Some corporate entities cutting ties with the NRA (Read 7405 times)

mrgaf

Some corporate entities cutting ties with the NRA
« on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »
here's the link.....

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/nra-backlash-these-are-the-companies-cutting-ties

if you do business with any of these dung heaps, let them know how you feel and stop doing buisiness with them. I had quite a few investments with Metlife and cancelled everything today. Told them they have until close of business 2 March to have a check in my mailbox or bank account by 2 March or else they will hear from my lawyer. Scum bags tried to "reason" with meand make excuses but I let them know  but let them know what I thought of their spineless decision and company. Ditto for all my accounts with Enterprise holdings (Enterprise, National, Alamo ) as well as a nice email telling them the same thing I told Metlife. Cancelled my  Symantec account and let them know why (it was about to expire anyway so no biggie) and went with McAfee for the time being.  Time for everyone to tell these companies for F.O.A.D. No more being nice is what I say......  will be upgrading my NRA life membership along with a nice donation..... :wtf: >:D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:12:41 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Heavies

Re: Some corporate entities cutting ties with the NRA
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »
Delta
United
First National Bank of Omaha
Enterprise Holdings
Symantec Corporation
MetLife

macsak

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 08:34:33 AM »
Delta
United
First National Bank of Omaha
Enterprise Holdings
Symantec Corporation
MetLife

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/united-and-delta-cut-ties-to-nra-as-boycott-movement-spreads-to-global-corporations/ar-BBJx07h?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

On the same day, Chubb Limited announced that it will stop underwriting “NRA Carry Guard,” a policy marketed to NRA members who face legal or civil lawsuits after they shoot someone, which gun opponents sometimes call “murder insurance.” A spokesman for Chubb told Reuters that the company had made the decision months ago, but its announcement of the fact on Friday only increased the perception of a boycott movement swelling against the NRA.

tillamook

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »
Haha, The great moral leader United, who assault and drag people off their planes after they paid for a ticket, is dropping NRA.  How many dogs did you kill who were flying in cargo this year United?  Sorry, you need more than toilet paper to clean up your image. 

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 11:27:25 AM »
These stupid businesses have no idea that the NRA helped to train virtually EVERY single LEO in the USA.
Either directly or indirectly.
You think police departments just pulled all their training material out of a hat? 

http://le.nra.org/
What, Me Worry?

zippz

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 02:50:33 PM »
These stupid businesses have no idea that the NRA helped to train virtually EVERY single LEO in the USA.
Either directly or indirectly.
You think police departments just pulled all their training material out of a hat? 

http://le.nra.org/

Don't forget the military too.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

troy tanaka

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »
It was a business decision, the NRA has 20 million members, liberals 400 million so 20:1 ratio soevery NRA member they lose they gain lets say 5 liberals out of that 20 ratio plus you get free advertisment to the leberals for the fact they did this, its called making money in business. Expl, if i ran a bar and i have ten straight guys a night but i can bring in 50;gay guys to make more money ill turn that bar into a gay bar because i can make more money, i dont care about straight or gay people im running a business im here to make money. One persons lost is another ten person gain. More airlines will see this ratio and moved in on this, then what you guys are going to be kayaking to the mainland?

mrgaf

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 07:15:39 PM »
It was a business decision, the NRA has 20 million members, liberals 400 million so 20:1 ratio soevery NRA member they lose they gain lets say 5 liberals out of that 20 ratio plus you get free advertisment to the leberals for the fact they did this, its called making money in business. Expl, if i ran a bar and i have ten straight guys a night but i can bring in 50;gay guys to make more money ill turn that bar into a gay bar because i can make more money, i dont care about straight or gay people im running a business im here to make money. One persons lost is another ten person gain. More airlines will see this ratio and moved in on this, then what you guys are going to be kayaking to the mainland?

Where did you get your numbers? Did you go out and count the liberals? IMHO there are a lot of liberal gun owners who are members of the NRA as well. Show us the proof in the numbers you posted or did you just pull them out of your posterior.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

PowerStroke2016

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 07:09:50 AM »
I've been an NRA Member for about 20 years & never really used the discounts from other companies as a reason to decide if I was going to renew or not. So to counter the Anti-Gunners 3/24/18 March for Life as an excuse to  upgrade to NRA Life Member!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

robtmc

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 08:18:14 AM »
What are you babbling about?  Kayaking to the mainland?  WTF?  The airlines are now refusing to sell tickets to NRA members?

I have never used an NRA discount in 40 years of being a member.  Once looked at what Hertz offered and Budget was still far cheaper.

I do not give a damn about these kabuki theater media events, changes nothing.

punaperson

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »
Georgia's lieutenant gov blasts Delta for cutting ties with NRA; warns he will block legislation favoring airline

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/26/georgias-lieutenant-gov-blasts-delta-for-cutting-ties-with-nra-warns-will-block-legislation-favoring-airline.html

Georgia’s lieutenant governor warned Delta Monday that he will block any tax legislation that would benefit the airline unless it reverses its decision to sever ties with the National Rifle Association, warning that corporations cannot “attack conservatives” without consequences.

Delta, the Atlanta-based airline, and state lawmakers have weighed reinstating this year a once lucrative fuel tax break that has since expired.

But Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, who is a Republican gubernatorial candidate, blasted the airline’s decision to end the relationship with the NRA in the wake of the Parkland, Fla. high school shooting earlier this month, and threatened to block the bill.

“I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with the @NRA,” Cagle, who heads the Georgia State Senate, tweeted Monday. “Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back.

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »
So what happens with Carry Guard?

No one joins the NRA for the discounts/perks.  But in my case, the membership was free with my Carry Guard purchase.

oldfart

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 03:05:14 PM »
Georgia's lieutenant gov blasts Delta for cutting ties with NRA; warns he will block legislation favoring airline

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/26/georgias-lieutenant-gov-blasts-delta-for-cutting-ties-with-nra-warns-will-block-legislation-favoring-airline.html

Georgia’s lieutenant governor warned Delta Monday that he will block any tax legislation that would benefit the airline unless it reverses its decision to sever ties with the National Rifle Association, warning that corporations cannot “attack conservatives” without consequences.

Delta, the Atlanta-based airline, and state lawmakers have weighed reinstating this year a once lucrative fuel tax break that has since expired.

But Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, who is a Republican gubernatorial candidate, blasted the airline’s decision to end the relationship with the NRA in the wake of the Parkland, Fla. high school shooting earlier this month, and threatened to block the bill.

“I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with the @NRA,” Cagle, who heads the Georgia State Senate, tweeted Monday. “Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back.
=============
 :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 03:06:07 PM »
So what happens with Carry Guard?

No one joins the NRA for the discounts/perks.  But in my case, the membership was free with my Carry Guard purchase.

Either they find a new underwriter to provide the same benefits at the same price, or they offer a refund of premiums to subscribers. 

The decision to stop underwriting the NRA Carry Guard policies was made 3 months ago in November, long before the mass shooting in FL.  Apparently, it's a decision within the terms of the contract, so no breach exists.

There was a gun control group petitioning Chubb to withdraw from the deal with NRA, calling the coverage "Murder Insurance." 

Chubb hasn't publicly stated a reason for the withdrawal.

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2018/02/23/481494.htm
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 04:37:42 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

mauiblue

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »
I never did use the NRA corporate discounts. My union discounts are good enough for me. But now that I know the low life scum of the earth busineses that caved to the liberal mentality I definitely will not do business with them, ever.

flaboy808

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »
A couple more:

Simplisafe - home/business security system.  Starting the migration to another security system for a couple of my clients who are pro NRA.

Best Western
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

mrgaf

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 02:38:12 PM »
A couple more:

Simplisafe - home/business security system.  Starting the migration to another security system for a couple of my clients who are pro NRA.

Best Western

Received my simplysafe system yesterday then I heard they were pulling the plug with the NRA. Called them this morning, cited their decision regarding the NRA and then told them where they can shove their product. Took the unopened box back to the post office and refused delivery. Called my credit card company that I used to purchase it (cabelas), explained why it was being sent back and they issued me a temporary credit. They told me I wasn’t the only one doing this...

mrgaf

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 02:39:20 PM »
A couple more:

Best Western

Let me know which ones are pro 2a. Will send my business their way... mahalos  :shaka: