guns confiscated from Looney Tunes - Elmer Fudd - Red flagged (Read 1098 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

Tacticoolest

Re: guns confiscated from Looney Tunes - Elmer Fudd - Red flagged
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 06:19:52 PM »
Now that’s is sad :'(
It’s like having Scooby Doo without ghost, He-Man without his sword, Rocky without Bullwinkle, Tennessee Tuxedo without Chumley and Pepe Le Pew without his stink because people get upset or it is inappropriate in this day and age. We live in a crazy world.   
“You Want A War, Or You Want To Just Give Me A Gun?” JW

justin1098

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »
I think this is just for new looney tunes. New cartoons are garbage anyway. I don't care.

I have a Boomerang subscription with the classic WB cartoons on demand unedited.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 06:45:39 PM »
I remember when shows were being pulled for having smoking or drinking.  The censors for TV are much more lenient today.

They can take the guns out of all the cartoons they want, but Hollywood continues to pump out movie after movie with guns prominently featured. 

This Summer:
A Quiet Place Part II
No Time to Die (James Bond)
Black Widow (Avengers)
F9 (Fast & Furious)
Wonder Woman 1984
The Forever Purge
Tenet

Those are just box office releases through the end of July.

No guns in those at all. 

Let's not forget about the plethora of video games, Netflix and the libraries of movies and cartoons that already exist and feature guns.

Can't close the barn door after the horses are out and expect to have any effect.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Bota-CS1

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 09:06:52 PM »
Rumor has it a rabbit and a duck dropped the dime on them and got them Red Flagged.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.