Sichtkraft Wind Flags (Read 1910 times)

esk808

Sichtkraft Wind Flags
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
I posted these wind flags in "Post Your Latest Purchase", but I thought to post them again here for more exposure.

Kokohead is pretty much windy all year round, and you'd be surprised that the wind shifts on the left-hand side of the rifle range something ferocious, because the on-shore wind bounces off the left-hand side hollow tile wall, making the wind go left and right. 

The right-hand side of the rifle range is pretty much stable, meaning that the wind doesn't shift as much as on the left-hand side.  When I used small survey flags, the 50-yard flag would blow to the left, and the 25-yard flag would blow to the right !   Hard to figure out.

Problem is, on the right-hand side, the shooter has a steeper angle shooting down towards the 50-yard targets.

I ordered these wind flags from Germany on December 14, 2018, and they arrived January 23, 2019.

They should give me wind direction and relative wind strength at Kokohead.

They are height-adjustable.

https://shop.sichtkraft.com/en/wind-flag-50m-issf-type.html

It is "Made in Germany", not "Made in China" so quality is top-notch.  Very well made, well thought-out, and the flags swivel (showing wind direction).

Sichtkraft has become a member of 2aHawaii as "sichtkraft" so you can PM the owner, Tilman Bremer, anytime from this site.