets (they used a magnet to check), they were okay with outside ammo.  They reserved the right to inspect and reject your ammo before entering the range.

Regardless of ammo origin, they all required you to sweep up your brass and deposit in a bucket for them to sell or reload.  That was one way of offsetting their costs without forcing you to buy their ammo.
-- Melvin Udall

rustyeleio

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 11:47:02 PM »
I've wondered about that possible issue.  Nice to know.  That seems wrong since it is 100% their fault and their problem for running out of a pretty common round.  :wtf:

Trumper

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
So after paying membership one has to purchase a range fee too? And if you want to draw from a holster you have to pay for that? Can you bring in your own holster?

WTF?Shane

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 08:48:30 PM »
Can you bring in your own holster?

I think there's a small fee for that too.  :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »

I wouldn't doubt it in the future.  "Our holsters we know are safe (non SERPA)."

ren

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 05:16:03 PM »

but I wrote in support of the range ???
Deeds Not Words

O3A3man

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »
I know it is a liability concern with handloaded ammo. If you have a blow up it could injure adjacent shooters. They should consider giving you additional time on your contract and or bringing some 380 in for you from another dealer if the criteria is you must buy from them and you will be paying retail price anyway. I can see that the business model is to make money on the ammo sales but customer service should be first. I'm just putting in my 2 cents as Hawaii is small and a bad experience spreads fast.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"

Thomas Jefferson

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 11:56:56 AM »
As I said, if that happened to me, I'd cancel my membership and demand a prorated refund.

How can they legally charge you a membership with the mandate you buy ammo there, then deny
you the ability to use the facility simply because they don't have the ammo you need in stock?

They are stealing your money, plain and simple.

How about I charge people an annual fee to ride my unicorn?  When they show up, I'll just say the unicorn is sleeping -- come back tomorrow.
-- Melvin Udall