Contact YOUR State Legislators, please! (Read 2444 times)

FunWithPaul

Contact YOUR State Legislators, please!
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
The four newest "gun control" bills have advanced and will be heard on the House and Senate floors.

PLEASE read the bills, and contact YOUR Legislator to voice your opinion.

Find YOUR Legislator here:
https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/findleg.aspx?street=Enter%20Street%20Name

Bill information:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20200701/hawaii-anti-gun-bills-eligible-for-the-floor

House Bill 1902  prohibits the manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of magazines capable of holding more than ten rounds. Possession of magazines acquired prior to the ban will remain legal, but will be prohibited from any transfer other than inheritance.
HB 1902 was passed with amendments by the Senate Judiciary Committee on June 30 and will soon be eligible for a vote on the Senate floor.
2/27/2020   H   Passed Third Reading as amended in HD 2 with Representative(s) Hashimoto, Kitagawa, McKelvey voting aye with reservations; Representative(s) Aquino, Cullen, DeCoite, Eli, Gates, Har, D. Kobayashi, Kong, Matsumoto, McDermott, Okimoto, Quinlan, Say, Tokioka, Ward, Yamane voting no (16) and Representative(s) Cabanilla Arakawa excused (1). Transmitted to Senate.
6/30/2020   S   The committee(s) on JDC recommend(s) that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes in JDC were as follows: 4 Aye(s): Senator(s) K. Rhoads, J.Keohokalole, Kim; Aye(s) with reservations: Senator(s) Gabbard ; 1 No(es): Senator(s) Fevella; and 0 Excused: none.

House Bill 2744 places severe restrictions on certain firearm parts in an effort to ban home built firearms.  The language is vague and overly broad as to what can subject a person to felony penalties. It fails to recognize that prohibited persons cannot lawfully possess any firearm, whether home built or produced by a licensed manufacturer. Additionally, the bill uses your tax dollars to create a commission to research “gun violence.” While the NRA does not oppose objective research, this is likely to produce biased advocacy instead of sound science.
HB 2744 was passed with amendments by the Senate Judiciary Committee on June 25 and will soon be eligible for a vote on the Senate floor.
2/27/2020   H   Passed Third Reading with Representative(s) DeCoite, Har, Matsumoto, Ward voting aye with reservations; Representative(s) Eli, Kong, McDermott, Okimoto, Say, Tokioka voting no (6) and Representative(s) Cabanilla Arakawa excused (1). Transmitted to Senate.
6/25/2020   S   The committee(s) on JDC recommend(s) that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes in JDC were as follows: 4 Aye(s): Senator(s) K. Rhoads, J.Keohokalole, Kim; Aye(s) with reservations: Senator(s) Gabbard ; 1 No(es): Senator(s) Fevella; and 0 Excused: none.

Senate Bill 3054 SD 2 requires individuals to provide notice of permanent removal of a firearm outside the state with the registering county within five days.
SB 3054 was passed with amendments by the House Public Safety and Judiciary Committees on June 24 and will soon be eligible for a vote on the Senate floor.
3/3/2020   S   Report Adopted; Passed Third Reading, as amended (SD 2). Ayes, 23; Aye(s) with reservations: none. Noes, 2 (Senator(s) Fevella, Riviere). Excused, 0 (none). Transmitted to House.
7/1/2020   H   Passed Third Reading with Representative(s) Aquino, Cullen, Gates, Hashimoto, Holt, McKelvey, San Buenaventura, Todd voting aye with reservations; Representative(s) DeCoite, Eli, Har, Kitagawa, Kong, Matsumoto, McDermott, Okimoto, Quinlan, Say, Tokioka, Ward, Yamane voting no (13) and none excused (0). Transmitted to Senate.

Senate Bill 2635 SD 2 requires anyone wishing to buy ammunition to provide proof of firearm registration for the particular caliber of purchase. The owner of a firearm may also designate an alternate person who, after fingerprinting and a background check, will be issued a permit to purchase ammunition for that firearm. Regulates ammunition in the same manner as firearms.
SB 2635 was passed with amendments by the House Public Safety and Judiciary Committees on June 24 and has been referred to the Finance Committee for further consideration. 
3/3/2020   S   Report Adopted; Passed Third Reading, as amended (SD 2). Ayes, 23; Aye(s) with reservations: none. Noes, 2 (Senator(s) Fevella, Riviere). Excused, 0 (none). Transmitted to House.
6/25/2020   H   Passed Second Reading as amended in HD 1 and referred to the committee(s) on FIN with
Representative(s) Aquino, Cachola, Creagan, Cullen, Gates, Hashimoto, Holt, Kitagawa, McKelvey, San Buenaventura, Thielen, Todd, Yamane voting aye with reservations;
Representative(s) DeCoite, Eli, Har, Kong, Matsumoto, McDermott, Okimoto, Quinlan, Say, Tokioka, Ward voting no (11) and Representative(s) Cabanilla Arakawa, Matayoshi excused (2).

stangzilla

Re: Contact YOUR State Legislators, please!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 11:51:50 AM »
Done yesterday already

ren

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 12:06:47 PM »
I'll contact them next election...when I DON'T VOTE FOR THEM
#AnybodyButTheseLegislators
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 12:46:32 PM »
Did a few days ago.

Specter01

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 12:57:13 PM »
Done. Only Mike Gabbard responded, thanking me for the message--after maybe several straight submissions.
USMC 2000 - 2020

mrgaf

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »
“ Senate Bill 3054 SD 2 requires individuals to provide notice of permanent removal of a firearm outside the state with the registering county within five days.”

They can kiss my ass! If I decide to leave this rock and take/ship my guns to a “free state” It’s none of their business...... :rofl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 06:06:53 PM »
“ Senate Bill 3054 SD 2 requires individuals to provide notice of permanent removal of a firearm outside the state with the registering county within five days.”

They can kiss my ass! If I decide to leave this rock and take/ship my guns to a “free state” It’s none of their business...... :rofl:

Extradition?   :rofl: :rofl:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Heavies

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 07:29:18 PM »
Done. Only Mike Gabbard responded, thanking me for the message--after maybe several straight submissions.

Is anyone running against him?  This backstabber needs to be fired.

mrgaf

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

mrgaf

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 07:43:59 PM »
Done!

Specter01

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 07:48:41 PM »

Is anyone running against him?  This backstabber needs to be fired.

I don't think so. He's a career politician like Souki, part of the old guard.  I neither trust nor like political dynasties. That's right; I don't like Tulsi either. She's a grabber.
USMC 2000 - 2020

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 09:34:30 PM »

Permanently move. So if u plan on coming back in say 40 years, no need report to hpd.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blastoff747

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 12:22:39 AM »
Permanently move. So if u plan on coming back in say 40 years, no need report to hpd.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No officer I'm coming back to be buried.  :thumbsup:

6716J

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »
they need to define "permanent". And after that, "readily". Until then they can go pound crushed silica based igneous material up their rectal cavity.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

groveler

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »
In this state you may as well scream at a rock.
Democrats toe the party line, that is it.
You are not dealing with normal human beings.
Best that you figure out how to survive their
Dystopia.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 04:02:31 PM »
they need to define "permanent". And after that, "readily". Until then they can go pound crushed silica based igneous material up their rectal cavity.

Making laws ambiguous is one way the legislature makes the laws "self enforcing".

If you don't want to get caught over the line, you err on the side of caution.  Nobody wants to be the first test case.

NORMALLY, ambiguous laws are decided by the courts in the defendant's favor, but only after the financial and personal damage is done.

Then again, Hawaii, isn't "normal" ...   :crazy:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall