Trump (Read 370988 times)

aieahound

Trump
« on: January 01, 2018, 11:27:02 PM »
Trump is an idiot.
Based on his public statements he's an SNL skit come to life.

Question for members,
Not counting the tax thing, which has been beaten in another thread, what do you think and give examples.
( P.S. I voted for him. Lesser of 2 evils)

(Republican President, Republican Congress)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:36:07 PM by aieahound »

zippz

Re: Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:12:35 AM »
Sometimes I wish he had someone to screen his tweets, he does say some stupid things.  The media does blow things up and exaggerate or takes things out of context a lot.  Things I would blow off and not give a second thought to makes the headlines in CNN.

However he speaks his mind which gives me a sense of honesty and transparency that we don't get from other presidents.  Appeals to me and I think the hard workers in the US.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 01:13:41 AM »
I find it hypocritical that lots of people waste a good amount of their lives doing nothing productive on social media (including this site), then they turn around and bash Trump for using Twitter.  To him, it's a mass communication tool.

FACT:  Over 60% of people now say they get their news via Social Media sites.   :shake:

We know President Trump uses Twitter to bypass the media, ridicule the media for needing to be bypassed, and let everyone know what he's thinking.  In the past, we rarely got to hear WHY a president did what he did.  Trump pretty much tells us on most issues what his motivations are.

My opinion is, if you don't like what he Tweets, get a life!  I prefer transparency to the crap Obama did while claiming to be the most transparent administration in US history! 

Getting your panties in a bunch isn't going to do anything positive.  If you only see his Tweets when the media reports on them, or when someone shares it to your FB feed, I recommend you use your own Twitter account and follow him yourself.  There are too many Tweets being altered, taken out of context, or selectively chosen from a series of Tweets for no other reason than to sling shit.

If you want to see a bunch of Liberal idiots with too much time on their hands, just go to his Twitter feed or FB page.  The stuff people post there is the worst of the worst.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:34:58 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 09:46:50 AM »
Personally, I like Trump.  He's a breath of fresh air.  I'm tired of PC answers or run arounds.  Trump will give you a non-BS answer way more than any politician. He will also call out those who don't do their job and things like that. 

He is an a$$ sometimes, but you have to give him a break because he wasn't raised a politician. He's a rich playboy who decided to give up his millionaire lifestyle for America.

I just wish that both dems and reps would give him a break and work with him instead of against him knowing that he has no political XP.

And the media does treat him very unfairly.  They twist everything to make him and his admin/family look bad.  Imagine if they did this to any other president.  You can always find something on anyone and spin it to the public. If it were not for Twitter, he probably would have lost the election and current support because the media doesn't show all the good he is doing.

I also do agree with some of his XO's/ views and disagree with others.  I'm not a blind Trump follower or hater.  There are many anti-Trump who disagree with his stuff just because he supports/thought of it.  This goes with any politician.  No one can make everyone 100% satisfied.

The 2nd main reason besides his non-BS attitude that is why I support him is because his campaign promise is to sign the CCW reciprocity if it comes to his desk.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »
If you don't believe the MSM is out to smear Trump versus report "the facts", then you really haven't been paying attention.  Either that, or you must revel when something negative is reported about him or his policies or administration.

The facts are the facts.  The MSM despises Trump, and they are too unprofessional to even pretend to be objective.

Pew: Trump media coverage three times more negative than for Obama

The media’s coverage of President Trump has been overwhelmingly negative, more than three times more critical
than the initial coverage of former President Barack Obama and twice that of former Presidents George W. Bush
and Bill Clinton.

The Pew Research Center said that the early coverage of Trump was 62 percent negative. By comparison, Obama’s
coverage was just 20 percent negative.

“About six-in-ten stories on Trump’s early days in office had a negative assessment, about three times more than in
early coverage for Obama and roughly twice that of Bush and Clinton. Coverage of Trump’s early time in office moved
further away from a focus on the policy agenda and more toward character and leadership,” said Pew.

The report about the harsh media coverage was included in Pew’s year-ending report titled "17 Striking Findings From 2017."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/28/pew-trump-media-coverage-three-times-more-negative-than-for-obama.html
-- Melvin Udall

Surf

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 10:47:38 AM »
Crazy, or crazy brilliant?  Let's look at it from a non-partisan point of view, maybe in a militaristic or business sense as concepts often overlap.

IMO, what he is doing is calculated genius.  Again partisan politics aside and from a pure strategical point of view, in a militaristic or business sense, there are brilliant tactics involved.  Yes, he is always on the ragged edge and could easily fall off the tracks, so he walks a fine line.  Even when he looks like he is falling off the edge he switches things up.  With great risk, come great rewards or failures. 

Now let's apply the OODA loop to what he is doing.  He is literally dictating and controlling the OODA loop and making everyone react to a narrative that he is controlling.  Everyone is caught up reacting to his action and he is one step ahead on what he perceives as his strategy. 

He infuses concepts from maneuver warfare that are crushing many things.  He spoon feeds the negative narrative for CNN or others to report on with tweets, comments, etc, that can be taken negatively by those who want to hate him, but often there are sensible explanations behind his seemingly crazy or ambiguous social media comments.  There isn't always sensible rationale behind his tweets, but I think that is a mix of calculated genius and his kookie personality, you never know where he is coming from, so it is hard to know where he is at with things.  While it may hurt him a bit, it ultimately makes the opposition look like idiots when certain things are fully explained and completely undermines them long term.  He is giving the "look over here" distracting his opposition with petty things to argue over, while he is bypassing the main fight and going straight to his real targets and getting things done.

Trump will always remain Trump, but I think he will settle a bit, a little bit, but for now, he thinks he is best served by his current strategy which is effective.  It will evolve, it must and he knows it, but it will be on his timeline, not anyone else's.

hvybarrels

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:54:48 AM »
I voted for him because Hillary was the only bona-fide war criminal at the time and shared responsibility for the mass migration of immigrants into Europe due to her "we came we saw he died" policies that destabilized the Middle East an North Africa. The fact that Trump makes liberals cry is just a bonus.

I have no illusions, though. When Empires start winding down you usually get these types who make a lot of promises but end up selling off everything they can to the highest bidder. He's here to grab the fixtures and pull the copper pipes out of the wall. Although I don't admire him you have to admit he's done a very good job at seeing and opportunity and riding the populism wave. He's definitely not stupid.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Jl808

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 11:47:07 AM »
aieahound, what public statement or twitter post did Trump say that got you all upset?
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

zippz

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 12:20:16 PM »
Trump is the master of marketing, some of the things we think are stupid are planned.

I feel the media blows things out of proportion because they feel cheated and embarrassed losing the election.  Everyone thought Hillary was going to win against the hoodlum that she had the glass ceiling and fireworks planned for her win and she didn't make a concession speech.  The media was the same way, they seemed very joking and cheerful when they said Trump had no chance and were solemn when he won.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »
Trump is definitely unprecedented. His candidacy was unprecedented, his election was unprecedented, and his presidency is unprecedented. Politics is a pendulum. As I said before, people vote because their angry, not because they're happy. Expect liberals to vote in droves in 2018 because they're mad. Trump doesn't care about the Mueller investigation and his legislative failures. His strategy is that he will schedule constant rallies with his base voters who will then reelect the GOP into Congress in 2018 and reelect himself in 2020 which will vindicate everything he's done and make him impeachable (a political process, not a judicial process). Meanwhile, GOP politicians are jumping ship like rats, including Senator Hatch this morning. He's running out of time, and he doesn't know it. He might have a chance if he passes a massive infrastructure bill but he lacks the political capital to accomplish this, especially after the $1.2T tax bill.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »
I forgot to add in the manipulation of the media part.  I think that Trump is using them for his own gain.  He's a genius.  He knows that they will report the slightest bad thing or blow things out of proportion.  Meanwhile, he uses that as a distraction to get stuff done.  I forgot some of the examples, but I do remember when the Dakota Pipeline XO was being signed, the media was to focused on some random thing he did.  All the while he signed the XO and by the time the fakenews heard about it, it was to late.

So anytime the media focuses on something stupid, I wait for what gets passed.  Hope he does the same with HR38.

aieahound

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 01:22:26 PM »
aieahound, what public statement or twitter post did Trump say that got you all upset?

Nothing in particular.
He's hilarious in an SNL way.
Definitely off the hook.
I don't really know much about his Twitter but his public statements are hilarious must see TV.
It's reality TV starring our President.

I was just wondering if he's accomplishing anything.

(Obama definitely divided the Country just as much if not more in my opinion)
I see what Surf, Changemyoil and Zippz are saying but I'm not seeing the concrete.

Crazy as a fox...possibly.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:44:13 PM by aieahound »

drck1000

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »
My impression of him has always been that he’s a buffoon. I too hope and to an extent believe that there’s a method to his madness. I agree that a big part of all of the buffoonery is control of the situation. I will say that I believe he has been doing a lot of things the right way, or at least that I see it. Such as dealing with death of military service members, or at least not crapping on them like Obama did.

NPR often hosts Trump aides and they explain a lot of the background and backstory on most of his tweets and actions brought into question by CNN, MSNBC, and the like. It often makes sense. I don’t have time to go into details right now, but one that I can think are NAFTA and in that case, the point of the initial move and posturing was about negotiating position. Give them the almost completely unreasonable first position and then the advantageous position will then seem like a bargain for the other side.

Do I wish he approached things better? Of course. But he’s definitely shaking things up, and I believe much of it for the betterment of this nation. Are all of it good or will succeed? Probably not. But I am just tired of the non-sensical babble offered by liberals who seem blinded by Trump hate. Give the guy a chance and also give him credit where credit is due.

aieahound

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 02:02:12 PM »
Liking the articulation guys.   :thumbsup:

Flapp. Get out of the way please.
No need to respond.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »
Liking the articulation guys.   :thumbsup:

Flapp. Get out of the way please.
No need to respond.

Happy New Year, A__ H___! 

(And I don't mean "AieaHound").
-- Melvin Udall

Bota-CS1

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »
I'm just going to leave this right here for all of you Fox News followers......
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

aieahound

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 02:09:33 PM »
Is that fo' real Bota?
Hilarious if it is.  :rofl:

Flapp_Jackson

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:23:13 AM by Heavies »
-- Melvin Udall

Bota-CS1

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
No it's not.  TBH though I wouldn't be surprised if this is what he truly thought of us.  That he can feed us anything we want and we'll buy it - preying on our fear of illegal immigration, Hillary, and Muslims.  I'm skeptical and cynical when it comes to politicians because I don't care for how they try and manipulate us.  I look for action and what has he given us besides tax reform?  Yay (sarcastic) if I get $1000 or $2000 more back this year.  That'll pay for maybe 2/3 of the Scar 17 I want and won't be anywhere near enough to remodel my kitchen as one Trump advisor said it would.   :rofl: 
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.