Poll

do you have a ccw permit? (if you have more than 1 state, you can vote more than once)

no
yes, hawaii
yes, california
yes, washington
yes, utah
yes, arizona
yes, florida
yes, other

do you have a ccw permit? (Read 28527 times)

macsak

Re: do you have a ccw permit?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 08:52:25 PM »
Wow, I thought I was the only person who's ever been to Pahrump! Home of Art Bell, Coast to Coast radio show!

i've been to the race track there for a lap day

macsak

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 08:53:28 PM »
Mac what's the objective of this poll?

you know me, i am a curious person
 :wave:

macsak

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 08:54:06 PM »

i do want to know who the one guy with the hawaii ccw is
 :worship:

dustoff003

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »

i will leave that one alone, too easy and I am trying to be a kinder gentler dustoff003 while respecting my elders.

Q

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 09:34:35 PM »
i will leave that one alone, too easy and I am trying to be a kinder gentler dustoff003 while respecting my elders.

Do not assume Mac is an elder because of his chrome dome hair cut.

He was attempting to do the Samurai top-knot style, but then he realized he couldn't grow out the back long enough.

macsak

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »

who says i wasn't making it easy?

stangzilla

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »
i do want to know who the one guy with the hawaii ccw is
 :worship:

maybe Bula'ia

Mauivigilance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:34 PM »
Nevada  :shaka:
The only ism that has not failed me yet is skepticism.....

83rdrecon

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
No but I intend on applying for a Hawaii one as a matter of interest.  I carry under Leosa nationwide.   However so far HI seems to be far less violent than Miami or New Orleans where I carried everywhere including Church!

drck1000

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
I used to in WA State, but let it lapse when I moved back home.  I've thought about getting certified for another state, but just haven't done so. 

Heavies

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 09:24:01 AM »
No but I intend on applying for a Hawaii one as a matter of interest.  I carry under Leosa nationwide.   However so far HI seems to be far less violent than Miami or New Orleans where I carried everywhere including Church!
:thumbsup:

Check out

www.facebook.com/hawaiiCCWdrive

These are the things you need to apply for a Oahu CCW permit.

-Over 21 years in age
  -Legally own a handgun in Hawaii (This means you have taken appropriate safety courses)
  -Not judged insane by a court of law.
  -Not prohibited from possessing firearm (TRO, Domestic Violence, etc.)

-(2) Passport Photos
  -Information for Firearm (Bring Registration)
  -Narrative (Why you want a CCW permit)  You can pre type out your reason and attach to the application.
 -$14.75 (only if you have never paid for a set of fingerprints – this commonly applies to military)

83rdrecon

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »
:thumbsup:

Check out

www.facebook.com/hawaiiCCWdrive

These are the things you need to apply for a Oahu CCW permit.

-Over 21 years in age
  -Legally own a handgun in Hawaii (This means you have taken appropriate safety courses)
  -Not judged insane by a court of law.
  -Not prohibited from possessing firearm (TRO, Domestic Violence, etc.)

-(2) Passport Photos
  -Information for Firearm (Bring Registration)
  -Narrative (Why you want a CCW permit)  You can pre type out your reason and attach to the application.
 -$14.75 (only if you have never paid for a set of fingerprints – this commonly applies to military)
Thanks!  All set on the prints, did that when I got here last month.

230RN

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
Late to the party.  Colorado only.  I carry everywhere legally able to, basically every place that doesn't have a metal detector and the Post Office.  Which latter pisses me off.  They're safer with me in there than not.
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

Sodie

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 11:23:33 AM »
Several.  My wife asked me the other day if I was trying to get one from every state...  "That's crazy!" I said.  "There's no WAY Hawaii will ever give me one."   :grrr:

Started with Utah and Arizona (because the training was two-for-one, just an extra set of fingerprints), primarily to get reciprocity with Minnesota.  Shortly after I committed to the training (and if I withdrew, it would have become non-cost effective for the instructor to run the class), Minnesota stopped honoring Utah out-of-state permits.  So got a Minnesota permit on a recent trip there.  Then went to Florida for business and picked one up because they didn't recognize any of my other ones, and there's a better than average chance I'll be back.

zippz

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2016, 04:07:05 PM »
Got my Arizona permit today, which I'll be using in Nevada.  Took 2 1/2 months to get back.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Wichita

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 10:11:28 AM »
Kansas permit

zippz

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2016, 10:32:21 AM »
Waiting in line at Clark County pd to get my CCW application in and finger prints for Utah CCW.   Came in at 1:10pm and there were about 100 people in front of me.   I forgot to come earlier in the morning.   Not as bad as the last time i attempted this in January where 150 to 200 were in line.

Wonder how long this will take.

Done at 3:42pm.  Was $98.25 for Nevada and $14 for Utah prints.  Open m-f 8 to 5 and located across the freeway from the world market center building.  120 day wait for Nevada.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:46:38 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Meeker16

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »
California, surprisingly enough  :shaka:

zippz

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 09:31:05 PM »
Waiting in line at Clark County pd to get my CCW application in and finger prints for Utah CCW.   Came in at 1:10pm and there were about 100 people in front of me.   I forgot to come earlier in the morning.   Not as bad as the last time i attempted this in January where 150 to 200 were in line.

Wonder how long this will take.

Done at 3:42pm.  Was $98.25 for Nevada and $14 for Utah prints.  Open m-f 8 to 5 and located across the freeway from the world market center building.  120 day wait for Nevada.

Got my Nevada CCW in this week, so a bit over 3 months.  Kinda redundant since I have an Arizona one too which covers Nevada.  Now just waiting for my Utah to come in...been about a month so far.

changemyoil66

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »
Taking my Nevada CCW course in 2 weeks.  I guess I'll go to metro about 7am so the wait isn't that long.