Anyone use cross draw holster? (Read 13244 times)

drck1000

Re: Anyone use crass draw holster?
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2018, 03:44:28 PM »
I'm not allowed to buy anything for a while lol.
Give me $$$ and I’ll order for you.  :thumbsup:  :shaka:

robtmc

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »
Crass draw.  Just noticed that. . . :facepalm:
So did I......How many spell check their titles?  Mind is on what you are going to post ..............

drck1000

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
So did I......How many spell check their titles?  Mind is on what you are going to post ..............

Haha. Yeah. Fingers typing what subconsciously on the mind.

changemyoil66

Re: Anyone use cross draw holster?
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2018, 05:50:55 PM »
Im new so i thought crass draw was the name. Especially since others were saying crass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Eric808

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »

I prefer nice polite refined sophisticated careful delicate kind sensitive tactful holsters

:worship: :worship: :worship: Kelly Clarkson

robtmc

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
It was somewhat inexpensive, so I got a Safariland 7378 ALS paddle/belt holster from Amazon to try out.  So far, it is great.  The thumb motion to release the retention seems almost like part of the draw, and it comes up easily.  Mounted with no tilt. 

Might not need CROSS draw after all, just needed  a holster that sat right and I did not have to hunt around for the release like the SERPA stuff.   

The Bianchi 7L I got was a farce.  Supposed to be able to use it cross draw, but it was not right.  Too hard to pop the thumb snap in any orientation.  Strap was an enormous drag on the draw unless you took the time to tug it out of the way..  Prompt drawing was almost out of the question unless I took my time about it.  Good thing it was cheap for a leather holster.  Not looking to be Doc Holliday, but do not want to get bogged down fighting the holster.

Anyone want an unused Bianchi 7L holster for e Glock 30, let me know.   You pay shipping only.

Almost was ready to stick with the little non-retention plastic Glock holster.  Thems the breaks of buying a gun not in the mainstream where there are lots of options.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:54:01 PM by robtmc »

drck1000

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
I like Safariland with ALS. I used to have them with SLS, but I like the ALS better. I have them on my training belt with a drop attachment. Makes it easier with it being maybe 2-3 “ lower.

Is the version you have on the belt line? A little drop might help with shoulder flexibility issues. Not sure about where concealability factors in, but the drop is likely harder to conceal.

robtmc

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 05:01:01 PM »
I like Safariland with ALS. I used to have them with SLS, but I like the ALS better. I have them on my training belt with a drop attachment. Makes it easier with it being maybe 2-3 “ lower.

Is the version you have on the belt line? A little drop might help with shoulder flexibility issues. Not sure about where concealability factors in, but the drop is likely harder to conceal.
Have the belt loop rig on for now.  It sits maybe1-2" lower than what I have tried, especially as where you hand goes to start is where the draw starts, so to speak.. 

The straight up pull and lack of snap to fiddle with are nice.  Just a simple continuous motion.  Stopping to farque with the thumbsnap with shoulder tensed up just aggravated issues.

The Safariland instructions suggest practicing the draw to achieve 2 seconds or less..  Never had a holster come with that sort of tip before.

Comes with both a paddle and belt loop gizmo.  Put the belt loop on for now set it up on a belt with double magazine holder.  For SHTF, grab and belt up, even if buck nekkid.

Hard to believe a portly little 30 could be concealed with what I normally wear, but the paddle is there as an option.  A fanny pack is more likely but certain to be a cop magnet. 

Maybe we should all start using them for wallet and stuff to de-sensitize cops so they will not have an easy excuse to start shooting when they see you reach to pay the tab?

"The waiter brought the bill to the next table and  "I was afraid for my life!"

No CCW likely in my lifetime if I stay here, so not a big concern.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:25:41 AM by robtmc »

drck1000

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2018, 10:52:55 AM »
Have the belt loop rig on for now.  It sits maybe1-2" lower than what I have tried, especially as where you had goes to start is where the draw starts, so to speak.. 

The straight up pull and lack of snap to fiddle with are nice.  Just a simple continuous motion.  Stopping to farque with the thumbsnap with shoulder tensed up just aggravated issues.

The Safariland instructions suggest practicing the draw to achieve 2 seconds or less..  Never had a holster come with that sort of tip before.

Comes with both a paddle and belt loop gizmo.  Put the belt loop on for now set it up on a belt with double magazine holder.  For SHTF, grab and belt up, even if buck nekkid.

Hard to believe a portly little 30 could be concealed with what I normally wear, but the paddle is there as an option.  A fanny pack is more likely but certain to be a cop magnet. 

Maybe we should all start using them for wallet and stuff to de-sensitize cops so they will not have an easy excuse to start shooting when they see you reach to pay the tab?

"The waiter brought the bill to the next table and  "I was afraid for my life!"

No CCW likely in my lifetime if I stay here, so not a big concern.
Gotcha. Hit me up if you’d like to try a drop attachment. I think I have a spare Safariland one for belt mount. For me, the drop attachment helps keep the gun at a more neutral position for my elbow in terms of hand placement to get to the draw and space for the draw. Belt level is ok, but little cramped home draw. Drop leg makes me sort of have to tilt at the waist to get to.

zippz

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2018, 11:17:50 AM »
The Bianchi 7L I got was a farce.

That was my first holster when I got my first handgun.  It was alright for concealed carry use.  But the angle did make it a little awkward to draw and remove the thumbreak.  It works with practice.  Thumb breaks as a whole take practice to snap off quickly.

If the button is difficult, you can wear it in and also apply graphite or pencil lead to help
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Rocky

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2018, 12:42:29 PM »
Gotcha. Hit me up if you’d like to try a drop attachment. I think I have a spare Safariland one for belt mount. For me, the drop attachment helps keep the gun at a more neutral position for my elbow in terms of hand placement to get to the draw and space for the draw. Belt level is ok, but little cramped home draw. Drop leg makes me sort of have to tilt at the waist to get to.
I was given an Uncle Mikes crossdraw, sold immediately.
And  I stopped using my Serpa awhile back in trade for a SL.
Liked the thumb release a lot better.
Utilizing  the -2"drop attachment only speeded up my draw.  ;D
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

robtmc

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »
That was my first holster when I got my first handgun.  It was alright for concealed carry use.  But the angle did make it a little awkward to draw and remove the thumbreak.  It works with practice.  Thumb breaks as a whole take practice to snap off quickly.

If the button is difficult, you can wear it in and also apply graphite or pencil lead to help
Suppose I could have learned to deal with the strap, but having to do it near the top of the height I can raise my hand was a non-start.  The strap on my ancient Bianchi 111 cyclone is much better, but still slows things down.

The ALS dropped the gun position a good ways alone, and not having to shift grip to fiddle the release is all it takes.

robtmc

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »
Gotcha. Hit me up if you’d like to try a drop attachment. I think I have a spare Safariland one for belt mount.
Different island, would not want you to be shipping stuff for me to fiddle.  Not that expensive if I looked at the right thing on Amazon.  Lots of bits and pieces in the picture.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-HDA-KIT-6281HDA-Adapter-HDA-KIT-LH/dp/B0048KCRS6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1528676002&sr=8-9&keywords=safariland+holster+drop

drck1000

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »
Different island, would not want you to be shipping stuff for me to fiddle.  Not that expensive if I looked at the right thing on Amazon.  Lots of bits and pieces in the picture.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-HDA-KIT-6281HDA-Adapter-HDA-KIT-LH/dp/B0048KCRS6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1528676002&sr=8-9&keywords=safariland+holster+drop
Ahh. Ok. I thought you were on Oahu. Maybe thinking of a different guy.