HDF Range Days (Read 148638 times)

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: HDF Range Days
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
I guess I wouldn't have looked like a total tard if I showed up with my 7.62x54r bandolier belt.  :rofl:
the bandolier belt no .... green mankini yes. :rofl:

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2013, 09:36:36 PM »

We will see.  I've just finished up some interviews that came my way at the Federal Bureau of Prisons. I may have an opportunity to return to federal service (adding to my 10 years of military service), work as  LEO, and get to learn how to do it in a really shitty place =-p (USP Atwater). 

I don't know if it will happen, but it's something my family and I are really have to think long and hard about.  Some serious potential for me in terms of retirement, salary, benefits etc. if I move back to Federal Work.

I looked at my records it was Herlong and Atwater backup...good luck buddy I wish I got in before the funding was dropped

Funtimes

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2013, 12:20:16 PM »
I looked at my records it was Herlong and Atwater backup...good luck buddy I wish I got in before the funding was dropped

Got a conditional offer today. Have to fill out the background paperwork.  Pretty sure, and I am hoping that I do, I have my previous background check paperwork that I was filling out to go work for homeland security; that, or I should have the stuff I filled out for my previous clearance.

flaboy808

« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »
Got a conditional offer today. Have to fill out the background paperwork.  Pretty sure, and I am hoping that I do, I have my previous background check paperwork that I was filling out to go work for homeland security; that, or I should have the stuff I filled out for my previous clearance.

No more HDF Range Days?   :wacko:
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2013, 01:46:25 PM »
Taking pics of my gear?  Haha

My leg looks fat in this angle. Must've been the light. Lol

I like the dump pouch too.  Lots of wide war belts with the lumbar support.  I just found a regular thin style in my pile of stuff, coulda' sworn I had their piggyback pistol+rifle mag pouches but no just singles.  Stuck a cheapie drop leg on it to try.  So much gear I tell you.

Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

Aiea78

• Grab em by the handles
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »

flaboy808

« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »

?

Thank you for volunteering Aiea78.   :D
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

drck1000

« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2013, 02:31:31 PM »
I like the dump pouch too.  Lots of wide war belts with the lumbar support.  I just found a regular thin style in my pile of stuff, coulda' sworn I had their piggyback pistol+rifle mag pouches but no just singles.  Stuck a cheapie drop leg on it to try.  So much gear I tell you.
I actually prefer the lighter USGG Contractor belt setup that I have, but I don't like the holster that I have for that one that can accommodate my Glock 17 with X300.  The holster I have for that one is a drop leg holster and I don't like the strap on my thigh.  I could use the drop attachment for the USGG belt, but it rotates some with I use the Safariland holster.  The USGG Contractor's belt works fine if I don't have to use the holster that fits the X300. 

The good thing about the HSGI belt is that you can throw it over clothing.  The USGG Contractor's belt goes directly on your waist.  I've taken a few classes in Alaska and the HSGI was perfect to fit over layers of warmer clothing and rain gear. 

As dirtylickins and I were discussing the last range day, that's what the range days are for.  To try different set ups and to see what others have and ask them the pros and cons.  Some set ups look like they would work well and only to find out that the don't work quite that well once you start shooting, moving, transitioning, etc. 

new guy

« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2013, 03:01:08 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:27:53 PM by new guy »
Your mindset is your primary weapon. - Jeff Cooper

Aiea78

• Grab em by the handles
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »
Thank you for volunteering Aiea78.   :D

New drills.

Q

« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:33:01 PM by Q »

flaboy808

« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2013, 04:32:02 PM »
Can we get another volunteer please?    :o

New drills.

flaboy808

« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2013, 04:35:33 PM »
If anyone tried that shit with me, they would get a type 53 bayonet in the nut sack.

I don't think you'd get the job after that Q.   ;D

Funtimes

« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2013, 04:59:49 PM »
If anyone tried that shit with me, they would get a type 53 bayonet in the nut sack.

I'm fairly certain the only difference between some of that and regular training would be he would shoot a few more feet away from the student lol.

Aiea78

• Grab em by the handles
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »
Can we get another volunteer please?    :o

Ok ok.  We shall review the flashbang holster up close.  Now about those volunteers ;)

Funtimes

« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »
So yeah this all kind of new to me, and it's only a few hours old.  I've already gone to talk to some people to see what we can continue to do etc.

I know you have not made any final decision, yet, but I have to ask a few (somewhat selfish) questions:

Will HDF continue to exist, if you depart?

Yes, but not in the full capacity that it is right now.  For instance, losing the primary instructor that has been teaching for over two years puts a damper on some gun safety course aspect of the operations.   Legal operations will likely continue through the current case with no more filed in the future.  We could probably continue training if a certified instructor wanted to do that, but I would have to find one who is serious about doing so.   The goal is to continue range days.  This will require volunteers to make it happen, a few people will have to step up to the plate to say that they can give one day every few months or so to run the stuff.

Also, if you leave the State of Hawaii and become a citizen of another state, would your moving residence out of the State of Hawaii affect your appeal before the Ninth Circuit? 
In the general sense, no.  The record is currently set for our stage and can't really be altered.  We still need an opinion from the 9th circuit, and then appeals (from whatever sides are going to appeal).   It's going to run two ways - win or lose.   If you win, then it doesn't matter - we win.  If we lose, then we plan to appeal to SCOTUS; my thoughts are if all (3) 9th circuit cases lose, then there is no real hope in this circuit anymore.   Any lower judge will be bound by the higher courts decision and it will be immediate rubber stamp - no matter the reason.

Regardless, best of luck on your decision!  :shaka:

This is one of the heaviest decisions I have had to make personally - period.  My wife is giving up her family, and I'm giving up a significant amount too if we pursue this.  It's not just HDF but also I'm having to stop and shut down my own company that I have grown for two years, which is paying the bills right now, add in grad school programs that we are in right now, our dogs, family members, hdf, friends, gun stuff... it's a tough bite.

Q

« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:33:10 PM by Q »

Q

« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:33:17 PM by Q »

flaboy808

« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »
Ok ok.  We shall review the flashbang holster up close.  Now about those volunteers ;)

I think HDF Range Days would be crowded with a volunteer like her.  No offense Chris.   :rofl:

Funtimes

« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2013, 05:48:36 PM »
Last guy that tried some stuff like that on one of our qual range got laid out.

Fortunately, the 1st Sgt thought it was hilarious to see Mr. D-bag go falling like a ton of bricks, so the guy got lucky and had to fill onlly 200 sandbags.  :rofl:

Yeah but training for PSC is quite different than most military training.  I bet if that was going on with a team or ACE/SFOD etc. it might not even get a bat of an eye lol.   I wonder what company that guy is with?  His accent definitely sounded foreign, so I was thinking israel?  I've looked at some of the Israeli executive protection schools - they seem like you could die there lol.

I'm not saying that's what is going on here, as it looks fairly reckless, but if it was indeed like blackwater quality PMC - then well I wouldn't say I'm surprised.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:42:20 PM by Funtimes »