clothing drive for US Vets at HDF BOOTH for gun show sept 29-30, 2018 (Read 2722 times)

macsak

Bota-CS1

Re: clothing drive for US Vets at HDF BOOTH for gun show sept 29-30, 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
- ATTENTION -

With a heavy heart I have to let everyone know the drive has to be cancelled.     I finally got a response from the organizers after emailing them, they cited the fact that they are sold out and other things: " Unfortunately the Gun Show has been sold out. We would for the future need to look at how we can help you and keep the show integrity.  There are two shows a year Spring and Fall, the next being March 2019. Before then let’s discuss how we might be able to integrate you into the show."  A BIG mahalos   to all those that were getting stuff together in preparation.  It's a minor setback and it won't deter me from continuing to volunteer my time working with veterans groups.  All this after I bought a trash bag big enough for Macsak's Porche.     
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »
What was cancelled? HDF booth or just the clothes drive?
What, Me Worry?

Bota-CS1

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 06:19:48 PM »
What was cancelled? HDF booth or just the clothes drive?

Clothing drive is cancelled.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.