List of AR15 lower manufacturers (Read 113993 times)

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
List of AR15 lower manufacturers
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:20:46 AM »
Here is a list of the AR-15 lowers manufacturers with the names they manufacture lowers under. The list was compiled by Falcon from the ar15armory.com forums with some updates by myself.
Lewis Machine & Tool
  • LMT
  • Lauer
  • DS Arms
  • PWA
  • Eagle
  • Armalite
  • Knights Armament
  • Barrett

Continental Machine Tool
  • Stag
  • Rock River Arms
  • High Standard
  • Noveske
  • Century (New)
  • Global Tactical
  • CLE
  • S&W
  • MGI
  • Wilson Tactical
  • Grenadier Precision
  • Colt

LAR Manufacturing
  • LAR
  • Bushmaster
  • Ameetec
  • DPMS
  • CMMG
  • Double Star
  • Fulton Armory
  • Spike's Tactical

JVP
  • Double Star
  • LRB
  • Charles Daly

Mega Machine Shop
  • Mega
  • GSE
  • Dalphon
  • POF
  • Alexander Arms

Olympic
  • Olympic
  • SGW
  • Tromix
  • Palmetto
  • Dalphon
  • Frankford
  • Century (Old)

Sun Devil
  • Sun Devil forged billet receivers
  • Lone Star Armory forged billet receivers

Superior
  • Superior Arms
  • Lauer (New)

Aero Precision
  • Aero Precision
  • Surplus Ammo and Arms
  • Palmetto State Armory

-------------------------------------
 The above list contains the machine companies that machine the raw forgings into usable receivers. Each individual company applies their own finishing standards.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:38:50 AM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

itwasntme

Re: List of AR15 lower manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
Nice find!  Your list seems to be more comprehensive than the one I told you about on ar15.com :thumbsup:
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »
I found it on a search for reviews of Lauer lowers which OGC carries. It should be good because it's made by LMT right?
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

itwasntme

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »
I'd say so!  Take a look at the other brands they make for, KNIGHTS??? BARRETT???  Hell I'd say your good to go!  Im happy with my CMMG and LAR makes lowers for brands that some might call less than perfect.  LOL  Your other option is Waikiki Gun Shop, he's got DS Arms lowers for $109 the last I saw!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »
Does anyone know what kind of quality Delaware Machinery lowers are? They are $65 from rguns and it is one of the best deals right now.
I am not a lawyer.

GZire

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 05:30:49 PM »
^^^Sorry man, never heard of them.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 05:33:02 PM »
I ended up getting a few Surplus Ammo and Arms lowers. They look very nice.
I am not a lawyer.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
Just wanted to post back about the Delaware Machinery lowers. After reading a few places, some people stated that their lowers were out of spec and pretty shoddy.
I am not a lawyer.

nf9648

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »
I found it on a search for reviews of Lauer lowers which OGC carries. It should be good because it's made by LMT right?

The Lauer lowers are good to go.

Vladimir

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 11:01:14 AM »
What about Black Rain Ordnance?

Growler67

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 07:16:18 PM »
 I've got an AR from ASA.  They have Lowers too:  http://www.americanspiritarms.com/ar-15-m4-lower-assemblies/
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfection is an Ideal and thus cannot exist in the real world. To seek perfection is to set yourself up for failure. Instead, strive for Excellence. Excellence is an attainable goal - Coach George Yamamoto, Mililani High School, RIP

wirecounter

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »
Here is a list of the AR-15 lowers manufacturers with the names they manufacture lowers under. The list was compiled by Falcon from the ar15armory.com forums with some updates by myself.

Noop question.  Are the lowers basically the same/comparable quality from the manufacturer that OEM product for other companies?  Not taking into consideration the different grades of aluminum.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 11:42:10 PM »
Basically they all the same. Each one will have their difference in tolerance batch to batch. Also some are renamed and sold as blems. So unless you are going to blueprint everyone of them then you can tell the difference. The ones to stay away from is usually the cast stuff. Except SS has to be from a casting.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

wirecounter

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »
Basically they all the same. Each one will have their difference in tolerance batch to batch. Also some are renamed and sold as blems. So unless you are going to blueprint everyone of them then you can tell the difference. The ones to stay away from is usually the cast stuff. Except SS has to be from a casting.

Mahalo for the info SpeedTek!   :shaka:

dgwmax

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »
Have you heard of Detroit Gun Works? Check them out http://www.centralscrewproducts.com/detroit-gun-works. It's awesome to see lowers manufactured in Detroit!

Kingkeoni

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
Have you heard of Detroit Gun Works? Check them out http://www.centralscrewproducts.com/detroit-gun-works. It's awesome to see lowers manufactured in Detroit!

Hmmm?

Let's see. Your forum name is dgwmax.
You're pimping dgw receivers in your first and only post.

Aaaaahhh, come on.  :wave:

Why not just be honest about who you are instead of trying to be sly?
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 03:16:28 AM »
Haha, yes he is from Detroit Gun Works. I'd always be a little leary of manufacturers without a proven track record.

If you do come back to post, I'd be interested in hearing more about your lowers and where the blanks come from.
I am not a lawyer.

ifight2protect

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
Haha, yes he is from Detroit Gun Works. I'd always be a little leary of manufacturers without a proven track record.

If you do come back to post, I'd be interested in hearing more about your lowers and where the blanks come from.

He never came back :rofl:

It doesn't look like his company is doing so well if you look at the link.

By the way I found out today that Lone Star Armory lowers are manufactured by Sun Devil. Don't know if you wanted to add that or not.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Kingkeoni

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 05:49:36 AM »
This is directly from their website...

" As we head into 2013 we have made strategic business decisions to refocus on our strengths. In doing so we are not currently manufacturing lowers with the Detroit Gun Works name on them. We will not be manufacturing full rifles for the time being and we will not be at SHOT Show this January."

It's a good thing we saw through this 1 post wonder and no one here wasted their money on this guys non existent lowers.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »
He never came back :rofl:

It doesn't look like his company is doing so well if you look at the link.

By the way I found out today that Lone Star Armory lowers are manufactured by Sun Devil. Don't know if you wanted to add that or not.

Thanks, I added that to the list.
I am not a lawyer.