why the 1911 makes polymer pistols obsolete (Read 961 times)

stangzilla

why the 1911 makes polymer pistols obsolete
« on: July 27, 2021, 12:36:56 PM »
some good points in favor of my favorite semiauto....the 1911   :thumbsup:
"Even when you're carrying a man's gun in 45 auto" :D
"John Moses Browning was a genius."  :thumbsup:

aaronc5362

Re: why the 1911 makes polymer pistols obsolete
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 05:14:02 AM »
Nice vid!

I agree with alot of points theyve talked about.

But i think ill take a polymer pistol over a 1911 and most aluminum framed pistols due to weight savings. I love my old p226s and 229s  :(. I should've kept those.  Also factor in maintenance and ammo capacity. I know there are double stacked 1911s in 9mm tho.

The safety features of 1911s are spot on though. I think ive watched way more negligence discharges from glocks compared to sigs (p series) and 1911s combined lol. Now enter springfield xd's etc. Never really cared for them but they do have that grip safety. If glocks came out with a thumb safety, i think that wouldve been really cool. Maybe their 10th gen will. Now that would be awesome or even better a da/sa with hammer on a polymer frame!!! Like a p07 or p09. But still use gen 4/5 mags. I got quite a bit so i hope glock continues for it to be compatible with future generations of their pistols.

I think theres a place and time for all types of firearms.

stangzilla

Re: why the 1911 makes polymer pistols obsolete
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 05:17:31 PM »
Nice vid!

I agree with alot of points theyve talked about.

But i think ill take a polymer pistol over a 1911 and most aluminum framed pistols due to weight savings. I love my old p226s and 229s  :(. I should've kept those.  Also factor in maintenance and ammo capacity. I know there are double stacked 1911s in 9mm tho.

The safety features of 1911s are spot on though. I think ive watched way more negligence discharges from glocks compared to sigs (p series) and 1911s combined lol. Now enter springfield xd's etc. Never really cared for them but they do have that grip safety. If glocks came out with a thumb safety, i think that wouldve been really cool. Maybe their 10th gen will. Now that would be awesome or even better a da/sa with hammer on a polymer frame!!! Like a p07 or p09. But still use gen 4/5 mags. I got quite a bit so i hope glock continues for it to be compatible with future generations of their pistols.

I think theres a place and time for all types of firearms.

agree with your statements
I have my G19 setup for a SHTF/bugout sidearm. its light, the ammo is lighter than 45acp.  if i have to bugout of my house and carry a sidearm around it would be my Glock.
If I'm hunkering down at home, i would use my XDm.  its bigger than the Glock but holds the same capacity as the Glock.  bc we are in Hawaii, that's a measly 10 rounds. 
for any SHTF scenario, my primary defensive firearm is my AR, and the pistols are merely a sidearm.
my primary choice for a defensive sidearm would not be a 1911, although i would not feel under-gunned using one for that purpose. but i have better options to choose from
the video make some good points about the safety and if you do get disarmed the enemy may not know how to use a 1911 and take off the manual safety
i also agree that there is a place and time for all firearms.  no one firearm is a do all firearm.  you need several firearms to do it all, or do all that you need to do.  thats why we own several firearms.   :shaka: