Red Dot on Pistol - Glock 17/ZEV/Trijicon (Read 2263 times)

drck1000

Red Dot on Pistol - Glock 17/ZEV/Trijicon
« on: February 23, 2018, 01:51:43 PM »
All the components finally in and put together. Gonna try to hit the range this weekend.

Glock 17 Gen 4 frame (actually from my 34)
ZEV RMR Spartan Slide
Trijicon Type 2 RMR 3.25 MOA
ZEV FO/HD Suppressor Sights
Storm Lake SS Barrel

Been looking forward to a setup like this for a while.

Drakiir84

Re: Red Dot on Pistol - Glock 17/ZEV/Trijicon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:26:14 PM »
You can test it out on Sunday, we could use another instructor lol...
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

drck1000

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:46:59 PM »
You can test it out on Sunday, we could use another instructor lol...
Sorry, I had family stuff on Sunday.  As it turns out, the slide is going back to ZEV.  When I tried to zero the rear sight, the set screw wouldn't budge. 

I was able to put about 50 rounds through it on Saturday though.  No malfunctions.  I read that this setup can take some time to work in, especially with the Storm Lake SS barrel, but no malfunctions.  I was able to get a pretty good zero on the dot in about 6 rounds (two shot strings).  Overall liked how the Trijicon RMR worked.  Wanted to get this setup on some paper drills closer, but that will have to wait until the slide comes back. 

rklapp

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
Someone was also trying to get their 22 pistol to work on the rifle side Saturday and seemed to be having similar issues. I assume it was a 22 because he was shooting at a target box at the 25 yard line.

I laugh whenever I see some other guys setting up a chair for a target stand to shoot their 22 pistol at. I wonder if his wife knows he's using her dining room chair at the range. Just put the cushion back and she won't know...   :rofl:   :D
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 12:44:44 PM »
Finally got the slide back from ZEV.  Took almost 2 months!  Probably was on the bottom of their "to do" list.  The slide was returned with sights separate, as requested.  Not sure if they gave me the same front sight back, but the rear sight appears to be a new one.  I tried installing over the weekend and will need to file the fit the rear sight since it wouldn't go past even 1/16".  Didn't have time to break out the file to fit, so that will have to wait.  I bet they had to drill out the set screw and ended up giving me another rear sight.  So I guess I'm happy about the new rear sight. 

Don't think I'll have time to hit the range with it for the next couple of weekends, but really looking forward to shooting this gun a lot more.