Hawaii's own "Cheaper than Dirt" ???? (Read 21264 times)

stangzilla

Re: Hawaii's own "Cheaper than Dirt" ????
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2020, 08:01:21 AM »
Ye who shalt not stockpile shall suffer unto the price gouging
-prepper economics 101  :D

if I were to sell something in these times, I wouldn't price gouge.  that's just me.  price would be the same as if I were selling it without the panic buying.  i'm never about making a profit anyway, I'm not a business
I do realize prices will go up bc increasing demand and limited supply.  but I don't agree with gouging prices. 

oldfart

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2020, 08:11:25 AM »
If you are running around trying to buy toilet paper, food, water, guns and ammunition now, it's too late.

What, Me Worry?

passivekinetic

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2020, 08:27:48 AM »
If you are running around trying to buy toilet paper, food, water, guns and ammunition now, it's too late.

One can always top up. Like with gas. Always keep it filled if possible but you still need to top up.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

drck1000

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 08:40:17 AM »
if I were to sell something in these times, I wouldn't price gouge.  that's just me.  price would be the same as if I were selling it without the panic buying.  i'm never about making a profit anyway, I'm not a business
I do realize prices will go up bc increasing demand and limited supply.  but I don't agree with gouging prices.
Agreed.  I've given away ammo to friends who were caught on the short end.  I have a couple friends who are looking to have a little better "margin" on their stock, so would sell to them at cost, or at least what I remember I bought it for.  Have a few group texts going with sort of an ammo exchange.  See what one needs and there's usually someone who can help.  That's what's awesome about the 2a community.

That said, I understand the business approach and supply and limited demand.  I can definitely understand reasonable price increases in times like this.  Same with premium for people who are willing to sell what they have, especially in times like this.  However, there's definitely a point of obvious gouging. . .

drck1000

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »
I don't run. . .  :rofl:

hvybarrels

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2020, 09:02:06 AM »
If you are not going to take preparedness seriously until it is too late, then you had better learn to enjoy the taste of vampire junk
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

oldfart

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2020, 09:14:26 AM »
I don't run. . .  :rofl:
========
me neither, old knee and foot injuries. :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

WTF?Shane

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2020, 09:39:55 AM »
If you are not going to take preparedness seriously until it is too late, then you had better learn to enjoy the taste of vampire junk
[/b]

Wait... what?

hvybarrels

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2020, 09:40:58 AM »
I could have tried a more g rated way to say it, but that would mean work
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Inspector

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2020, 12:15:51 PM »
I know I'm a moderator, but...  discuss.......... ???
X-Ring price gouges? No way! I don’t believe it.  :rofl:

I was one of the original letter writers for X-Ring to build their range. Was offered a discount on membership. They lied and did not keep their word. This is all very much documented on this forum. I stopped doing business with them after that.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

changemyoil66

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2020, 01:02:18 PM »
X-Ring price gouges? No way! I don’t believe it.  :rofl:

I was one of the original letter writers for X-Ring to build their range. Was offered a discount on membership. They lied and did not keep their word. This is all very much documented on this forum. I stopped doing business with them after that.

I wasn't into the culture when this happened.  But I did go there to buy an item since I was in the area.  Told I need to pay for a membership.  No thanks.  Not like they're low prices like Costco where paying for a membership is worth it.

19pontiac79

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2020, 01:16:45 PM »
Haven't been to xring since Brian left. Any body know where he ended up?
"if can. Can. If no can. No can" - Uncles 😆
"Why? The ring no block the hole." - Uncle's 😘
"You can throw a rock any distance and you will hit a double standard. = LIFE" 🤷🏽‍♂️

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2020, 01:28:05 PM »
I went there once about a year before the range was announced.  I was looking around, and asked about the Mosin they had on display.  It looked like a pig hunter had abused it, and didn't have any "collector-interesting" markings.

He wanted $150 more than I could get a rearsenaled ("refurbished" by the Soviets) 91/30 including all shipping, transfer and return shipping costs if I felt the rifle  wasn't as advertised.

I also asked about transfers.  I believe I was quoted $80 for the first and $30 for each additional firearm in the same purchase.

Never went back, even though driving to Waipahu from my home is super convenient compared to KHSC.

What turned me off of the range memberships was how they were offering discounts to their friends and family, but jacking the price sky high for everyone else.

Their business, so their policies.  BUT .... MY MONEY!   :thumbsup:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

jc2721

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »
Same with premium for people who are willing to sell what they have, especially in times like this.  However, there's definitely a point of obvious gouging. . .
Check out Armslist for the $2500 S&W M&P15, the guy has 2 for sale at that price.  Makes me want to raise my prices...yes Mac, it always ends up being about me >:D

aieahound

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2020, 04:32:10 PM »
Check out Armslist for the $2500 S&W M&P15, the guy has 2 for sale at that price.  Makes me want to raise my prices...yes Mac, it always ends up being about me >:D

Check out Brad Pitt’s last speech.

America is not a country, it’s a business.
And his shit about Thomas Jefferson.
All Men are Created Equal, but he let his kids work as slaves..... ( true or not, I don’t know)
Wrote some powerful words because he didn’t like being taxed by the British, to let the the rabble fight and die while he drank his wine. ( paraphrased)

Note: this does not reflect my personal views just observations that might make a little sense.
You want to know my personal views. Let’s have have a few beers or your cocktail of choice.  :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:40:48 AM by aieahound »

spicynoodle_1

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2020, 05:59:38 AM »

And you know who's gonna pay that insane price... someone who is not informed. Your feeding on the fact that they dont know any better and you see it as an opportunity to swindle them. The whole gouging thing is not a question of legality. It's not illegal for you to take advantage of these people. The gouging thing a morality thing. Capitalism is great, but business ethics is something that is a person/business practices when opting to be morally sound, pono or righteous. You can easily sell you ammo at even a slightly higher price than you got it for, but nearly double the going rate? Geez...

But whatever helps you sleep at night...

groveler

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2020, 07:58:00 AM »
I wear a really nice carbon fiber Knee brace that the VA provided me.
I don't run much either.
I normally keep a six month supply of toilet paper stashed away.
When that  runs out  look up "Family cloths" and I can make a lot of Bleach.
I'm one of those "Prepper"  types.

oldfart

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2020, 08:45:46 AM »
XRing is literally 2 minutes from my house and I don't go there.
That's all I have to say about that.
What, Me Worry?

jc2721

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2020, 10:48:44 AM »
You can easily sell you ammo at even a slightly higher price than you got it for, but nearly double the going rate? Geez...

OK, put up or shut up...how much 9mm, 5.56, and SD loads are you selling at cost or slightly higher?

aieahound

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
First I just wanna say that jc is a solid guy.

And second, I bought a $400 lower receiver during the Sandy Hook fiasco when it looked like the ban was imminent and there was no stock on hand.
I had too many uppers and not enough lowers.
I knew what I was doing and made the conscious choice. Nice billet Black Rain lower though so not ridiculously overpriced at the time, but definitely overpriced.
Still glad I did and still own it.

Sometimes, when you need/want it, you’re willing to pay the price and grateful to get it.
I’ll never be caught in that same situation again though. (Hopefully)

For some reason I think it would be different for retailers though, especially if they are selling stock on hand.
Different if they’re buying new stock to get product in stock from suppliers who jacked the price.