24%
Dan (Kaneohe GS).
28.1%
Dale (YoungGuns).
2.3%
One of the other guys.
8.2%
Total Members Voted

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu? (Read 98848 times)

Kingkeoni

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« on: May 21, 2011, 08:39:59 AM »
I have shopped at and supported every single gun store on this island ever since I've been able to buy guns and it seems that occasionally someone tells me " Why do you shop there?"  because they don't like the owner of the shop.

So just for fun, who do you think is the grouchiest gun store owner?
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

HICOMPCRX

Re: Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
I don't think a poll is necessary... I think everyone knows the answer already. With that said...queen st.

BananaClip

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »
I think they're all cool.................... ::) Hey Keoni, is this an anonymous ballet? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

1hunglow

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »
Seems like they're all grumpy. Carter can be a condescending prick though.

1hunglow

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
But to be fair, Carter can also be a very helpful guy.....

Dregs

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
I wish I could vote more times for the Waikiki Gun Shop guy. That guy is such a fucking asshole, that it actually becomes hilarious. He'll say something like, "sign here and here and here". Then he'll stare at you as you wonder what you're supposed to do next. When you don't know, he has attitude. It's SO unnecessary and out of the blue, I swear to god he's autistic. I regret paying the *edit* $200 (I made a mistake here, sorry. That was the price for 2 at the time. Did not mean to mislead) or so charge for taking his course, or FFL'ing him twice for out of state purchases.

*Edit*
If I remember correctly, his name is Eugene, or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:21:21 AM by Dregs »

Funtimes

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
The poll is kind of displaying funny, not sure why, seems (at least on my screen) the the percentage matches the persons above the bar.   What might be interesting, is to post what made you vote the way you did.  It's obviously not going to change your opinion, but might allow people to 'adjust' their business model if they read some good feedback!

BananaClip

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »
Maybe off subject "a little" but I think every gun shop offers something different... Different combos... One gives good prices while lacking in customer service and another might give good customer service while the prices suck... Fortunetly OGC has the most of everything.. Especially now.. I'm a "Man's Man" but if you call me "Cupcake" and give me the best price, SOOOOLLLLD!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

Kingkeoni

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »
I think they're all cool.................... ::) Hey Keoni, is this an anonymous ballet? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ANONYMOUS POLL.

No one will know who you voted for but you.
Hahaha

Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

AWS-GTAW

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
Every man in this earth has good and bad things about him.

OGC

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 11:36:07 PM »

Tell me what you really think.  I spend most of my day helping people, even sending them online and to other shops in town to find what they want for the best price or availability and I'm a condescending prick.  Please feel free to stop in and introduce yourself so I know who is insulting me instead of anonymous bashing in a public forum made up of my customer base.

You have a right. no scratch that, a responsibility to give your business to stores that give you the best overall experience, and if you feel that you did not receive good service at OGC, please take your business to one of the other fine establishments on Oahu.

And how can I not be at the top of the grouchiest owner list?  Frankly gentlemen, I'm insulted. :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:42:29 PM by OGC »

Kingkeoni

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »
Hey Carter, I hope you voted.

Haha  :thumbsup:

Funtimes

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 12:19:04 AM »
Well  -- if you resorted to price gouging with ammo and your soon to be range and being a condescending prick (  :rofl:) maybe you would surpass Art  :shake:.  (purely joking !)

I remember I called that guy (Art) to inform him of the legislation being proposed so that he can begin to track it and submit testimony. The guy just told me he didn't really care and had no time to speak with me.  That kind of pissed me off lol.
Telling a group or organization that was attempting to look out for their business and lively hood to basically F-off!  Yeah ... no bueno.

1hunglow

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »

Tell me what you really think.  I spend most of my day helping people, even sending them online and to other shops in town to find what they want for the best price or availability and I'm a condescending prick.  Please feel free to stop in and introduce yourself so I know who is insulting me instead of anonymous bashing in a public forum made up of my customer base.

You have a right. no scratch that, a responsibility to give your business to stores that give you the best overall experience, and if you feel that you did not receive good service at OGC, please take your business to one of the other fine establishments on Oahu.

And how can I not be at the top of the grouchiest owner list?  Frankly gentlemen, I'm insulted. :)
Defensive we are tonight..... Why didn't you comment on my second post? Selective hearing we still have?!

Anyway, I don't think I mentioned anything about you NOT being fair, helpful, and/or informative. I mentioned that you CAN BE a condescending prick (now I'm going to add "sensitive" to that list).  I've shopped at OGC several times because you offer very good pricing and your staff are nice guys.  Sometimes you are too! I will definitely say you are always informative. It's your delivery that lacks (at times).  Take it for what it's worth but I'm not the only person who feels this way.

It's also not my responsibility to go where I feel I get the best overall service. It's MY RIGHT to shop when and where I choose for whatever reasons I choose. If I hear that OGC has something I want at a good price, I go. Simple as that. I'll take my chances that some poor guy won't be talked down to for the short time I'm there. BTW I hear the new place is much nicer- I'll probably be in sometime to check it out.

1hunglow

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 12:46:11 AM »
Well  -- if you resorted to price gouging with ammo and your soon to be range and being a condescending prick (  :rofl:) maybe you would surpass Art  :shake:.  (purely joking !)

I remember I called that guy (Art) to inform him of the legislation being proposed so that he can begin to track it and submit testimony. The guy just told me he didn't really care and had no time to speak with me.  That kind of pissed me off lol.
Telling a group or organization that was attempting to look out for their business and lively hood to basically F-off!  Yeah ... no bueno.
It's exactly this kind of crap that has kept me far far away from that guy. If he actually had good pricing, I would have probably went to his shop and my vote would have been for him.

HGS

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 02:42:24 AM »
I wish I could vote more times for the Waikiki Gun Shop guy. That guy is such a fucking asshole, that it actually becomes hilarious. He'll say something like, "sign here and here and here". Then he'll stare at you as you wonder what you're supposed to do next. When you don't know, he has attitude. It's SO unnecessary and out of the blue, I swear to god he's autistic. I regret paying the $200 or so charge for taking his course, or FFL'ing him twice for out of state purchases.

*Edit*

The handgun safety course I taught at Waikiki Gun Shop was $85, when you sign an ATF form you sign your name only once. At the time we had one of the lowest FFL transfer fees of $40 per firearm, not like some of the shops who simply refused to do them.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, wish you would have said something at the time so that I could have improved your shopping experience.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:49:11 AM by ar68tactical »

gstkhi47

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 05:19:27 AM »
At least you guys on Oahu have different gun stores to choose from. Kona doesn't even have one. Oh, excuse me, we have Sports Authority, where you can't even find .22 ammo on a regular basis.

GZire

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 09:00:03 AM »
......................*Edit*
I've never found Eugene to come across with attitude.

......................Please feel free to stop in and introduce yourself............................................
Defensive we are tonight...............Selective hearing we still have?! ....................
Obviously he is Master Yoda..........I believe he is hanging his hat on Dagobah........

Carter you will never be #1 so long as there is an Art.

back2back

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 09:19:04 AM »

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:22:29 PM by back2back »

Kingkeoni

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »

You got a point but try dealing with inexperienced shooters on daily basis who ask the most stupidest questions everyday when they come into your store.  I worked in a gun shop for 2 years and I almost quit shooting because I got really tired of dealing with folks who wanted a good deal and frankly did not know what the they were talking about.  I started to become a prick after a while.  Its understandable why you would feel  that way.  Here is a tip.  If you spend enough and build your credibility with a shop then you most likely will have some good standing in a gun store IMHO.  Other than that you have a point but try looking at it from the owner eyes as well.  This also goes for all of the shop owners too, good ones and bad ones.  It is easy for us to hide behind the internet, but hey it's America and we feel that we are entitled to do what ever we want.  RANT OFF!

It's honestly not acceptable to be a prick to new shooters.

We as the shooting community want to win others over to our cause then go and treat new shooters like crap?

We were all new shooters at one time. It's these condescending know it all gun owners that are turning people away from shooting.
I've been shooting for almost 35 years now and always try to be helpful when someone asks an unintelligent question.

This year I've helped 4 new shooters buy their first gun.
2 of them have joined the NRA.
All of them have told me that they were mistreated in a gun shop.

This poll was just for fun but it should serve as a reminder to the people that work at or own gun shops that you have NOTHING without customers.
This is Hawaii, not the mainland. This state is world renowned for its spirit of aloha. Maybe its time to remember that.