the return of the King!!! (Read 4541 times)

stangzilla

the return of the King!!!
« on: January 09, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
Colt King Cobra that is.   ;)

https://colt.com/detail-page/king-cobra-357

I might have to get one to go with my new Colt Cobra 38sp.  if its the same trigger, hell yeah I'll get one!   :geekdanc:

19pontiac79

Re: the return of the King!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »
I like the price point that they are bringing these back at.  Too bad i'm in the middle of a purge to buy some parts for a truck I just bought :oops:
"if can. Can. If no can. No can" - Uncles 😆
"Why? The ring no block the hole." - Uncle's 😘
"You can throw a rock any distance and you will hit a double standard. = LIFE" 🤷🏽‍♂️

Heavies

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:53:36 PM »
Food for thought... 2:05...

stangzilla

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 05:32:26 PM »
Food for thought... 2:05...

I think i'll hold off on the King Cobra and wait for the Python!!!!   :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:59 AM »
When I first got into guns, I was at HFR and my friend there showed me a "unicorn" that came into the store.  It was a Python.  But I was a noob so I didn't know heads from tails.  And I never asked him what's so special about it.

So what's so good about the Python? 

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »
When I first got into guns, I was at HFR and my friend there showed me a "unicorn" that came into the store.  It was a Python.  But I was a noob so I didn't know heads from tails.  And I never asked him what's so special about it.

So what's so good about the Python?

stangzilla

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 09:56:32 AM »
I've only shot a Python once. Maybe 50 rounds. I remember the trigger was very good and it felt very smooth to shoot in DA.
For me, a Python is more of an iconic revolver to add to my collection. But the new ones probably wont be as good as the old ones. Hope it's not too expensive but will most likely be more than the king Cobra which retails for $899
In my top revolvers I would want, the Python would be behind the Manurhin and Korth

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 10:05:39 AM »
Watched the 1st few mins (at work, so youtube is limited).  So is the big deal because the gun is "smooth".

Was this the gun that many LE were issued?  Like Carl in Die Hard.

Heavies

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 11:50:46 AM »
Watched the 1st few mins (at work, so youtube is limited).  So is the big deal because the gun is "smooth".

A smooth, even, double action pull is a thing to behold.  If a double action is smooth all the way through, no stacking, and breaks at the same point every pull, it makes it easy to shoot accurately.   

Heavies

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 11:53:34 AM »
On the hank strange vid, the reps answer at 2:05 is why I posted.  Pretty much, yeah well take your money, but "no comment" on your 2A rights.

I dunno. It rubs me the wrong way. 

Plenty other companies in hank's vid say they will support 2A. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 12:19:50 PM »

When LE agencies switched from .38 to .357, the Colt Python became the firearm of choice.

Colt said they'd never be able to sell that Python today, because cost to produce the same quality firearm would be cost-prohibitive.

... the Colt Python was intended for the premium revolver market segment. Some firearm collectors and writers such as
Jeff Cooper, Ian V. Hogg, Chuck Hawks, Leroy Thompson, Scott Wolber, Renee Smeets and Martin Dougherty have described
the Python as the finest production revolver ever made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Python
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 12:27:56 PM »
I guess I haven't shot any type of revolver since I became a gun owner in 2016 and have better fundamentals now than I did prior to.

I'll look into shooting one just to see how they compare to non-revolver handguns.

stangzilla

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 02:49:40 PM »
On the hank strange vid, the reps answer at 2:05 is why I posted.  Pretty much, yeah well take your money, but "no comment" on your 2A rights.

I dunno. It rubs me the wrong way. 

Plenty other companies in hank's vid say they will support 2A.

Ok. I heard that too. Wrong answer.   >:(

stangzilla

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 02:54:35 PM »
I guess I haven't shot any type of revolver since I became a gun owner in 2016 and have better fundamentals now than I did prior to.

I'll look into shooting one just to see how they compare to non-revolver handguns.

Be careful, you might like it and then you have to get one or two.  :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 09:42:06 AM »

Be careful, you might like it and then you have to get one or two.  :shaka:

Getting a revolver is on my list of guns to buy.  I was looking at a boot gun in 9 (LCR IIRC). But it moved down the list since Hawaii doesn't allow CCW.  Would be more for Vegas.

drck1000

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 10:16:21 AM »
I've only shot a Python once. Maybe 50 rounds. I remember the trigger was very good and it felt very smooth to shoot in DA.
For me, a Python is more of an iconic revolver to add to my collection. But the new ones probably wont be as good as the old ones. Hope it's not too expensive but will most likely be more than the king Cobra which retails for $899
In my top revolvers I would want, the Python would be behind the Manurhin and Korth
After you get one, we can test side-by-side with an older production one that I have access to.  :D

stangzilla

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:53 AM »
After you get one, we can test side-by-side with an older production one that I have access to.  :D

:thumbsup: