Chief Ballard on Guns in schools (Read 1314 times)

Aloha808

Chief Ballard on Guns in schools
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:12:47 PM »
Chief Ballard just said on the news that giving out rubber door stops is better than arming teachers. She said having a rubber door stop is more effective than a gun when there is a school shooter because they can't open the door.

No this is not a joke. Regardless of opinion on arming teachers, what a dumb thing to say.  I'll take a gun if someone is shooting at me, thank you.

Will probably replay later on the news channels. Was watching HNN

Bunker

Re: Chief Ballard on Guns in schools
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:11:46 PM »
This would be my teacher attire... ;D

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 06:14:58 PM »

Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 06:15:24 PM »
School officials say locks, barricades and training prevented more shooting deaths in Parkland

LAND O' LAKES, Fla. — Locks, barricades, solid doors and other security measures are being credited with preventing
yesterday's shooting from having an even higher death toll.

The ABC Action News I-Team has been talking with local school leaders about how they stack up when it comes to having
safety measures in place.

After Wednesday’s tragic shooting in Broward County, local districts are improving security measures and reinforcing training.

In Hillsborough County Schools, a lockdown drill will be planned for next week.

Districts throughout the bay area are taking a closer look at campuses and procedures to make sure they're ready, should the
next threat hit even closer to home.

“Really, it's about that uncertain time between recognizing a threat and law enforcement's arrival,” said Pasco County Sheriff’s
Office Lt. Troy Fergueson, who oversees school resource officers for Pasco County Schools.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/i-team-investigates/school-officials-say-locks-barricades-and-training-prevented-more-shooting-deaths-in-parkland

I gess "Stand your ground" is not for Gun Free Zones. 
Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it.

mrgaf

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 02:27:34 PM »
Freaking fugly scarecrow and a complete dumbass to boot.....
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman