Behind every blade of grass? (Read 15034 times)

eyeeatingfish

Re: Behind every blade of grass?
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2016, 04:15:07 PM »
Yes, the villagers can attack the invading force with pitchforks, scythes, wooden bats, and rocks.

Or with things that shoot .308, .45, BMG...

I would be worried about the children armed with suicide bombs.

passivekinetic

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2016, 08:40:13 PM »

No need for that if the adults are sufficiently equipped.

Guns save children's lives.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2016, 08:47:38 PM »

I was unaware children used as suicide bombers was a common practice of the Japanese.

Maybe that fear is caused by projecting the horrific actions of a particular group now onto another group in the past?
Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »
I was unaware children used as suicide bombers was a common practice of the Japanese.

Maybe that fear is caused by projecting the horrific actions of a particular group now onto another group in the past?

I would have to find a source to be sure but I recall that nearly the entire civilian population (including children) was trained and expected to fight American soldiers to the death.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2016, 09:32:14 PM »
I would have to find a source to be sure but I recall that nearly the entire civilian population (including children) was trained and expected to fight American soldiers to the death.

Please, post your sources.  I'd be very interested to see that info.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »
Please, post your sources.  I'd be very interested to see that info.

I think it was mentioned here but cannot remember if it specified children or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_children_in_World_War_II#Japanese_youth_military_groups
http://histclo.com/essay/war/ww2/cou/jap/inv/w2ij-ket.html

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 10:11:23 PM »
I think it was mentioned here but cannot remember if it specified children or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_children_in_World_War_II#Japanese_youth_military_groups
http://histclo.com/essay/war/ww2/cou/jap/inv/w2ij-ket.html

I saw where youth were trained to fight and perform military functions, and a few were tagged to potentially be used as Kamikaze pilots.  I also saw that the child soldiers were never actually used, and suicide bombing was never a part of their training.

Any other Google results you found supporting your ficticious fear of child suicide bombers from Japan?  Because I'm just not seeing it in any of your sources.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2016, 10:27:06 PM »
I saw where youth were trained to fight and perform military functions, and a few were tagged to potentially be used as Kamikaze pilots.  I also saw that the child soldiers were never actually used, and suicide bombing was never a part of their training.

Any other Google results you found supporting your ficticious fear of child suicide bombers from Japan?  Because I'm just not seeing it in any of your sources.

Really? You didn't know Japan invaded Alaska and you are going to test me again?

Perhaps you should have read the sources thoroughly before replying with such attitude. I hope your foot tastes good.
"Soldiers were assigned to schools to train even primary-level children in the use of weapons like bamboo spears. Boys were trained to strap on satchel charges and charge a tank, roll under it and set off the charge."

And obviously the children were never actually used, we never invaded Japan. They surrendered before a land invasion was necessary. Or do I need to provide proof of that for you too? Sorry, I figured that was covered basic public school education.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »
Really? You didn't know Japan invaded Alaska and you are going to test me again?

Perhaps you should have read the sources thoroughly before replying with such attitude. I hope your foot tastes good.
"Soldiers were assigned to schools to train even primary-level children in the use of weapons like bamboo spears. Boys were trained to strap on satchel charges and charge a tank, roll under it and set off the charge."

And obviously the children were never actually used, we never invaded Japan. They surrendered before a land invasion was necessary. Or do I need to provide proof of that for you too? Sorry, I figured that was covered basic public school education.

Okay, so they trained to commit suicide blowing up tanks.  To me, a modern Muslim-style suicide bomber targets people, not tanks, but I guess that qualifies as TRAINING to do the deed.  Terrorism looks to strike fear in the hearts of the populace, whereas a bomber with a military mission would target soldiers, communications, and armor.

I guess if you have to be afraid of something, Japanese kids with bombs strapped to them can be as scary to you as soldiers with weapons that kill from hundreds of yards or more away.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »
Okay, so they trained to commit suicide blowing up tanks.  To me, a modern Muslim-style suicide bomber targets people, not tanks, but I guess that qualifies as TRAINING to do the deed.  Terrorism looks to strike fear in the hearts of the populace, whereas a bomber with a military mission would target soldiers, communications, and armor.

I guess if you have to be afraid of something, Japanese kids with bombs strapped to them can be as scary to you as soldiers with weapons that kill from hundreds of yards or more away.

What are you even talking about? How did this transition into a discussion about terrorism?

We were discussing WW2 land invasions and you turned it into fear of muslim suicide bombers?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 11:03:19 PM »
What are you even talking about? How did this transition into a discussion about terrorism?

We were discussing WW2 land invasions and you turned it into fear of muslim suicide bombers?

I can't be sure if you actually can't follow the conversation from one post to the next, or if you're just trying to troll me for a response.

Either way, there's nothing topic related I can reply to your questions with.  Moving on now.    :stopjack:

230RN

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2016, 10:42:23 AM »
Posted on wrong thread.  Sorry.  Wa trying to post on the :"Don't eat at this restaurant" thread.

Thanks for the "like," but I moved the post to there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:54:51 AM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

230RN

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2016, 01:59:20 PM »
 :stopjack:

"Sorry, I figured that was covered [in] basic public school education."

Are you kidding?  The way history is taught in today's schools? 

America bad, nasty, evil. You little schoolchildren should feel guilty about America's power and carry that message with you always.  Bad America !

Most of what Bill Whittle said in the above video conforms to the accredited historical texts... some of  which were written by non-Americans.  He gets a wee bit ranty towards the end, but that's OK with me, since I am aware of the gross atrocities committed by the Japanese.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:51:40 AM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.