"mazie hirono, who is perhaps the dumbest person in the US Senate" (Read 18574 times)

6716J

the people of Hawaii deserve better than Mazie Hirono.
And Shitz

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

oldfart

Re: "mazie hirono, who is perhaps the dumbest person in the US Senate"
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »
====================
 Are we (the firearms community) the only people who realize this???
What, Me Worry?

RSN172

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »
====================
I think so.  Apparently everybody else thinks she is great.  But as you know, responsible gun owners are quite a bit smarter than most people.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 09:52:55 PM »
Gov Ben Cayetano was in office the whole time Mazie was Lt Gov. He gave his endorsement, instead, to Mayor Jeremie Harris, the governor's race front runner, which likely helped Mazie decide to run for Mayor.

Amid corruption allegations, Harris withdrew from the race. Thirty minutes after his announcement, Mazie dropped out of the Mayor's race and entered the race for Governor.

Linda Lingle beat Mazie by a small margin -- 51.6% to 47% -- to become the first female governor in Hawaii, and the first Republican governor since 1962.

I'd say there are plenty in Hawaii who don't like Lazy Mazie, but in the Senate race, she had the name recognition to raise the money needed to beat her opponents. 

Since she won the House seat in 2006, she was set up to more easily win the Senate seat in 2012.  She spent almost all of her time in the House fundraising for re-election/her Senate bid.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

And Shitz

I try to not think of the useless turd. 
Arbitrarily installed by that GD commie Abercrappie, and then cruises to election because the people are too stupid to think for themselves.

groveler

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »
I think so.  Apparently everybody else thinks she is great.  But as you know, responsible gun owners are quite a bit smarter than most people.
I disagree. If we were smarter, we would have crushed the anti-gunners years ago.
In Hawaii most gun owners go along to get along, which is why we are being crushed.
How many here on this site would on say, on July 5th report that all their registered guns were
stolen or lost in an accident and are now un-accounted for?
From this point on never buy a gun in the state of Hawaii?
Stop shooting or hunting for a year or two.
We cooperate with people dedicated to destroying us.
To me that is stupid, not smart.

punaperson

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2019, 03:04:31 PM »
I don't think so. Pretty sure she was overwhelmingly elected to the delight of the vast majority who got exactly what they wanted and deserved.

Notice I did say or imply that that vast majority of Hawaii voters are not low IQ conditioned-Democrat morons.

What do you think low IQ conditioned-Democrat morons deserve?

macsak

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 01:45:16 PM »

tillamook

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 04:58:48 PM »
====================

it is quite hilarious to talk to people who are 100% for the current state government.  You ask them about the #1 rank in homelessness and the highest electricity bills and the #2 tax burden in all the states and ranked 49th for attracting doctors and etc  and the reply is "well, Guam has higher electricity costs"   

The best part?  Guam average electricity cost is $0.21 per KWH and Hawaii is $0.275 per KWN (2016 data).   They cant even argue a true fact about how great the state government is.   

ren

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 05:26:37 PM »
it is quite hilarious to talk to people who are 100% for the current state government.  You ask them about the #1 rank in homelessness and the highest electricity bills and the #2 tax burden in all the states and ranked 49th for attracting doctors and etc  and the reply is "well, Guam has higher electricity costs"   

The best part?  Guam average electricity cost is $0.21 per KWH and Hawaii is $0.275 per KWN (2016 data).   They cant even argue a true fact about how great the state government is.

the same government who brought the wasteful rail project,
people need to realize that when you ask the govt for answers or help it isn't always the best idea. There are inefficiencies, corruption, ineptness. Easy to say looking at politicians' salaries here, it doesn't attract the best and the brightest. Most of these politicians failed outside of govt work and their only career is spent in "non profits" and the like. These lawmakers from an attorney background must have been pretty shitty in the private sector.

Not the Trump thread but that is the reason I voted for Trump. He has wealth and didn't spend his entire career as a greasy politician.
Mazie on the other hand failed in her quest for governor and mayor.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 05:28:55 PM »

Our average cost per kWh in Hawaii is $0.3357 as of Feb 2019.

When comparing or looking at rates, remember there are different rate schedules or tariff codes.  The residential cost per kWh is always a bit lower than the average per kWh cost for businesses, and it also changes by island.

Oahu residential is currently $0.2822/kWh.

Lanai is the highest right now at $0.3587/kWh for residential customers.

https://www.hawaiianelectric.com/billing-and-payment/rates-and-regulations/average-price-of-electricity
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 05:36:15 PM »
well, Mazie and Kermit should also ask HECO why are our rates so high? And why are PV grid tied systems rates so confusing? Anyone ever go through getting PV approved through HECO? They will kick your application back to to you for not dotting i's ...its ridonkulous  :grrr:
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 05:48:20 PM »
well, Mazie and Kermit should also ask HECO why are our rates so high? And why are PV grid tied systems rates so confusing? Anyone ever go through getting PV approved through HECO? They will kick your application back to to you for not dotting i's ...its ridonkulous  :grrr:

Several problems with PV connections.  One -- they can only handle so much surplus power generated by PV on the grid. Two -- they still have to provide the same level of production at night and on cloudy days. PV doesn't reduce the demand other than during sunny days.

Because of those issues and others, HECO and the Utilities Commission set limits on how much PV they can handle both from grid capacity and pricing.  If everyone on PV paid nothing for power by selling excess in the day to offset usage at night, all non-PV customers would have to take up the slack to pay for production of power at night and on cloudy days for those PV customers.

PV cuts into HECO's bottom line.  It's understandable that they are reluctant to approve PV applications quickly.

One of the "unintended consequences" of going green -- the cost exceeds that of the green "solution".
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »
I have friends in the mainland where there are multiple power companies.  So they'r all competing for price.  He can run the AC all day and night and his electric bill is $45.  HECO has a monopoly, so they can really do as they please as long as they grease the right hands.

6716J

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2019, 09:41:44 AM »
I have friends in the mainland where there are multiple power companies.  So they'r all competing for price.  He can run the AC all day and night and his electric bill is $45.  HECO has a monopoly, so they can really do as they please as long as they grease the right hands.
Yup... I did that living in Texas. My highest bill was $80 living in Galveston. Ran the AC or the heat 24/7 to keep the apartment at 74 degrees.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

RSN172

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »
When I was living in Kailua, I got my net metering agreement approved by HECO pretty quick.  I was the first in my subdivision to get PV power in early 2006.

Getting back to topic, Mazie is one stupid bitch.

changemyoil66

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 02:46:57 PM »

She's trying to get her to say on record who the priority deportation is.  Visa over stayers, undocumented (DACA), or boarder jumpers.  If she says visa over stayers are a priority, then the fake news will use that against Trump and his wall.

Her response should have been: "All those groups you mentioned are here illegally and are breaking the law and subject to deportation, do you need me to draw it on a board to explain it".  Well maybe not that 2nd part. 

Visa over stayers are at least somewhat screened before they come into the country.  Compared to boarder jumpers where none are screened.  And it's more difficult for a visa over stayer to bring in large quantities of drugs/human trafficing compared to boarder jumpers.

Mdotweber

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2019, 02:45:17 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/oh-yawn-dopey-democrat-mazie-hirono-accuses-president-trump-of-acting-like-the-dictator-he-wants-to-be-video/

If POTUS was a dictator, this b!tch and all her ilk would've  been sent to a reeducation camp long ago...or "disappeared"
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

groveler

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/oh-yawn-dopey-democrat-mazie-hirono-accuses-president-trump-of-acting-like-the-dictator-he-wants-to-be-video/

If POTUS was a dictator, this b!tch and all her ilk would've  been sent to a reeducation camp long ago...or "disappeared"
Seems to me A Democrat ordered people like Hirono onto camps in WWII.
It seems funny that she acts just like that Democrat.

Jl808

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2019, 10:21:38 PM »
Can't she STFU?  It's embarrassing.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.