Anyone use cross draw holster? (Read 13581 times)

Bushido

Re: Anyone use crass draw holster?
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 06:40:18 PM »
Hmmm...appendix carry? Like this guy?  :rofl:
Ouch

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/06/kat-ainsworth/video-holstered-pistol-discharges-negligent-or-accident/

Wow must be some $20 holster or user error. I was taught to holster an AIWB holster than put it in your pants, which he didn't. There's no way that gun fires if the trigger guard is completely covered on both sides and no clothing was snagged in the holster. Neither would happen if holstered before inserting into your pants with a quality holster IMO.

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2018, 07:10:24 PM »
Maybe he had a zev trigger? Seen those go off when the pin slides out slightly. Luckily the shooter was dry firing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bushido

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 07:43:48 PM »
Maybe he had a zev trigger? Seen those go off when the pin slides out slightly. Luckily the shooter was dry firing.

i work with mechanical things for a living. Yes, I do realize they fail occasionally and they do happen. It takes a couple things to fail for many handguns to fire unintentionally. I trust my junk with what I own 100%. BTW I also subscribe to the thought there is no such thing as an AD but do believe in a ND.

robtmc

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 08:20:45 PM »
Back in the early days of IPSC shooting, crass  :rofl: draw holsters were the accepted normal.

It didn't take long for competition shooters to figure out that it was advantageous to draw straight up from your side.
Fast is not what concerns me.  Reliability or being able to draw smoothly and without surprises.  ISPC competition is not an objective. 

Need to be confident in getting the weapon presented without unnecessary drama or physical glitches happening that stop or slow the draw.   Yeah, I have bad shoulders and am a stiff olde farte.

I could do stretching until the cows come home, but would rather do other things, like explore alternative holster positions.

My holster selection would likely sit on the shelf considering no CCW in the near future, so this would be a grab and strap on if SHTF.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »
I'm sure they have one to fit you ...

https://www.flashbangstore.com

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »
Miami vice or fanny pack.

IWB at 9 or 10PM position. Great for driving a car.
Butt might print though.

Miami vice lets you throw on gun Plus 2 mags fast and it balances out.
I used to sell all this stuff to local LEOs

Still have new old stock. What gun you got?
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 10:27:07 PM »
Make sure you leave the gun with someone/in the car if you plan on busting some lit moves on the dance floor....

-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »

https://www.flashbangstore.com
The mrs was looking at these. Or a ULTI clip, cause most of her shorts are not belt compatable

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »
i work with mechanical things for a living. Yes, I do realize they fail occasionally and they do happen. It takes a couple things to fail for many handguns to fire unintentionally. I trust my junk with what I own 100%. BTW I also subscribe to the thought there is no such thing as an AD but do believe in a ND.
I work on a computer all day and not mechanically educated. So your words are reassuring. Thanks. I can change my own oil though.

zippz

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 08:32:03 AM »
Wow must be some $20 holster or user error. I was taught to holster an AIWB holster than put it in your pants, which he didn't. There's no way that gun fires if the trigger guard is completely covered on both sides and no clothing was snagged in the holster. Neither would happen if holstered before inserting into your pants with a quality holster IMO.

My guess is it was a Glock 19 in a Glock 26 open end holster.  Bending down allowed the muzzle end to push the gun out of the holster and bending further down allowed the pants or belt buckle to touch the trigger.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2018, 09:47:27 AM »
The article mentioned an INCOG holster.  I have one of the original versions and I've carried with it no problems.  While I of course don't carry very often at all, it is my understanding that INCOGs are widely used and have gotten pretty good reviews.  For my 17, it completely covers the trigger guard.

I've been to pistol classes where they had allowed AIWB holsters and having to holster a hot gun quite often.  Hot in the sense of condition as well as hot after shooting courses of fire.  I recall one guy burning his abdomen from the hot muzzle.   :o  I always wondered about the hazards of reholstering to an AIWB holster in a class like that, but like anything, assume you just have to be careful and aware.  On many courses in the mainland, I recall jackets being something to be careful, even when using OWB holsters because it can get caught in the trigger guard, especially those cords that cinch down the area around the waist. 

robtmc

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 11:38:13 AM »
Holsters for chicks?

You being a smartazz???

robtmc

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »
Miami vice or fanny pack.

IWB at 9 or 10PM position. Great for driving a car.
Butt might print though.

Miami vice lets you throw on gun Plus 2 mags fast and it balances out.
I used to sell all this stuff to local LEOs

Still have new old stock. What gun you got?
I "might" get a Glock 30sf.

"Might"

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 12:38:35 PM »
Holsters for chicks?

You being a smartazz???

If the bra fits!   :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

Drakiir84

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 01:57:05 PM »
The article mentioned an INCOG holster.  I have one of the original versions and I've carried with it no problems.  While I of course don't carry very often at all, it is my understanding that INCOGs are widely used and have gotten pretty good reviews.  For my 17, it completely covers the trigger guard.

I've been to pistol classes where they had allowed AIWB holsters and having to holster a hot gun quite often.  Hot in the sense of condition as well as hot after shooting courses of fire.  I recall one guy burning his abdomen from the hot muzzle.   :o  I always wondered about the hazards of reholstering to an AIWB holster in a class like that, but like anything, assume you just have to be careful and aware.  On many courses in the mainland, I recall jackets being something to be careful, even when using OWB holsters because it can get caught in the trigger guard, especially those cords that cinch down the area around the waist.

I carried a G17 in an INCOG for about a year and a half, then carried a G19 with surefire XC-1 in an INCOG for about a year before I switched to a T-Rex Arms Sidecar that fits both guns with an X300-U.  I'm not going to theorize on why the gun went off because it's a waste of time, will just hope that more information is released....  But I'll leave this here.  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/06/glock-triggered-holstered/
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

drck1000

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
I carried a G17 in an INCOG for about a year and a half, then carried a G19 with surefire XC-1 in an INCOG for about a year before I switched to a T-Rex Arms Sidecar that fits both guns with an X300-U.  I'm not going to theorize on why the gun went off because it's a waste of time, will just hope that more information is released....  But I'll leave this here.  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/06/glock-triggered-holstered/
I've only tried T-Rex's OWB holsters.  Been using mostly Safariland recently, but I should give the T-Rex stuff more time.  They seem well made, but just haven't used them that much.  I got a Ragnarok for my G17 (gun only) and G17 with X300.  I'd be down to try one of their Sidecars or something from Bravo as well.  Now that I have the G17 slide back with the RDS, I probably will make time to shoot that more often.  Too bad no fun shoot for a while.  I guess I could always offer it up to be shot at the SSF.  That would be a good test of durability.   ;D

On that "Glock Triggered" thing, didn't we discuss that here?  I thought we did.  Or maybe it was on another forum.  I have only tried the Zev disconnector on my G34.  Haven't changed anything trigger wise beyond that. 

drck1000

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2018, 02:13:23 PM »

I prefer nice polite refined sophisticated careful delicate kind sensitive tactful holsters
Crass draw.  Just noticed that. . . :facepalm:

Drakiir84

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2018, 03:30:26 PM »
I've only tried T-Rex's OWB holsters.  Been using mostly Safariland recently, but I should give the T-Rex stuff more time.  They seem well made, but just haven't used them that much.  I got a Ragnarok for my G17 (gun only) and G17 with X300.  I'd be down to try one of their Sidecars or something from Bravo as well.  Now that I have the G17 slide back with the RDS, I probably will make time to shoot that more often.  Too bad no fun shoot for a while.  I guess I could always offer it up to be shot at the SSF.  That would be a good test of durability.   ;D

On that "Glock Triggered" thing, didn't we discuss that here?  I thought we did.  Or maybe it was on another forum.  I have only tried the Zev disconnector on my G34.  Haven't changed anything trigger wise beyond that.

You can put it on my station, I'll have my 'Fauxland special' as well.  I'm also on the Safariland kick, was just waiting for a good sale and got the 6354 DO for 25-30% off a few months back.  The Ragnarok, Sidecar and 6354 can all holster my light-bearing 19 or 17 since they latch onto the X300-U.  Added the QLS fork to the 6354 and ragnarok to switch between belts rigs.  Good times.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

drck1000

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »
You can put it on my station, I'll have my 'Fauxland special' as well.  I'm also on the Safariland kick, was just waiting for a good sale and got the 6354 DO for 25-30% off a few months back.  The Ragnarok, Sidecar and 6354 can all holster my light-bearing 19 or 17 since they latch onto the X300-U.  Added the QLS fork to the 6354 and ragnarok to switch between belts rigs.  Good times.
Check out HolsterOps. They carry a lot of Safariland stuff and have sales quite often.

Drakiir84

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2018, 03:39:57 PM »
Check out HolsterOps. They carry a lot of Safariland stuff and have sales quite often.

I'm not allowed to buy anything for a while lol.
-Jeff Cooper